Hot Toys 1/6 Buzz Lightyear

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanJG1

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
“To Infinity.” – Buzz Lightyear
The long-awaited movie Lightyear has finally arrived! Disney and Pixar’s new animated sci-fi action-adventure reveals the origin story of Buzz Lightyear and followed him on his first test flight to explore new galaxies for Star Command to come in peace. As Buzz tries to find a way back home through space and time, he’s joined by a group of ambitious recruits and his charming robot companion cat, Sox.
To prepare your galactic adventure with our Star Commander, Hot Toys is delighted to unveil the latest 1/6th scale Space Ranger Alpha Buzz Lightyear collectible figure inspired by the movie Lightyear.
Meticulously crafted based on the appearance of Buzz Lightyear from the animation, the greatly detailed collectible figure features a newly developed head sculpt with separate rolling eyeballs features, beautiful recreation of the space ranger suit and badges with multiple layers of weathering effects, highly accurate weapons including laser gun, blade, blaster cannon, a pair of handcuffs and a dynamic figure stand.
The deluxe version exclusively includes Sox the robotic cat, Sox’s computer, also Buzz’s iconic wing pack and two styles of wings painted with metallic accent. Available in selected markets only.
Together with the Buzz Lightyear figure, you can go infinity and beyond!
Lightyear follows the legendary space ranger after he’s marooned on a hostile planet 4.2 million light-years from Earth alongside his commander and their crew. Complicating matters and threatening the mission is the arrival of Zurg, an imposing presence with an army of ruthless robots and a mysterious agenda.

Celebrating the official release of Lightyear, Hot Toys officially presents the 1/6th scale Space Ranger Alpha Buzz Lightyear collectible figure for your Pixar collection!

Skillfully crafted based on the appearance of Buzz Lightyear from Lightyear, the highly-accurate figure features a newly developed head sculpt with separate rolling eyeballs features, beautiful recreation of the space ranger suit and badges with multiple layers of weathering effects, Buzz signature weapons including laser gun, blade, blaster cannon, a pair of handcuffs and a dynamic figure stand. Available in selected markets only.

Add the Buzz Lightyear figure to go infinity and beyond!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS634
PRODUCT NAMESPACE RANGER ALPHA BUZZ LIGHTYEAR
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 29.5 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS0
SPECIAL FEATURESHEAD SCULPT EQUIPPED WITH SEPARATE ROLLING EYEBALLS FEATURES
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q3 – Q4, 2023
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale Space Ranger Alpha Buzz Lightyear Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Space Ranger Alpha Buzz Lightyear in Lightyear
- One (1) Buzz Lightyear head sculpt equipped with separate rolling eyeballs features
- Highly-accurate facial expression, and detailed skin texture
- Body with over 30 points of articulation
- Approximately 29.5 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of gloved interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of pistol holding hands
- One (1) karate moves right hand
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) newly crafted Buzz Lightyear suit with weathering effects and helmet cap

Weapons:
- One (1) blade
- One (1) laser gun
- One (1) blaster cannon (attachable to right forearm)

Accessories:
- One (1) pair of handcuffs
- A dynamic figure stand with movie logo and character nameplate

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2023

*Prototype shown is not final. Pending licensor approval
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

©
Disney/ Pixar
©
2022 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

LIGHTYEAR
SPACE RANGER ALPHA BUZZ LIGHTYEAR
1/6TH SCALE DELUXE COLLECTIBLE FIGURE

“To Infinity.” – Buzz Lightyear

The long-awaited movie Lightyear has finally arrived! Disney and Pixar’s new animated sci-fi action-adventure reveals the origin story of Buzz Lightyear and followed him on his first test flight to explore new galaxies for Star Command to come in peace. As Buzz tries to find a way back home through space and time, he’s joined by a group of ambitious recruits and his charming robot companion cat, Sox.

To prepare your galactic adventure with our Star Commander, Hot Toys is delighted to unveil the latest 1/6th scale Space Ranger Alpha Buzz Lightyear collectible figure inspired by the movie Lightyear.

Meticulously crafted based on the appearance of Buzz Lightyear from the animation, the greatly detailed collectible figure features a newly developed head sculpt with separate rolling eyeballs features, beautiful recreation of the space ranger suit and badges with multiple layers of weathering effects, highly accurate weapons including laser gun, blade, blaster cannon, a pair of handcuffs and a dynamic figure stand.

