Terminator TV Series... again

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don't see how Arnie fits in as a Terminator though. Unless they somehow failed to kill him and his flesh healed shriveled and old and he's been hiding in a rest home all this time waiting for new orders from Skynet while his hairline recedes. :lol

He went deep-deep undercover as the Governor of California, had some close calls when his cover was nearly blown by phoney sexual harrassment allegations. Then at the appointed time returned to kill Jan Conna. :lol:lol:lol

I still don't see how Arnie fits in as a Terminator though. Unless they somehow failed to kill him and his flesh healed shriveled and old and he's been hiding in a rest home all this time waiting for new orders from Skynet while his hairline recedes. :lol

But that's how they can easily put him in any of the series (TV or films) now - he's just a T-800 that has been functioning for a long time. Surely if they are covered in real flesh, that flesh would eventually age right? :dunno Just have one line in there about something like that, and that should satisfy most people's complaints about Arnold being old.

But that's how they can easily put him in any of the series (TV or films) now - he's just a T-800 that has been functioning for a long time. Surely if they are covered in real flesh, that flesh would eventually age right? :dunno Just have one line in there about something like that, and that should satisfy most people's complaints about Arnold being old.

They could do that, but would they?

I remember I always said that they should have acknowledged within T3 that the T-800 (T-850 whatevs) looked older. It could easily have been explained.

I've liked Everything about Terminator .... TV Show ..., It was great to me, sad when it ended. ... T-3 ..., STILL the best chase scene with Vehicles imo, and I liked the Bale 1 too, CGR Arnie looked great to me .

I'll be Back . For sure.

Would he age or would the flesh just eventually rot? I know it's human tissue, but how long is it supposed to last? Weeks, months, years? I don't think I've ever heard any type of "science" behind the Terminators.

I'm not asking because of Arnold's age. I just never thought about it before.

In T2 the T-800 states that his skin heals just like any other human. Remember the line Sarah Connor uses that if he couldn't pass for human he's no good to them?

This could be applied to Arnie's noticeable ageing in the new film.

I'm interested to see the new movie and this new show, do I have high hopes for it though, not really. The age thing could be cleared up like some have stated, not really a big deal, just not sure it they will capture the true vibe of the first 2 terminator movies, t3 really cheesed it up and lost that gritty feel terminator had where t4 was a fun watch but never really lived up to the future war we were promised.

I would'nt mind seeing a continuation of salvation story though, they could rap up the series nicely with jumping from the 2018 timeline where it ended to the 2029 time frame where it was at the height of the war, full on armys of T-800's roming the battlefield leading up to the final battle Kyle Reese eludes to destroying the grid, where Kyle Reese and the first T-800 go into the time machine headed to 1984 and the series becomes a perfect loop.

Last edited:
I would'nt mind seeing a continuation of salvation story though, they could rap up the series nicely with jumping from the 2018 timeline where it ended to the 2029 time frame where it was at the height of the war, full on armys of T-800's roming the battlefield leading up to the final battle Kyle Reese eludes to destroying the grid, where Kyle Reese and the first T-800 go into the time machine headed to 1984 and the series becomes a perfect loop.

No Skull that would make too much sense. Why give the public exactly what they want to see after all these ****ing years. Screw that. Lets rehash the usual present day stuff instead. :exactly: :gah:

No Skull that would make too much sense. Why give the public exactly what they want to see after all these ****ing years. Screw that. Lets rehash the usual present day stuff instead. :exactly: :gah:

:monkey2

But...but I like my idea better:(

They really should rap up the story as original told, humans smash the grid, skynet makes there last ditch effort with time travel at the end, series complete.

This new telling taking it the series into uncharted territory will only prolong its death and futher distort the story as intended, but who am I like you said, a nobody:eek:

Doesn't work. We know from (T2 or T3?) that the T800 has a 150 year life cycle. But we also know that the body around the endo has to be huge to cover the endo's structure. Older Arnie just doesn't have the mass and at his age, without a gift from Stallone (and even then, that's still a looooooooong shot), he won't. Besides, I'm not sure I'd buy a T800 "aging" like a human given they have no birth. The human body as a whole ages. A T800's would likely rot away or something equivalent.

Doesn't work. We know from (T2 or T3?) that the T800 has a 150 year life cycle. But we also know that the body around the endo has to be huge to cover the endo's structure. Older Arnie just doesn't have the mass and at his age, without a gift from Stallone (and even then, that's still a looooooooong shot), he won't. Besides, I'm not sure I'd buy a T800 "aging" like a human given they have no birth. The human body as a whole ages. A T800's would likely rot away or something equivalent.

That's what I was thinking.

They might just make Arnie's character a T899, designed to infiltrate old folks homes? :lol

Or more likely use CG to have Arnie looking like he did back in 1990 with a stunt double performing the physical presence on set like they did for the brief scene in TS.

They might just make Arnie's character a T899, designed to infiltrate old folks homes? :lol

Or more likely use CG to have Arnie looking like he did back in 1990 with a stunt double performing the physical presence on set like they did for the brief scene in TS.

That whole scene looked stupid and hokey. Not only was the CG masking horrid, but Kickinger was proportionately broader than Arnie, which in turn, made the endo look goofy as hell. A whole movie done that way? **** that. :monkey4 :lol

[ame]https://youtu.be/L7YYfgx_cHo[/ame]

And no kids! :lecture

YouDamnKidsGetoffmylawn.jpg

Back