1/6 Threezero - G.I. Joe - Storm Shadow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful pic and awesome base Coco. How do you feel about the plastic/rubber chest, forearms and leg wraps? That's the main thing that's keeping me away from this figure.

Beautiful pic and awesome base Coco. How do you feel about the plastic/rubber chest, forearms and leg wraps? That's the main thing that's keeping me away from this figure.

Thanks! I like the plastic bits on this one. Typically I’d criticize any company for that design but it’s like my 3.75” figure from the 80’s got transformed into an adult collectible.

The two downsides for me on this one is there’s no ab, waist or torso articulation at all. I wish it allowed for at least some limited movement but there’s none. The other thing I wish they’d done was traditional ninja footwear instead of the funky shoes.

Overall a really cool looking figure on the shelf.

Thanks! I like the plastic bits on this one. Typically I’d criticize any company for that design but it’s like my 3.75” figure from the 80’s got transformed into an adult collectible.

The two downsides for me on this one is there’s no ab, waist or torso articulation at all. I wish it allowed for at least some limited movement but there’s none. The other thing I wish they’d done was traditional ninja footwear instead of the funky shoes.

Overall a really cool looking figure on the shelf.
Cool! Thanks for the review! Luckily both Storm Shadow and Snake eyes seem to be instock at most places so I have time to decide.

I'm thinking that if I get Snake Eyes, I may remove the robotic looking boots, shinguards and knee pads for some more military looking ones. That may help me with my issues on his look I think.

Last edited:
Picked up Tommy today. Such a great figure.

Here with Snake Eyes and the Commander

PXL_20220131_215606069.MP~2.jpg

Cool! Thanks for the review! Luckily both Storm Shadow and Snake eyes seem to be instock at most places so I have time to decide.

I'm thinking that if I get Snake Eyes, I may remove the robotic looking boots, shinguards and knee pads for some more military looking ones. That may help me with my issues on his look I think.
Sounds like you prefer the more Commando-look version of Snake Eyes...which is probably a future release.

I thought the same thing about SE and SS for that matter but once I got them in hand everything just looked so cool that I decided not to mod anything.

Sounds like you prefer the more Commando-look version of Snake Eyes...which is probably a future release.
I do and I'm hopeful for a 3Z version down the line, but would like to try to support the line so I'll get this one as well. I like him all kitted up in military gear, though, more than a ninja look. Sort of like the Sideshow and Timber statue set from ages ago.
I thought the same thing about SE and SS for that matter but once I got them in hand everything just looked so cool that I decided not to mod anything.
I'm pretty sure that will happen to me as well :lol I usually have ideas on what to change on figures before hand then decide otherwise (sometimes) when I finally pop them open. I thought I was going to mod Endgame Cap, but once I got him, he looked way better in hand and decided to just leave as is.

Total conjecture/speculation, but I wonder if 3Z could be quietly partnering with PHICEN/TBLeague for the 1:6 female characters if they're going to utilize female seamless bodies and PHICEN/TBLeague is the default go to brand/manufacturer for anything female seamless.

Total conjecture/speculation, but I wonder if 3Z could be quietly partnering with PHICEN/TBLeague for the 1:6 female characters if they're going to utilize female seamless bodies and PHICEN/TBLeague is the default go to brand/manufacturer for anything female seamless.
Always a good idea (except for a price hike) to involve TBLeague, but....do we really need a seamless female body? Lady Jaye has exposed arms, Zarana is the most exposed female..(?) I always laugh at the individuals who as soon as they receive a figure, they upgrade the body to TBLeague even if the figure is in a full suit. Must be nice to have an Amazon warehouse in your basement full of these just ready for use.

Must be nice to have an Amazon warehouse in your basement full of these just ready for use.
--

Who told you about my 1:6 hoard/stash in my basement?

;) :p

I'm not of the mindset everything 1:6 female must be seamless. Others exhibit that rampant pathos. Not me.

I'm confident I'll be buying significant multiples of all the female characters and mount their head sculpts onto matching seamless bodies and display them wearing an assortment of naughty skimpy attire that'll get me permanently banned from CF if and when I post such pictures.

An unrealized 1:6 diorama project involves Cover Girl, Lady Jaye, and Scarlett on the beach frolicking while The Baroness enjoys getting some sun wearing a skimpy tight black one piece with Destro (head sculpt mounted onto a muscular TBLeague male body) wearing speedos spying on the JOE ladies with binoculars.

I can’t really see a need for a Phicen/TBleague body for the females since 3Z has already developed their own female bodies. They haven’t developed any new body for the male characters, so I can’t see them going out of their way to work with someone else for the females. Roadblock and Storm Shadow are using the Rambo body without the Rambo torso and Snake Eyes is using the Daryl Dixon/Glenn Body. Lady Jaye will probably have the seamless arms, if not the whole body, from the Daenerys figure and other Joe/Cobra females will use something from other female characters in the 3Z catalog

Last edited:
I was under the impression that 3Z had a new female body for Cersei, the body they used for Daenerys is the same one they used for Ghost in the Shell I believe and that one is grossly undersized, it's almost a different scale. I'd rather they use a Phicen in that case, it would at least be in scale.

I was under the impression that 3Z had a new female body for Cersei, the body they used for Daenerys is the same one they used for Ghost in the Shell I believe and that one is grossly undersized, it's almost a different scale. I'd rather they use a Phicen in that case, it would at least be in scale.
I understand and I wasn't advocating for the Daenerys body- it doesn't look good and like you said, it's undersized. I'm just saying, they already have a handful of female bodies in their catalog that I don't see them working with TBLeague all of a sudden just for these. I do think Lady Jaye would benefit from the Athletic TBLeague body and even if 3Z doesn't go the route of partnering, I could see myself doing the swap anyway if they use fabric for the most part. It would be difficult to do a body swap if the torso of the figure is the soft rubber/plastic like Storm Shadow where only the armature is underneath the rubber and not an actual body.

Last edited:
Back