threezero is expanding the 1:6 GI JOE line for 2022!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaForceChung

BANNED
Reaction score
See subject.

https://www.threezerohk.com/g-i-joe/
“Wherever there’s trouble, G.I. Joe is there!” G.I. Joe is well known as a team of elite and mysterious heroes who have dedicated their lives to saving the world from Cobra, a ruthless criminal organization bent on global domination.

Due to huge fan interest, threezero and Hasbro are delighted to announce that we are continuing the expansion of our 1/6 scale G.I. Joe collection throughout 2022 in part a celebration of the original toy’s 40th Anniversary! This series of fully-articulated collectible figures are redesigned by threezero creative team as inspired by Hasbro’s classic G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero action figures from the 1980s and 1990s.

The goal of threezero’s design and engineer teams have been to retain the original retro look while incorporating modern design elements in the costume, form, head sculpts, and equipment to offer a contemporary new presentation of the familiar characters you know and love.

The next characters in our line-up include Roadblock, Lady Jaye, Scarlett, and Duke from Team Joe.

Of course, we have not forgotten the ruthless Cobra organization, and you can look forward to Firefly, Baroness, and Destro who are also in development!

Thank you for your interest and support in this new series, and make sure to reserve enough space on your display for your flourishing G.I. Joe collection!

1639918821033.png

1639918841362.png

1639918860328.png

1639918874564.png

1639918887804.png

I'm excited and surprised by the announcement.

Granted, the characters so far are primarily "repeats" of the same ones produced by Sideshow, but Lady Jaye, Roadblock, and Scarlett hold the most anticipation for me. I'm definitely looking forward to threezero's take on Firefly and The Baroness.

My only concern is hopefully production design and quality is consistent.

It's been a very long time I felt such excitement about 1:6 figures from the GI JOE line. I hope the license remains strong and we'll see more characters that Sideshow never got around to doing.

I'm in for Lady Jaye, Roadblock and firefly based off those looks. I hope they get to Mutt and Junkyard and several other characters. The price point is affordable compared to other lines out there.

Figures, I just got my preorder Scarlett invoice. I had given up on getting licensed Joe females…

I'm in for Lady Jaye, Roadblock and firefly based off those looks. I hope they get to Mutt and Junkyard and several other characters. The price point is affordable compared to other lines out there.
I think you can expect that price point to increase....

Glad I was wrong about this line - I thought when they did 4 figures based on only 2 characters, I figured it was destined for ninja-only status. So happy to see the continuation!

I figure your right about the price increasing but I really like the Snake Eyes and I have Camo Storm Shadow on order and they look to be well made. I am not a fan of the boots but that is a minor quibble. Overall I am really happy they are doing the line.

Glad I was wrong about this line - I thought when they did 4 figures based on only 2 characters, I figured it was destined for ninja-only status. So happy to see the continuation!
--

Agreed.

While I hope the MSRP point remains consistent with what Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow cost, there is another factor.

threezero doing Previews exclusives like the camouflage Storm Shadow with exclusive Power Rangers figures (Ranger Slayer, etc.) and major retailer exclusives like the Dead Game Snake Eyes for BBTS.

I'm guessing we'll likely see "fractured" availability of certain characters from the line depending on the exclusive agreement(s) threezero may end up doing with Previews, BBTS, etc. where it could play out to be a similar situation like the CLASSIFIED line, but hopefully on a lesser and more manageable scale, but that remains to be seen.

I didn't bother with the BBTS exclusive Snake Eyes since (to me) it's Deadpool cosplaying as Snake Eyes or Snake Eyes cosplaying as Deadpool.

I thought 3Zero would just stick with a few of the masked characters and call it a day - on the one hand, I'm glad they're continuing the line but on the other hand, my wallet is not. :lol

I'm collecting both the ThreeZero and Super 7 Ultimate G.I. Joe figures so this is going to be expensive keeping up with both.

