GI Joe RAH Haslab Skystriker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingmetal

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://hasbropulse.com/products/g-i-joe-skystriker$229.99 funding ends on 11:59 PM EST on 12/07/2021
Haslab Skystriker 001.jpg

Do you remember what it was like to sit in front of the TV and wait for G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero to come on after school? Or the pure unfiltered joy you got from hanging on to every mission? We do, and we want that for you. The Skystriker, o-ring Ace, and o-ring Wayne Ruthel aim to help you grab ahold of that feeling again. They’ll supply you with immediate out-the-box display possibilities that are sure to transport you back to the 1980s in style. Set your sights on all three unlocks and you’ve got a killer operation. Join us on this major mission by funding today!

Mission Dates

This HasLab begins on October 23rd and ends on December 7th (45 days after)

If funded, we will begin shipping in the Spring of 2023.
Throwback: the early 80s. The hair is high and so is the volume of the music coming out of the boombox speakers. You’ve just discovered the coolest cartoon ever made, G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero. You can’t get enough of it. Will the Joes finally be able to defeat Cobra once and for all?!? You’ll happily help the cause by setting up elaborate missions with your favorite action figures, played out in sandboxes, swimming pools, backyards, and bedrooms. The only thing missing from your epic adventures is the baddest combat jet known to any Joe: the Skystriker. It’s time to fulfill — or relive if you were one of the lucky ones — your childhood dreams.

That’s right. It’s the 21st century now and for G.I. Joe’s first ever HasLab we are bringing the afterburner-level heat and re-issuing the Skystriker with some awesome modern updates and incredible, exclusive unlocks. All to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero. Sure, the Skystriker has been done before (and it’s awesome every time) but never like this. Only with modern technology are we able evolve this classic combat jet by adding the most precise detail and design to bring it from the 80s to the FUTURE. Because the future is now.

The Skystriker isn’t the only incredible item you’ll be able to display in your G.I. Joe collection when you fund this HasLab. You’ll also get two o-ring figures with HasLab exclusive deco – Ace and Wayne Ruthel! The original fighter pilot, Ace, looks just as you remember him in a traditional deco scheme. And Wayne Ruthel has deco designed to call back to the original Skystriker packaging. If these two legendary action figures aren’t enough to blow your mind, we have even more to add!

You’ll be able to unlock up to 3 different tiers with even more exclusively decoed o-ring action figures and accessories, including Scarlett in a flight suit for the first time ever, Rip Cord in Night Force colors, and 2 Pit Crew members to man the runway vehicles. Fund this project today to start fighting for freedom wherever there’s trouble!

The Skystriker

• The Skystriker soars into action with over 200 deco ops!
  • You’ll immediately notice the quality of engineering, right down to the moveable joystick in the cockpit.
  • The cockpit isn’t the only feature to get an update. There are all new functioning landing levers, one for landing gear and one for wings, swappable black tail fins to match the packaging art, a useable tow hook, and multiple options for dog bone pins to customize weapon load out.
  • The sculptural integrity is miles ahead of previous Skystriker This combat jet is made to last.
  • It’s customizable! The Skystriker comes with different sets of high-quality decals. One set to look like the Skystriker we know and love, and one to look like an F-14 Tomcat! Plus, additional stickers of the pilot’s names to put on the window for that extra personalized touch. AND a second canopy to decorate the heck out of with all those stickers.
This is YOUR Skystriker; show the world.

The Accessories

• No combat jet can be ever ready without a re-fueler tank and ammo cart. With new deco and pit crew design, the re-fueler tank and ammo cart are prepared to aid the Skystriker on any missions.
  • Bring your G.I. Joe battle display to the next level with an arsenal of blast effects pieces and missiles. The showdown display possibilities are nearly endless.
  • Pose your favorite figures doing some maintenance work on the Skystriker with the included ladder and fuel tanks.
  • Pose the Skystriker at multiple death-defying angles with the jet stand and recreate scenes from G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero and your childhood.
The 3 3/4 – inch, O-Ring Figures

• The original combat pilot, the o-ring Ace action figure is here and reporting for duty in his original deco
  • Adding to the nostalgic, the o-ring Wayne Ruthel co-pilot action figure is included as an homage the character look inspired by the original art on the Skystriker
  • Plus, two fabric parachutes for all those “tossing out of the treehouse” needs

Last edited:
Very unexpected. Timing is horrible though with the Rancor Haslab running concurrently. They blew the Rancor presentation out of the water though. Full paint render, grey model in studio, tiers fully revealed, and even packaging mock up. That’s how you sell a Haslab! Plus the price is great for all that’s included. I honestly thought it would be more.

Timing is brutal for all the Haslab projects! There was a Transformers one recently, two Marvel Legends, and I think another Star Wars one this year not counting the Rancor. I can't imagine buying one let alone all of those and a troop builder in the Sentinel!

They really need to adjust how many of these they do within a year and how far spaced apart they do them!
At least the Skystriker is somewhat reasonably priced (I'd like it to be about $40 less without the stretch goals factored in) but having $230 within 45 days is just a no go for me.

