Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RDJ looks bored and positively getting a paycheck performance in AoU. IM3 gets alot of hate( I liked it better than AoU) but at least he looked like he was into the role and enjoying it. His AoU acting was forced , like he was disinterested in being there...

I enjoy AoU for a few good effects scenes and the great Hulkbuster/Hulk fight(far too short though)

Wow...some of you Freaks just LOVE to beat a dead horse. :lol

deadhorse.gif

I don't know, I feel like Tony is just in a weird place in this movie, I didn't think RDJ did bad at all.

Oddly, where solo films often feel a means toward Avengers, this feels more a setup for Cap and Thor 3.

It's not a bad movie by any means, it's still an amazing thing to see all those characters in one movie even if it isn't Citizen Kane.
We're spoiled and jaded too quickly anymore.
However the treatment of Thor was unforgivable,Marvel doesn't know what to do with him.

It's not a bad movie by any means, it's still an amazing thing to see all those characters in one movie even if it isn't Citizen Kane.

It's true. I remember when I'd watch Batman '66 over and over when I was a kid just because I was so excited to see comic book characters in live action. Same with the 70s Spider-man movie. All these movies blow those out of the water, and in my opinion, the MCU hasn't made one bad movie.

I appreciate that Marvel and Disney are making movies that everyone can enjoy, and allowing older folks to have the more mature characters like Punisher and Daredevil on the small screen. I'm a comic fan, and in my current mindset, I prefer Batman, Dardevil, and Punisher because of the darker themes they tackle, but I still like all the characters for who they are. I'm sure I'll be go back to being a Spider-man and Captain America fanatic when we get closer to Civil War.

Agreed.

Very, very true. :lecture

However the treatment of Thor was unforgivable,Marvel doesn't know what to do with him.

This I wholeheartedly agree with you on.

Re: RDJ's acting in AOU, I read that RDJ made $80 million salary in 2015 and will get $40 million for his role in CA:CW. When your making that much money, you better love what you do, cause honestly, if I had as much $ as he must have, I'm not sure I'd feel terribly motivated to do any kind of work, no matter how easy it was.

:lol

That scene was 100% stupid and pointless.

I know you're not a Joss Whedon fan, but he agrees.

Even as somewhat of a MCU homer I can agree that the "committee" management of the brand has it's negatives along with it's positives.

But Joss tapped out at the right time even for me. Let him go too long and the next one would be exclusively about Murder Ballet School. Which I would watch the **** out of but would be a terrible Avengers movie. Kinda Batman Returns but not exactly.

Back