Terminator Genisys (July 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terminator 5 - Shooting Jan 2014

They should make T5 about how the character of Arnold became the Terminator. Has that ever been explained, how Skynet picked the human subject to be the outside facade of the Terminators?

They did that in T3... sort of :lol

But yeah, that could be a possible route - Arnold as a human and not a Terminator.

A-dev's suggestion about a Kyle Reese / resistance film would be excellent! I wouldn't want Anton Yelchin to play him though - didn't like him in T-4.

The second idea I'd like to see (& was just mentioned again on this page) is Arnold playing the man behind the T-800 design aesthetic. A much more plausible story than Arnold in the title role again - which frees the film up for the mo-cap stuff.

The third idea I had was to just get Roland Kickinger to play the T-800 - THAT I'd LOVE to see.

All that said - love or hate it, I'm really happy to see Arnold doing another one - I'm behind it, even if it's going to be crap. :lol

You thought T4 was boring?? Hmm. It's been awhile since I watched it. It does drag on a bit. But there are some classic scenes in it and I love the actor they got to play young Kyle.

I could really enjoy T3 much more if someone besides that Monkey faced kid was playing Conner. I can't stand him. Otherwise I find that film to be such an easy watch. It's by far the "dumbest" plot wise of the series.. But man I love some of them action scenes. I also liked how this was the first one that made note of how much these Terminators must weigh.
:goodpost:
I love T3 more than TS just for the action scenes and Arnold's BD makeup and effects.

I found Salvation boring (though I agree with you about Anton Yelchin as young Kyle... thought that was perfect casting) in the same way people seem to be complaining about MoS or Transformers-type action movies. There's lots of action, but no emotional investment in it, so I didn't care much what was happening.

Feel the same way as you about Conner in T3. Just a terrible choice and that scene where he explains his mother's absence from the film... cringe worthy. I get what you're saying about the action sequences, though. The fire truck scene was pretty inventive and interesting to watch, especially when he drops the hook through the manhole cover. Even though at the time I really disliked T3, I'd have to say I'd sooner watch it than Salvation.
That was awesome.

They should make T5 about how the character of Arnold became the Terminator. Has that ever been explained, how Skynet picked the human subject to be the outside facade of the Terminators?
Explained in a deleted scene from T3
A deleted scene from Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines reveals that the Model 101's appearance was based on Chief Master Sergeant William Candy, with his Southern accent replaced by the more menacing voice of one of the developers. One part of the scene shows Candy next to a partially complete endoskeleton, indicating that the Terminators were being developed by humans before Judgment Day.

Please god make that this movie is not greenlit and that everyone wait until the right goes back to JAMES CAMERON so that he can produce (or direct but i doubt it) a Terminator movie that he wrote telling the story that led Kyle reese to travel back in time.
Basically the whole unfilmed script from T2.

Please god make that this movie is not greenlit and that everyone wait until the right goes back to JAMES CAMERON so that he can produce (or direct but i doubt it) a Terminator movie that he wrote telling the story that led Kyle reese to travel back in time.
Basically the whole unfilmed script from T2.
2ypaq80.jpg

:lol :wink1:

^^

Well i'm sure that would be better than what we got without Cameron :)

A Cameron-directed full blown future-war movie with Timothy Oliphant as Kyle Reese would have kicked every kind of a$$ that's ever been invented.

:monkey2

A Cameron-directed full blown future-war movie with Timothy Oliphant as Kyle Reese would have kicked every kind of a$$ that's ever been invented.
No it wouldn't. There's no way to make 2h long film out of it.
I say FILM, not mindless entertainment or another TS.

There's going to be tons of CG works involved to cover up arnie's age...
I love Arnie, but he's 65... I doubt he can still fit as a "terminator", hope he proves me wrong.

Everything is a cash grab....

Let me stand up for T3. While far from perfect the T-X was great and it had some of the best action scenes in the franchise. Had they cast John Conner better it would have been just fine.

T4 was also fine IMO and very enjoyable the first time I watched it.

T2 is IMO overrated by the masses. It is basically a remake of the original. I hate John Conner in this one. I don't care for Sarah in this one either. The T-1000 saves the film IMO but really for me there is nothing all that exciting, action scene wise in the film. It good but far from the best of the series. Had T2 had the action scene quality of T3 it would be close to the original.

However

The Original is THE TERMINATOR film that none of the sequels have come close to matching. Still by far one of the best sci fi/ horror films ever. Bad Arnie is the best Arnie :)

As far as a part five goes. Well if they made Jeff Bridges look young for Tron 2 I guess they could do it for Arnie also. If not then it's going to be an unintentionally funny Terminator film.

I agree with you on that.
T2 is waaaay overrated, but there you go. It does have memorable scenes and great moments, but I still prefer T1.

On the subject of T3, I might have to give it another go. It's one of the few movies I didn't finish watching...

I agree with you on that.
T2 is waaaay overrated, but there you go. It does have memorable scenes and great moments, but I still prefer T1.

On the subject of T3, I might have to give it another go. It's one of the few movies I didn't finish watching...

I just don't understand that. If T2 is "overrated" (hate that term along with underrated) then surely The Terminator is as well from all the fruitcakes that constantly pit the two of them against each other. What makes T2 so overrated? The fact that so many people enjoy it? The merchandising? I don't understand.

It wasn't until I came to Sideshowfreaks years back that I found people that are actually annoyed with T2 and hold the first in such higher regard. For me personally, I've always held the two of them about equally. They're both directed by Cameron, they're written by the same people, same filmmakers are involved, Arnold is back, Linda Hamilton is back, most of the cast and crew are back from the first, Stan Winston, etc. etc. The only real difference is the change from Orion to Carolco, but that's hardly a noteworthy change. I just never understood people that constantly rip Uncle Bob or always try and detract from Judgement Day and how great it is.

When I see that crap, I instantly want to rip the first one to pieces even though I love the damn film and it holds a very nostalgic place in my heart. I just don't understand why people on here always try and pit the two of them against each other like there can "only be one".

Back