I think keeping Haslabs quarterly would be more reasonable for folks that collect multiple lines. They seem to overlap and step over each other right now and I’d you collect multiple lines you may end up backing one and not the other, which is a fail for Hasbro as a whole. Spreading them out might mean overall higher sales.

Im disappointed this isnt an in-store release. This would have looked awesome on the shelves next to the HISS tanks and figures.

How big is this? It's weird that they don't have the measurements listed. It must be undersized.

It appears to be the same size as the original Skystriker, so 22.5" long x 21" wide (wings extended).
BTW, this cost $15 in 1983. :rotfl

It appears to be the same size as the original Skystriker, so 22.5" long x 21" wide (wings extended).
BTW, this cost $15 in 1983. :rotfl
That seems to be a pretty low down scumbag thing to do. Release something the same size as the earlier retail product and charge haslab prices for it.

I was suspicious when I didn't see them touting the measurements. Pass.

You can buy the original or even the 30th anniversary version for less than this. As nice as this looks, I would only buy it if it was under 100 and in stores.

That price for a 3 3/4" scale vehicle is ridiculous. When I first saw that, I thought it was for G.I. Joe Classified. Not to mention that type of jet is ancient history by modern military standards.

That price for a 3 3/4" scale vehicle is ridiculous. When I first saw that, I thought it was for G.I. Joe Classified. Not to mention that type of jet is ancient history by modern military standards.
Yeah the more I think about the price, the more I feel it's a rip-off. It should at least be about $100 less.
The Tomcat may be history but this is RAH, it doesn't follow reason, no pilot I've ever seen wears a high pressure suit to fly one, and the average soldier just can't put on a helmet, hop in, and fly one around (cartoon).

A bit on the high side, but the extras, cloth parachutes and separate landing/wing selections is nice.

Backed the 'Striker and the SE/SS pack. Hopefully the other figures are unlocked.

Hmm now weather to hold on the current retro's to send them packing.....

I can't believe I'm tempted to order multiple Skystrikers in order to change up the decals for each one and have one for Ace, one for Duke, Snake Eyes, etc., lol.

Strange that they don't include a set of decals for Scarlett considering she's one of the unlockables.

More O-ring Joes announced. :rock

Retro-00__scaled_800.jpg

Glad to see that they aren't shying away from the "A Real American Hero" moniker which they cowardly evaded for the current retro line:
Gotta get those, if they are actually available just like that, and not whatever the hell Hasbro was doing with Snake Eyes here:

F4928_PROD_GIJ_3_3Q_INCH_FIGURE_PACK_1_0009_1_Online_2000SQ_2000x.jpg

Though that's a lot of words/space in the yellow circle on the corner of Storm Shadow's card. Good lord.

Also, I like the ARAH motto, but don't you think "A Real Better Future Hero" rolls off the tongue a bit better? :D

I like how the elbows bend even further than the originals. The new o-rings will be silicone instead of rubber in order to last longer and I believe they also announced that they'll have softer plastic hands in order to prevent thumb breakage. This might be the best retro line yet.

Now why the hell does Hasbro keep printing the idiotic fake weathering on the Star Wars retro cards??

I actually had a Zartan figure in my office whose O-ring finally deteriorated and fell apart during the pandemic. Was a major disappointment since he is so hard to fix without destroying his upper body. . .still a mystery to me why his torso was glued together. . .

I actually had a Zartan figure in my office whose O-ring finally deteriorated and fell apart during the pandemic. Was a major disappointment since he is so hard to fix without destroying his upper body. . .still a mystery to me why his torso was glued together. . .
As far as I understand it, that was because of the color-change plastic. It was a little softer and more prone to warping, which was also more likely as kids played with them in heat & cold, and outside on hot summer days specifically because of the color change ability. So Hasbro had the torsos sonic welded / glued at the factory. Zandar and Zarana were made the same way. If you are really careful, you can split apart the torso halves with an X-Acto knife to replace the O-Ring. I've had to do this with my Zandar and Zarana, though thankfully Zartan's original O-ring is still holding together.

As for the Haslab Skystriker, I'm in for one. I have an original that I restored last year, but I like the updated options and I do want to support the O-ring line. What I would REALLY like to see from Haslab in the future is something new, like the Cobra Aspid helicopter that made frequent appearances in the comic but never got a toy. I think it could be about the size of the Tomahawk and still have a decent price point.

As far as I understand it, that was because of the color-change plastic. It was a little softer and more prone to warping, which was also more likely as kids played with them in heat & cold, and outside on hot summer days specifically because of the color change ability. So Hasbro had the torsos sonic welded / glued at the factory. Zandar and Zarana were made the same way. If you are really careful, you can split apart the torso halves with an X-Acto knife to replace the O-Ring. I've had to do this with my Zandar and Zarana, though thankfully Zartan's original O-ring is still holding together.
Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. I tried using an exacto once years ago and it was an imperfect solution. My posting this got me to investigate it a bit, and one guy on Youtube has had success just using pliers, which works because the plastic is so flexible. Think I'll try this tonight. Will need to dig into storage to find my bag-o replacement O-rings.

Back