The deluxe version exclusively includes Sox the robotic cat, Sox’s computer, also Buzz’s iconic wing pack and two styles of wings painted with metallic accent. Available in selected markets only.

Together with the Buzz Lightyear figure, you can go infinity and beyond!
SPECIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CODEMMS635
PRODUCT NAMESPACE RANGER ALPHA BUZZ LIGHTYEAR
HEIGHTAPPROXIMATELY 29.5 CM TALL
POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS30
SPECIAL FEATURESWING PACK WITH INTERCHANGEABLE WINGS
PRODUCT RELEASE DATEAPPROXIMATELY Q3 – Q4, 2023
ARTISTS
The 1/6th scale Space Ranger Alpha Buzz Lightyear Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Space Ranger Alpha Buzz Lightyear in Lightyear
- One (1) Buzz Lightyear head sculpt equipped with separate rolling eyeballs features
- Highly-accurate facial expression, and detailed skin texture
- Body with over 30 points of articulation
- Approximately 29.5 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of gloved interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of pistol holding hands
- One (1) karate moves right hand
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) newly crafted Buzz Lightyear suit with weathering effects and helmet cap
- One (1) metallic colored wing pack with two (2) styles of interchangeable wings***

Weapons:
- One (1) blade
- One (1) laser gun
- One (1) blaster cannon (attachable to right forearm)

Accessories:
- One (1) Sox robotic cat***
- One (1) Sox’s computer***
- One (1) pair of handcuffs
- A dynamic figure stand with movie logo and character nameplate

***Exclusive to Deluxe Version

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2023

*Prototype shown is not final. Pending licensor approval
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

©
Disney/ Pixar
©
2022 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.
1655454318384.png
1655454347803.png
1655454367390.png
1655454384502.png

1655454400817.png
1655454416672.png
1655454440222.png
1655454460202.png
1655454471534.png
1655454490634.png
1655454510027.png
1655454523747.png
1655454539519.png
1655454554709.png
1655454569380.png
1655454589792.png
1655454602581.png
1655454623649.png
1655454639376.png
1655454655806.png
1655454699069.png

Last edited:
I'm buying, day one
Now I would love a great Woody to pair him up with but the Toyman's knockoff of PlayToy is not very convincing for me

Yeah, I'm all over this. I love the new suit design. I didn't think HT would make it, they don't really do Disney/Pixar characters that often.

I've thought about them making a Buzz figure, but I wanted them to give him an intricate, detailed suit. Like you typically expect. But I knew HT would match it to how he looked on screen as an actual toy.

So im glad its based on this new film where its as real as it could be, while still keeping that classic art style.

Like this figure can have all the weathering/battle damage with the paint scratched off and the armor showing under the paint, which the toy version would never have.

I've thought about them making a Buzz figure, but I wanted them to give him an intricate, detailed suit. Like you typically expect. But I knew HT would match it to how he looked on screen as an actual toy.

So im glad its based on this new film where its as real as it could be, while still keeping that classic art style.

Like this figure can have all the weathering/battle damage with the paint scratched off and the armor showing under the paint, which the toy version would never have.
Yeah that's what I've always wanted too. I'll probably pick this up, can see it being hard to come by after a while.

lightyear.JPG

I believe so, although from the trailers they don't look like they're a permanent part of his suit, so they might only be in the film briefly. I hope HT will include them. They have to!

I think 2 head sculpts is a must with this release. One with hair and the other with his hood.
I am sure Hot Toys will include the wings as well.

I don't think this is diecast cause they would've put that logo in the corner. This will be an entirely newly sculpted body, new everything. Price is gonna be bananas on the moon.

I could see this getting a Standard and Deluxe release. The standard with just the figure, maybe an unmasked head. The deluxe with the masked head and some swap out faceplates, unmasked head, rolling eyes, wing attachment, weapon attachments, cat bot, and a dio base with Zurg drone parts.

I had a shimmer of hope Hot Toys would make this. As with any announcement they do, I am skeptical until it actually goes up for order. I do think that this would sell very well.

Back