Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rented and re-watched this movie (for the second time), and then listened to Whedon's commentary track. I wasn't blown away initially, and repeated viewings didn't really improve things, though obviously I could better digest the whole thing. Like Evilface, I think this was a good movie, but not great. I think part of it is Whedon's schtick, while refreshing and cool once upon a time (the time of Buffy and Firefly, anyway) gets a bit predictable after awhile. The James Gunn style humor felt much fresher, the fights in Winter Soldier felt more intense, and the drama. . .well, the Marvel Studios-verse doesn't hang its hat on the dramatic aspect, fortunately for everyone.

If/when RDJ Stark and Evans Cap start taking a back seat, I think that could be a good thing. At least for awhile. Would love to see the focus shift to Captain Marvel, Spidey, or maybe even (crosses fingers and whispers prayers to make this happen) Nighthawk! But I did enjoy the movie about the same as I did at the theater, so there wasn't a drop off here for me, as there was when I saw Thor 2, Winter Soldier, and some others.

One thing that I didn't notice that Whedon brought up on the commentary was that Maria Hill is wearing Cap's jacket in one scene. And I thought that was peculiar.

Even my second viewing of this film on Blu-ray still had me where I left the day of theater release. Just isn't my favorite Marvel film.

I too just saw it again (for the 9th time), and I love it even more. Being able to do some subtitles, helped a lot. I also noticed quite a few things I missed when I saw it in theatres. I really wish the Norn was included, that definitely added a ton! Which sucks too because it was more dramatic of Thor than his witty stuff Whedon made him to be.

I'll still support this film and still call it one of the best MCU films out there. Just wish I could see it in 3D again...Maybe I'll trade my XM Phoenix for one. :lol

Caught this for my 2nd viewing last night on Starz. Still sucks. What a waste.

I remember a lot of protective blathering about why Ultron is the way he is -- a cheesy clichéd arch-villain and humorist. Also a waste of energy to protect a really poorly developed and realized villain. Seems like a CGI version of a bad (meaning Schumacher) Batman villain.

Good parts: Hammer gag, the witch, and Ultron Mk I...

Caught this for my 2nd viewing last night on Starz. Still sucks. What a waste.

wwhTBLn.gif

:monkey3 ;)

Back