James Cameron working on a new Terminator movie!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Derek Reese. What a legend. One of the rare instances where I was genuinely shocked at an episode of television.

Probably the most unpopular opinion on the board but Cameron should work with his Avatar 2 screenwriter Josh Friedman, who happens to be the creator of TSCC- since he's probably the only person on earth who knows how to continue telling a Terminator story.

aiKE0u6.gif

Cameron may get the rights back, but I don't see him playing a big role in getting Terminator going again. He's too busy trying to figure out what else he can stick a ponytail ***** into. Besides, after seeing Cameron selling out for Genisys, Friedman is the only person I trust to get the franchise back on track.

Yeah Cameron can not be trusted.

He's more money now than man.

Cameron should go the Vader route with Terminators.

Last edited:
aiKE0u6.gif

Cameron may get the rights back, but I don't see him playing a big role in getting Terminator going again. He's too busy trying to figure out what else he can stick a ponytail ***** into. Besides, after seeing Cameron selling out for Genisys, Friedman is the only person I trust to get the franchise back on track.

Yeah Cameron can not be trusted.

He's more money now than man.

Cameron should go the Vader route with Terminators.

Wow. I forgot.

james-cameron_0.jpg

Derek Reese. What a legend. One of the rare instances where I was genuinely shocked at an episode of television.

Derek Resse was such a good character, I was surprised he wasn't in Geneshyte. I don't see how a new Terminator film, James Cameron or not, could introduce anything new that the show hasn't/didn't. It's gonna be another rehashed yet constrained movie.

We all should have known he was no longer right in the head as soon as we saw him wearing that shirt. :lol

I just remembered Cameron telling Arnold to do T3 regardless of how good/bad it is and just ask for a *&^* ton of money. That advice, along with the shameless Geneshyte endorsement, shows he doesn't care. For all we know all the Terminator money goes to funding for Avatar 16.

I just remembered Cameron telling Arnold to do T3 regardless of how good/bad it is and just ask for a *&^* ton of money. That advice, along with the shameless Geneshyte endorsement, shows he doesn't care. For all we know all the Terminator money goes to funding for Avatar 16.

True but if it means a-dev will finally get his kid John Connor figure it's a win for everyone. :lol

Last edited:
I just remembered Cameron telling Arnold to do T3 regardless of how good/bad it is and just ask for a *&^* ton of money. That advice, along with the shameless Genesyte endorsement, shows he doesn't care. For all we know all the Terminator money goes to funding for Avatar 16.

After Cameron's success with T2, that doesn't surprise me. I guess when people start pulling up to your house with dump trucks full of money there's little incentive to care about the actual quality of the film.

After Cameron's success with T2, that doesn't surprise me. I guess when people start pulling up to your house with dump trucks full of money there's little incentive to care about the actual quality of the film.

He never proposed a T3 in the first place, he wanted the series to end with T2 and has gone on record as saying he never cared what came afterwards. Unless you have something truly meaningful to do with the franchise, then it's nothing more than quick, greedy cash grab.

Don't get me wrong- I love Cameron and he's the king of the world, but he has degenerated to that guy who's obsessed over CGI and made the generic garbage that was Avatar. He lacks the honestly and credibility to make a true Terminator film.

He never proposed a T3 in the first place, he wanted the series to end with T2 and has gone on record as saying he never cared what came afterwards. Unless you have something truly meaningful to do with the franchise, then it's nothing more than quick, greedy cash grab.

Don't get me wrong- I love Cameron and he's the king of the world, but he has degenerated to that guy who's obsessed over CGI and made the generic garbage that was Avatar. He lacks the honestly and credibility to make a true Terminator film.

I agree. I like the James Cameron of old. I started losing faith when he made Titanic, which I hated, then he completely lost me with Avatar. In Avatar, he used CGI as the shiny object to distract the audience from the predictable and ****** story--and people ate it up so I don't see him changing anything with the new ones.

giphy.gif

"James Cameron, who regains certain rights to his prized creation The Terminator in 2019, is godfathering a new iteration of the film that might finally get it right in drawing a close in the battle between humans and Skynet. Sources said that Cameron...is in early talks with Deadpool director and VFX wiz Tim Miller to direct a reboot and conclusion of one of cinema’s great science fiction tales."

That's Deadline breaking the story that James Cameron wants to hire Tim Miller to direct "a reboot and conclusion" to the Terminator franchise, whatever that might entail. Deadline goes on to say that David Ellison's company, Skydance, has agreed to shell out the cash for an "exploratory effort" which will bring in a number of top-shelf science fiction writers to "find the movie creatively".

In other words: James Cameron's getting the keys to the Terminator franchise back in 2019, and while neither he nor anyone else involved in this project have the first clue what they'd like to do with it, they're going to spend a bunch of money trying to find one.

In summation: the Terminator franchise has been a creatively-barren wasteland for going on 20 years, and there's probably a reason for that - the mythology as originally conceived was never intended to support a franchise spanning multiple sequels and two full decades (to say nothing of the toll time has taken on its chief draw, former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger).

It is the opinion of the Court that - despite the best intentions of all involved and the undeniable technical prowess of both Mr. Cameron and Mr. Miller - that no good shall come of this, that the results stand every chance of being completely disastrous and, perhaps even more importantly, a waste of both time and money for all involved, all of which could be directed towards more potentially-fruitful endeavors.

Then again, maybe we're wrong, and what the Terminator franchise really needs is a fifth at-bat. Here's hoping - for the sake of all involved - that one of these science fiction writers can figure that out for them.

ppv5m3o.gif

Back