Terminator Genisys (July 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From one Driver avatar to the next, this is the most fitting gif reply I can give you. Good lord man.

giphy.gif

This is the most fitting gif reply I can give you.

tumblr_lz9qhvneyL1qzhglpo1_500.gif

attachment.php

I guess I didn't get the memo. Was she in Game of thrones? :dunno

Last edited:
Clarke and Ridley my two favorite cinema women..........all the haters can have ScarJo and JLaw....:wacky

Did people actually like Genisys, love the dragon game of thrones chick as Sarah and want to see sequels? Who cares? :lol

I hope this franchise stays dead. It's over.

I don't really care one way or another. My personal canon is set in stone, I never believed I was going to be adding Genisys to it despite Cameron calling it a straight 10 :lol

No one could've loved this movie that much...even though most of us really wanted to. Hollywood just keeps pumping out big, expensive, blockbuster, crap movies.

Why do people care SO much if more are or aren't made? As if it's some personal matter? Simply don't go see what you don't want to see and if other want to see it then why is it a big deal to you? Why continue to harp on hoping the franchise is dead?

I think there's a sense that the franchise overall becomes tarnished if the bad films start to outnumber the good ones. We're kinda past that point now though.

For myself, I can disregard anything past T2 easily enough and remain happy that T1 and T2 are still cool. I hate T3, not particularly fond of T4; I do enjoy Genisys on a certain level but I don't consider it a real Terminator film, for me it's not canon.

I was actually lookin' forward to the sequel. :monkey2
Not that I'd pay to see it but just out of curiosity. I liked the idea of rebooted continuity with no John Connor on the horizon.

Just saw this last night. Here is my review

Terminator: Genysis-5/10

I had no strong interest in ever watching it, but it was on Amazon Prime, and nothing else struck my fancy last night. . .admittedly, I was only half-way paying attention while I played chess on my phone. Seemed mediocre as I expected. Some of the stuff at the beginning, with the future war, and call-backs to T1 with new changes (old man T-800, Asian guy T-1000) were pretty neat. But overall it felt very flat and generic. Removing this from any comparison with the first two Terminator films (by which it would have a much lower score), the action was just an extended videogame sequence, the drama didn't really work, and the story wasn't very compelling overall. I feel Emilia Clarke is one of the worst things about Game of Thrones, and seeing her here reinforces my thought that she's just not a very good actress. Jai Courtney was generic as hell, as expected, and has no charisma or charm to speak of. Hopefully he'll be better in Suicide Squad. The guy playing John Connor wasn't very good. Even J.K. Simmons felt like he was phoning it in, as if he were playing some aw shucks, cheesy good guy cop from a Disney movie. The fact that the "surprise" villain was shown in trailers and on the poster for the movie didn't help things.

And one of the biggest surprises to me was the generally happy, optimistic tone of the whole thing. That is in direct opposition to the Cameron Terminator films, where you are always a bit on edge, even when you realize, as with T2, that you're watching a major Hollywood blockbuster that won't end as bleakly as it otherwise might. But the jokes weren't gallows humor. They were generic, Die Hard 8 or whatever type jokes, that A) weren't very funny; B) weren't very believable for those situations (as the ones in Aliens were for example); and C) made the audience realize there were no real stakes here. It was taking the little comedic tidbits from T2 and really expanding on them in all the wrong ways. So of course, no one gets killed, and everyone is happy at the end, with Kyle, and Sarah, and old Man Terminator, and little John skipping off into the sunset. The reveal during the credits was cliche' as hell, and about as predictable as a Thanos teaser in a Marvel movie.

As I write this up, it makes me like the movie even less, but I'll leave my score as I wrote it :lol

So, few saving graces. It seems to have been made, as I have discussed many times in the past, for those with only a very vague understanding/knowledge of older films, but to be generic popcorn fare with no real substance or long-term value. Pretty much the definition of disposable entertainment. You get some enjoyment watching the crazy CG action, but then toss it into the waste bin of your brain when you're done. No real surprises here, however, and that's probably another reason why I don't rate it lower than I do.

Genisys was an embarrassment. It goes in the Die Hard 5, Indy 4 trash bin.

As to why do people care if they make another?.... well, for me personally, I hate to see something that was originally made with such care and creativity being regurgitated and destroyed for a simple cash-grab.

But it is something that Hollywood has always done.

Just saw this last night. Here is my review

Terminator: Genysis-5/10

I'm surprised. I give it a 6/10 (or maybe a 5.5) though I was quite thoroughly entertained when i saw it in the theater last year. I would have assumed that you'd score it much lower.

You're actually pretty spot on about the overall upbeat theme of the film and how that is contrary to the Cameron flicks. I was entertained by JK Simmons but yeah, he did come across as kind of a do-gooder cop from some Disney flick like Escape to Witch Mountain or something. :lol

Well, my rating scale is that a 5 is just dead average. And I think that is what this is. Compared to the Cameron films, as I said, it is really offensive, and probably gets a 2 or something. But compared to the full range of action movies out there? It's no Marvel Studios, Bourne, or James Bond movie of course. I thought it was better than the Expendables, or many DTV type films. About on par with Batman V Superman to be honest, trying best I can to take my evaluate a movie on its own merits as an action movie. Maybe just one tier lower than something like John Wick *runs away before the John Wick fans eat me alive*

Well, my rating scale is that a 5 is just dead average. And I think that is what this is. Compared to the Cameron films, as I said, it is really offensive, and probably gets a 2 or something. But compared to the full range of action movies out there? It's no Marvel Studios, Bourne, or James Bond movie of course. I thought it was better than the Expendables, or many DTV type films. About on par with Batman V Superman to be honest, trying best I can to take my evaluate a movie on its own merits as an action movie. Maybe just one tier lower than something like John Wick *runs away before the John Wick fans eat me alive*

:lol

Yeah, my mistake was watching Genisys right after watching the original Terminator. I still can't give it a proper rating because of that.

Come to think of it I prefer Genisys to Batman V Superman. What a sad indictment of what should have been a landmark movie. :(

Back