GI Joe RAH Haslab Skystriker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's see.

1. The Skystriker is overpriced. I picked up a bunch of the last re-issue of the Skystriker from years ago when it was sold on clearance. Hasbro could have re-issued it again possibly with a few tweaks at around the $49.99 USD to $99.99 USD price point, but it doesn't mean it'll sell.

2. The "O"-ring design is pure nostalgia sentiment and I get it, but I prefer the current 1:18 design function and aesthetics compared to the vintage "O"-ring.

3. Given the bitter and dismal sentiments as to how the CLASSIFIED line is handled distribution and exclusivity wise with Target along with the mediocre reception by some of the "retro" 1:18 offerings, it reeks of simple piss poor marketing and focus.

Yes it is overpriced but this is not a re-release. It's a completely new mold and the only Skystriker to have ever been designed in conjunction with Northrop Grumman to make the most accurate F-14 Tomcat toy in the line.

Included with its many accessories are two sets of tails; white to match the original toy and black to match the cartoon and box art.

I can't freaking wait for this. :rock

Yes it is overpriced but this is not a re-release. It's a completely new mold and the only Skystriker to have ever been designed in conjunction with Northrop Grumman to make the most accurate F-14 Tomcat toy in the line.

Included with its many accessories are two sets of tails; white to match the original toy and black to match the cartoon and box art.

--

For clarity, I am not disparaging anyone who is willing to spend that kind of $ for it. If so, then more power and enjoyment to them.

God forbid if 1:6 figures start to actively get designed in conjunction with real life operators, outfit brands, and weapons manufacturers just for the authenticity factor so we can start paying $499.99 USD and up for a single boxed figure.

They didn't need the work with the original manufacturer when the low level of detail a toy needs is freely available by just a goggle search. That's just marketing bs.

It's possible they needed Northrup-Grumman's license to make it. They didn't necessarily need it back in the early 80's, that might've change since then and Hasbro doesn't want any legal trouble.

There doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm here based on the post number. I don't collect GI Joe but if this was 30 inches or more I would have backed it.

I have the original skystriker and I love it. As much as I'd like to back this new version, it's just too much money

It's over-priced (like most everything else). I don't see it getting backed considering it's 4,000+ backers behind. It would of been backed already if there was genuine interest for it and it doesn't help that Joe collectors are mostly cheap wads when it comes to buying the brand in general.

It's over-priced (like most everything else). I don't see it getting backed considering it's 4,000+ backers behind. It would of been backed already if there was genuine interest for it and it doesn't help that Joe collectors are mostly cheap wads when it comes to buying the brand in general.
These things tend to pick up steam at the end so we will see.

These things tend to pick up steam at the end so we will see.
Yeah, I don't see that happening this time. 4,000 more coming in? highly unlikely. They picked a bad time to be doing Hasblab kickstarters especially running 3 of them at the same time, then with Christmas right around the corner. You probably will say the same thing about the rip-off Rancor too.

Any of the projects alone would have funded no problem. Putting three of them up together and right after the Christmas season begins was just poor planning. I’d probably have backed them all if done sequentially rather than concurrent so the Rancor got my vote, although that seems the least likely to happen. I would agree we can’t bank on the last minute backer rush pushing these through this time with divided interests competing for our money.

Very bad planning on Hasbro's part. I'm still amazed that the Proton Pack funded, without an Alice frame and the Neutrino Wand is sold separately. At least the hose got unlocked, would've sucked for those that had the pack and wand but no way to connect them. :lol
There is a surge at the end of these crowd funding campaigns, but this doesn't look like it'll fund with how low it is.

I do find myself looking at it on the haslab site but seriously nothing compelling enough for me to pull the trigger for considering the original and reissues can be found for less.

Wow they just added three Cobra figures to the base tier plus a set of Cobra decals.

lighter

lighter

lighter

lighter

https://hasbropulse.com/collections...qq9_kn88jked0VC0g_c2YRoZf0nntTMiczyM44M35m2c0

All right I officially backed this sucker so here's hoping that it crosses the finish line and hits at least a couple of those tiers! :pray:

A couple extra tidbits just revealed:

1. It will come with two clear canopies. One with Ace and Wayne Ruthel's names printed on it (for those terrified of misaligning the decals) and then another blank one that you can choose which names to add to.

2. Ripcord's card will have a Night Force logo on it.

3. Apparently several new separate O-Ring figures will be announced this year.

4. Nothing is off the table for future releases and they have a specific sequence in mind as far as what to release when. (Hint hint we aren't gonna release the Flagg in a vacuum we're gonna give you all the stuff to put on it THEN the Flagg.) That wasn't stated outright though so could be wishful thinking on my part.

Last edited:
Okay so not a lot of Sideshow/HT collectors who are into 3.75 inch Joes I guess. :lol

But this thing is *moving!* :rock

EDIT: Up to 9,521 with 11 hours to go. :yess:

Last edited:
I saw that, as well. Great news. I have been a bit on the fence with this since the announcement of three additional figures, but I really don't have the space or need for something like this. I may fix up my vintage Skystriker instead at some point.

2. Ripcord's card will have a Night Force logo on it.
I thought Ripcord was only going to happen if they reached 16000, which is a pipe dream. Am I missing something?

Back