Terminator Genisys (July 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terminator 5 - Shooting Jan 2014

Terrible things have been said in these last few posts.....

Ha Ha!!!! Take that A-Dev!!! Your avatar is from a seriously overrated film!!!! How do you like that???

;) ;)

I am not saying that T2 is bad. I just never understood the love it got. that there are so many who think it's the best in the series. It's good and the Extended version made it better. But that is strange for me because while I prefer the longer cut, story wise, I feel that the film is too long :(

I put all the blame on the John Connor character. Had he been more likable and cast better then perhaps I could enjoy the film more.

However I still say that it's just a remake of the first. The last 15 min is almost shot by shot only bigger.

Oh well. I know I am in the minority about this film but I should stress that I do think it's the second best of the series.... Just a far cry from the original.

You thought T4 was boring?? Hmm. It's been awhile since I watched it. It does drag on a bit. But there are some classic scenes in it and I love the actor they got to play young Kyle.

I could really enjoy T3 much more if someone besides that Monkey faced kid was playing Conner. I can't stand him. Otherwise I find that film to be such an easy watch. It's by far the "dumbest" plot wise of the series.. But man I love some of them action scenes. I also liked how this was the first one that made note of how much these Terminators must weigh.
I found Salvation boring (though I agree with you about Anton Yelchin as young Kyle... thought that was perfect casting) in the same way people seem to be complaining about MoS or Transformers-type action movies. There's lots of action, but no emotional investment in it, so I didn't care much what was happening.

Feel the same way as you about Conner in T3. Just a terrible choice and that scene where he explains his mother's absence from the film... cringe worthy. I get what you're saying about the action sequences, though. The fire truck scene was pretty inventive and interesting to watch, especially when he drops the hook through the manhole cover. Even though at the time I really disliked T3, I'd have to say I'd sooner watch it than Salvation.

Ha Ha!!!! Take that A-Dev!!! Your avatar is from a seriously overrated film!!!! How do you like that???

;) ;)...
:lol

;) ;)

I am not saying that T2 is bad. I just never understood the love it got. that there are so many who think it's the best in the series. It's good and the Extended version made it better. But that is strange for me because while I prefer the longer cut, story wise, I feel that the film is too long :(

I put all the blame on the John Connor character. Had he been more likable and cast better then perhaps I could enjoy the film more.

However I still say that it's just a remake of the first. The last 15 min is almost shot by shot only bigger.

Oh well. I know I am in the minority about this film but I should stress that I do think it's the second best of the series.... Just a far cry from the original.

Agreed!!!!! :clap

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja06DJrFe5E[/ame]

I'm right there with you, JAWS. There are elements of T2 that I love, but T1 is by far my fave.

For me, there are also elements of T2 that drive me nuts ... like Furlong's voice and most of his dialogue ... and any of the ill-advised attempts at humor. Also, that thumbs up at the end still drives me a little bonkers 20+ years later! :lol One of these days I'm gonna do a fan edit of that movie that redubs Furlong, replaces "Bad to the Bone" with the classic, creepy Terminator theme music and trims out the jokes.

As for T3 ... I'm not a fan. But I do appreciate how ballsy they went with the ending. I gotta give them props for destroying the world.

TS? I don't even know where to start. :monkey2

I wouldn't call Michael Biehn "atrocious", but I have never, ever, thought he was that great of an actor. He has the same awkward expressions in every role he's played. He's pretty bland and forgettable IMO.

I'm right there with you, JAWS. There are elements of T2 that I love, but T1 is by far my fave.

For me, there are also elements of T2 that drive me nuts ... like Furlong's voice and most of his dialogue ... and any of the ill-advised attempts at humor. Also, that thumbs up at the end still drives me a little bonkers 20+ years later! :lol One of these days I'm gonna do a fan edit of that movie that redubs Furlong, replaces "Bad to the Bone" with the classic, creepy Terminator theme music and trims out the jokes.

That would be a much better film. Make sure you send me an edit.

null-20.jpg

"Ow, my back". :slap

T2 is absolutely an awesome "Arnold vehicle." It was an iconic moment for him, all the more impressive that he'd already created an icon with a different version of that same character.

Not a "great" film like T1 obviously, but a pretty amazing achievement nonetheless. I picture that T5 will be "T3 Part Deux."

The only sequel that he should consider touching is a Conan film - literally the only one that could actually make a top film and preserve the integrity of the source material. I don't want to see him as a ****ing wrinkly Cyborg or the triplet brother of Eddie Murphy, John Matrix coming out of actual retirement in his log cabin nursing home etc etc.
Money talks though and louder than creative integrity it seems :(

I don't agree with anything DFab said. T1 is better then T2. But T2 is still one of the best movies of all time.

I like the tone better.

As long as they have him as a Terminator that has been active for decades, it can work. They're covered with living flesh afterall so t would make sense that skin ages too. And machines wear down over time as well. So as long as hey play up that angle and not have him try to be the same new ol' T-800/50 he always is then I think it will be OK. They need to know he's an outdated model that just won't quit - which is really what is happening here :lol

:lol True.

I just think as long as they play to his strengths he still has and not what he once had, they'll be fine. The Expendables worked afterall. They just need to treat this like an Expendables version of the Terminator. He's past his prime, but he's not useless yet. Frankly, it wouldn't hurt to have another Terminator to partner up with him. They could play off each other's weaknesses. To be honest, I've always wanted to see a good T-1000. Robert Patrick can't seem to get on a TV show that won't get cancelled, so he ought to be available at least. Having a T-800 and T-1000 duo team would :rock

That'd be wierd. But look why not, a Terminator 5 is pretty much gonna be crap anyway. Old T-800 and old T-1000 must join forces to combat an even betterer Terminator.

They should make T5 about how the character of Arnold became the Terminator. Has that ever been explained, how Skynet picked the human subject to be the outside facade of the Terminators?

And have the Rock be the new Terminator. He's got the build for it and he's in everything now anyway :lol

Back