1/6 Threezero - G.I. Joe - Storm Shadow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I'm hopeful for more characters, but not expecting more than what we've seen. As cool as these look and how nice the prices are, I just can't get past all the plastic being used en lieu of real fabric elements. I'm guessing it helps to keep cost down, but it's something I really like about my Sideshow versions and why I haven't jumped in on this line. I've just been getting parts to put with my Sideshow figures. I'd probably get a Baroness if they made her since the Sideshow one goes for so much these days as well as any other female Joes since SS never made a Lady Jaye or Scarlette.
The plastic elements work well, I must say. It improves on the torso portion of the figure which I think would be just dull. This is by far my favorite Storm Shadow compared to the 2 Sideshow versions I own.

The plastic elements work well, I must say. It improves on the torso portion of the figure which I think would be just dull. This is by far my favorite Storm Shadow compared to the 2 Sideshow versions I own.
For sure. I'm not saying the plastic elements are bad. It's just not for me. If they wanted the muscle look on the chest, they could've did what HT has done with the Affleck batman figures and made the torso muscles part of the fabric suit instead of going for plastic. I also think the forearm and lower leg sleeves could've looked just as good in fabric like they're molded to be instead of plastic. But again, I'm not trying to say one is better over the other, just my own personal preferences and why I haven't bought the figures.

I like this one aesthetically quite a bit, if not the threezero body. I've gotten more than a few Storm Shadow's over the years, and since he's my favorite Joe I've always tried to get a spare while the prices were reasonable for kitbashing while keeping a stock copy. I've made:

-Sideshow v1 with body replaced by phicen M32, removed the sleeves and replaced the baggy pants with 3rd party ones for a more accurate look
-Sideshow v2 camo with body replaced by phicen's slimmer M31 (he's not showing his arms as much and the slimmer torso helped make the fabric fit right), removed the vest for a more accurate look (kills me threezero is making the same mistake Sideshow did by not giving us a camo headsculpt. Two tries and this costume just refuses to be done right lol)
-The old Ninja Force Hall of Fame transplanted to the Sideshow v2 body with an SS black ninja head

I like this new threezero Storm Shadow, in its stock form, nearly as much as my retooled SS v1, so it's great. I did keep my tradition of getting two of these to try and kitbash the spare, and while Threezero made it extremely difficult and I had to do some X-Acto surgery on the plastic top to get it off, I did manage to put the outfit and head on a TBL M33. The only thing I so far haven't fixed are the hands which don't fit TBL pegs because threezero made the holes much larger than their Snake Eyes hands(which fit TBL pegs). The feet initially didn't fit because the foot pegs were too small, but a cross cut at the top fixed that and now they are fully maneuverable on the M33 pegs.

StormShadow001.jpg

With 3Z expanding on the line, I’m wondering if if should just go ahead and buy these and ditch my Sideshow figures 🤔 not fond of all the plastic being used but they do look cool

I went ahead and bought one on eBay at a good price after reading that they’ll be expanding the line. I wasn’t satisfied with what SS put out but this looks nice. I’m hoping Destro isn’t far behind. I’ll gladly build a Cobra collection if their quality and design holds up.

Gotta admit that as much as I love my commando looking Snake Eyes, the 3Z storm shadow and snake eyes look really awesome together

Awesome looking figure. Still haven’t decided if I want to get Snake Eyes yet. He looks a bit skinny next to SS in pics.

D91A9674-5CDC-45B5-9CAC-7C98978489E8.jpeg

Back