threezero is expanding the 1:6 GI JOE line for 2022!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they continue releasing a Joe followed by a member of Cobra. That way it never becomes one sided. I am looking forward to FireFly and Zartan the most of the announcements. I am really hoping for a Flint to. I like the Roadblock figure but like most people would prefer the original outfit look but will probably get him if his price is in line with the other releases.

I like the idea of changing back and forth from a Joe to a Cobra release too. I’ll be buying very few Joes but most anything Cobra.

Fuller reveal: Full Detail And Images For The G.I. Joe 1/6 Roadblock Figure From Threezero

Still has a few misses but I dig it enough to jump onboard. I knew with them not announcing anything sooner than now would put this further out for a release. Who knows, could come sooner. I think the first SE & SS came earlier than advertised.
--
threezero | G.I. JOE | 1/6 Roadblock

threezero is proud to present the next character from the G.I. Joe team, Marvin Hinton, who is also known as Roadblock! He first debuted in 1984. With his size and brawn, Roadblock is the heavy machine gunner in the team who can carry a M2 browning machine gun!

Standing at approximately 12” (30 cm) tall, the G.I. Joe 1/6 Roadblock collectible figure features our standard fully-articulated body with realistic seamless arms, fabric hand-tailored costuming and a high attention to detail. It presents a highly-accurate likeness to the character as portrayed on G.I. Joe comics. It comes with a full loadout of weapons including a pistol with holster, knife with sheath, a M2 browning heavy machine gun, grenades, smoke grenades, tripod and bullets.

Estimated Shipment: 4th Quarter 2022

FEATURES

* Officially licensed by Hasbro
* Approximately 12” tall (~30 cm)
* 22 points of articulation
* Detailed Roadblock head-sculpt
* Realistic seamless arms with soft PVC dermis

ACCESSORIES

* One (1) pistol with holster
* One (1) knife with sheath
* One (1) M2 browning heavy machine gun
* Four (4) grenades
* Seven (7) smoke grenades
* One (1) tripod
* One (1) row of bullets
* Four (4) pairs of Interchangeable hands: One (1) pair of fists with gloves, one (1) pair of gun-holding hands with gloves, one (1) pair of knife-holding hands with gloves, one (1) pair of relaxed hands with gloves

COSTUME

* Helmet with goggles
* Aviator sunglasses
* Sport t-shirt
* Tactical vest
* Fatigue pants
* Tactical boots
* Knee pads
* Utility belt with pouches
* Backpack with ammo box

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

The head sculpt looks too old like he's in his 60's.
I'm also not liking the rubber arms but I could live with it if the head looked better.
Mezco's Roadblock looks far better:
x800-11394.Jpg

He's looking pretty good but his undershirt could've/should've been camo at least. Not sure I'm feeling it enough to place an order.

--

It's the 1986 version with the .50 caliber instead of the classic 1984 version.
I understand that. Just stating how the 80s look would've been preferable to me and I probably would've put in an order had it at least been sort of a mix between the two with a camo undershirt instead of white. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a variant later. Though, I hope not every single release gets a variant

I understand that. Just stating how the 80s look would've been preferable to me and I probably would've put in an order had it at least been sort of a mix between the two with a camo undershirt instead of white. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a variant later. Though, I hope not every single release gets a variant
--

That is a major caveat/concern I have due to two precedents.

1. The BBTS exclusive version of Snake Eyes (in red) to tie with the Deadgame comic storyline.

2. The camouflage Storm Shadow that is a Diamond Comics/Diamond Distribution exclusive.

Based on these two precedents, I believe it's very likely/almost a sure bet that the 1984 iteration of Roadblock could very well be an exclusive variant.

I wouldn't be surprised if 3Z makes an exclusive version of a figure that'll only be available through their website.

In the end, it's about the $ for 3Z provided they continue to remain consistent in final production in hand design and quality with collectors continuing to buy/support the line.

I despise the exclusive distribution/offering route given how the GI JOE CLASSIFIED line is being handled, but that's a separate discussion in another thread.

Very well could be 2 versions of each character as stated above. I picked up the Storm Shadow Exclusive because I never got that version from Sideshow. I may still get the original as well. I have no interest in the red Snake Eyes but hope they do the commando version eventually as that's my favorite version. I could see Destro having the Chrome mask and a variant gold mask. I prefer no exclusives but they seem to be a driving force.

That Mezco looks good. I forgot they showed theirs already. Maybe that’s why 3zero went with V2 first.

Last edited:
That Mezco looks good. I forgot they showed theirs already. Maybe that’s why 3zero went with V2 first.

The Mezco one is 1:12 scale, I didn't want to mislead anyone in case they didn't know. And that speaks for just how bad the 1:6 Threezero looks, the head that's half the size looks more like the character.

Back