The Tomb - Arnold Schwarzenegger & Sylvester Stallone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"IT'S NOT A TOMBER!!!!":rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

T3LNr.jpg

hahaha the only thing i could think of seeing Arnie in that Bed was this:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtoJBv-YHUo&list=UUhPJH7PiUaoSgq1vNr1usqA&index=10&feature=plcp[/ame]

"Dee Norris weel bee heea anee moment,he killyoooallllll"

:lol:lol:lol

With Schwarzenegger, I get the concerns about his age because he's been tied up in politics and not taking care of himself and out of acting, but with Stallone, he's kept up, he's done movies in his older age, I don't see a significant difference in the performances he gives in Rocky Balboa, Rambo or Expendables that are that lesser than his performances in his older films when he was in his prime. Only difference I really notice is that he looks older and less in shape, so what, are you watching the movies these guys make to enjoy their ripped muscle bodies and tight skin? If so, ok, I get looking down on them still doing this stuff, but if you enjoyed the way they delivered lines and the sorts of fights and action sequences they'd be involved in, I really don't think their age is hurting those things at all.

Who else are the modern day action heroes that Arnie and Sly were in their day. I can't think of many, Vin Diesel (he has been screwing up big time with the crap Furious movies though) Jason Statham, maybe Will Smith not sure who else at the top of my head.

And that's it. Sam Worthington is young as ____, and don't get me started on Taylor Deadeyes.

From that list, I'd say Diesel and Statham are probably the only ones doing action films in the sense that Stallone and Schwarzenegger's movies were action films. That's why Stallone did Expendables, because you don't see those types of action films as much anymore, and you don't have the larger than life characters and actors. You get every day guys as leading men in any action films of today. Guys like Will Smith, Keanu Reeves and Sam Worthington are action stars of today, but nothing like Willis and Schwarzenegger and Stallone, or even Norris and Van Damme. The genre came and went with those guys and movies like Expendables and this are the only thing keeping it alive. Thankfully most of Statham's movies keep a bit of it going.

I'd put Willis in the 'everyday guys' camp despite his association with Arnie and Stallone. He was never a big bulky mofo or any kind of martial artist. Sure Die Hard 4 made out like he had a T-800 endoskeleton under his skin but don't be fooled.

True Willis is not like a Mr. Olympia and has a more common man quality to him than Stallone or Arnie, but I think his personality still sets him apart.

I think for me, it's seeing those guys as tough guys only, and that's why they make comedies out of sticking them in normal situations. Guys like Will Smith or Reeves or Worthington, for better or worse, are as effective at drama or romantic films as action. They are not pure action actors. Stallone and Willis and Schwarzenegger, those guys work in situations out of action, but really, that's what they are, they're just tough guys. Compare their bodies of work to today's action stars and you can see it.

Well this looks....

( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Interesting.

I'd put Willis in the 'everyday guys' camp despite his association with Arnie and Stallone. He was never a big bulky mofo or any kind of martial artist. Sure Die Hard 4 made out like he had a T-800 endoskeleton under his skin but don't be fooled.

That's one reason that movies sucked.:lecture

And for the Gibson comments, l hope he comes back, l always liked Mad Mel, unfortunately l think he is not welcome back in Hollywood.

the action man of the moment is neeson and it came to him near 60........the botox kills it for me cant take any man who ages like joan rivers seriously especially as a hard man....arnie sly van damme ......leave me with the memories

Back