James Cameron working on a new Terminator movie!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_m8kjcp3g551qziai1o2_500.gif

I stopped watching that show when one of the terminators turned into a toilet.

Maybe it was some kind of metaphor.

If there's another movie, Terminator Genisys at least has got to be scrubbed, that movie retconned nearly everything that had come before it.

Then you've gotta wonder whether Cameron would bother keeping TSCC after that, he might not. Sticking to his two movies would probably be cleaner and easier for his continuity.

If there's another movie, Terminator Genisys at least has got to be scrubbed, that movie retconned nearly everything that had come before it.

Then you've gotta wonder whether Cameron would bother keeping TSCC after that, he might not. Sticking to his two movies would probably be cleaner and easier for his continuity.

Would it be more convoluted to stick with TSCC? Absolutely. However, if you judge every Terminator media objectively, it has the most compelling ideas for continuing the Terminator saga that isn't just another rehash that the movies did. The saga is just too flimsy to add anything new without making it even more preposterous. It's almost a miracle the show managed to further the themes of T1/T2 and take it to new places, and a darn shame if the movies didn't took inspiration from it. (which none of them did actually) :lol

Would it be more convoluted to stick with TSCC? Absolutely. However, if you judge every Terminator media objectively, it has the most compelling ideas for continuing the Terminator saga that isn't just another rehash that the movies did. The saga is just too flimsy to add anything new without making it even more preposterous. It's almost a miracle the show managed to further the themes of T1/T2 and take it to new places, and a darn shame if the movies didn't took inspiration from it. (which none of them did actually) :lol

What I liked the most about TSCC, is that the show managed to stay faithful to T2 and become its own, self-identifying saga of the series. It was deeply philosophical, intelligently written, and the musical score was just beautiful. I also admired how it propelled the series forward in an alternate timeline, and it managed to do so without the ridiculous that was present in Salvation, and Genisys. I guess what I'm saying is, that the TSCC actually felt like a genuine Terminator entry, and it wasn't simply trying to cash in on the popularity of the franchise - unlike the movies that are being released as of late.

For me, TSCC is the end-point of the franchise, and I couldn't care less about anything else that follows after. Cameron or whomever else can scrub it from whatever timelines they're working on, but it doesn't negate the show's existence or it's canonical relevance to T1/T2.

If anyone's thinking that Cameron's role as a producer will somehow magically revitalize the franchise, instead of being one of his schemes for more Titanic wreck dives and Avatar funding..

Back