James Cameron working on a new Terminator movie!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe cameron wants the last Terminator film to be as memorable as the one that started it, it was his idea, maybe he just finally feels the disappointment of fans and doesn't want his creation to fade out like that.

Maybe cameron wants the last Terminator film to be as memorable as the one that started it, it was his idea, maybe he just finally feels the disappointment of fans and doesn't want his creation to fade out like that.

It takes a special kind of writer to pen a "real" Terminator script. Starving-director James Cameron did it, and hyper-fanboy Josh Friedman and his team did it. It takes a lot of honesty, cynicism and introspection. Friedman could surely still pull it off, since he's been keeping TSCC secrets close to his chest for years now, but present-day-Cameron, Miller, and whatever species of apes that wrote those latter films, could not. It's an flimsy franchise that could only survive by a writer who could transcend the absurdity.

So does Cameron really empathizes with the fans' disappointment? That's always up for debate. :lol

If it's true, I hope he does continue with the mimetic polyalloy covered T-800.

IMG_7986.JPG

I'd like to see another good Terminator movie. T1 and T2 were great. I did like the TX design but that was about it for T3. Salvation was boring and forgettable, and I never saw Genisys. However if they try to shoehorn Arnold in again it will be doomed from the start.

Terminator needs its Rogue One.

I think the best it can hope for at this point is a Batman Begins-esque reboot, which might be exactly what Cameron is going for. The nice thing about Terminator is that it doesn't really need a "RO Vader" moment because Cameron gave us that right off the bat with the police station shootout.

I hope Cameron retcons everything after T2.

If not, just let the franchise dieeeee! ;_; please!

Terminator needs its Rogue One.
A disjointed artificial prequel with no human attachment, no emotional weight, quips, member one-liners and a few cool cameos?

Just end me ;_;

As you wish...

gNUF1k8.gif

If Cameron doesn't write or direct the film, it won't be a real Terminator film.

It won't be good either.

Cameron has never made a bad sequel.
Ah, heaven! At last!

xaIzoiM.gif

I really, REAAAALLY hope for the best, I can't stomach any more of this nostalgia **** riding and people's herd mentality supporting ****** vapid cash-ins, if they're gonna make another cash-in, I hope it's at least something of value.

In retrospect, Avatar look to be better than any of the latest nostalgia-core movies, despite how derivative it was, I may give it a re-watch soon and it if that's the case, then maybe there's something to look forward to.

Cameron to write it and co-directed by Cameron and Villeneuve, now that would get me to hop on :lol

Back