I like the 80s cartoon aesthetic of Super 7 but @$55 per figure is quite pricey considering it's only 7-inches, especially compared to how affordable the 1:6 ThreeZero figures are - better bang for your buck.

I am interested in Scarlett and Firefly. Sideshow didn’t perform well with their Firefly and they didn’t produce Scarlett at all. I’m fine if they don’t get to lower tier figures; I’ll customize them. I’m curious about Destro but I can wait for him.

I like the concept of Lady Jaye. I’m curious to see how Scarlett looks. Depending on how the GI Girls turn out I might be getting them

Also ThreeZero, stay away from troop builders for a while. So many individual characters left out of the Sideshow line because of troop builders. If you need to produce multiples of the same character, go for the special team versions like Tiger Force or Night Force.

I was disappointed with the aesthetic of the other ThreeZero figures, but am open to anything that really works, particularly Firefly from the announced figures.

Also ThreeZero, stay away from troop builders for a while. So many individual characters left out of the Sideshow line because of troop builders. If you need to produce multiples of the same character, go for the special team versions like Tiger Force or Night Force.
--

I disagree.

IMHO . . .

"Troop Builder" figures would apply for COBRA (i.e., COBRA Troopers, etc.). I want to see threezero produce 1:6 B.A.T.s and Iron Grenadiers along a redux of COBRA Troopers and Vipers if possible.

--

I disagree.

IMHO . . .

"Troop Builder" figures would apply for COBRA (i.e., COBRA Troopers, etc.). I want to see threezero produce 1:6 B.A.T.s and Iron Grenadiers along a redux of COBRA Troopers and Vipers if possible.
I guess that’s fair. If they do go for troop builders, just don’t go for endless variations. I don’t need a desert version of every troop. If it had a link to the ARAH line, like Python Patrol, I’m okay. I just don’t want to see figures in every color of the rainbow at the expense of a figure like Tunnel Rat or Recondo.

I'm very interested in Firefly and Lady Jaye. I'm hoping they don't over do it with the plastic overlay clothes and try to make both look realistic instead of cartoony. They're looking a little too stylized in the concept art.

I guess that’s fair. If they do go for troop builders, just don’t go for endless variations. I don’t need a desert version of every troop. If it had a link to the ARAH line, like Python Patrol, I’m okay. I just don’t want to see figures in every color of the rainbow at the expense of a figure like Tunnel Rat or Recondo.

--

Agreed.

The desert variations of the COBRA Sniper and Officer were a bit odd, but they were done (IMHO) as a counter force to the JOE's Dusty and desert environment diorama.

I'm very interested in Firefly and Lady Jaye. I'm hoping they don't over do it with the plastic overlay clothes and try to make both look realistic instead of cartoony. They're looking a little too stylized in the concept art.

--

A very valid concern and point, but we're only three figures into the line so far.

Optimistic… Ssc deaths was the dioramas and fact they didn’t pay attention to the line and focused on everything else… hope this continues ..

Optimistic… Ssc deaths was the dioramas and fact they didn’t pay attention to the line and focused on everything else… hope this continues ..
--

In retrospect, the line definitely could have been better managed by Sideshow.

The dioramas . . . you liked them or didn't.

I own all of the dioramas and I admit they complemented the figures, but focus was lost on the figures. More characters could have been made, but the opportunity was lost.

I hope threezero doesn't have the same mindset Sideshow did and if any of the idiots that bungled the license at Sideshow are still there and trying to influence threezero . . . I hope threezero ignores them.

--

In retrospect, the line definitely could have been better managed by Sideshow.

The dioramas . . . you liked them or didn't.

I own all of the dioramas and I admit they complemented the figures, but focus was lost on the figures. More characters could have been made, but the opportunity was lost.

I hope threezero doesn't have the same mindset Sideshow did and if any of the idiots that bungled the license at Sideshow are still there and trying to influence threezero . . . I hope threezero ignores them.
Spot on.. some didn’t like the interpretations ssc did, I didn’t mind them and momentum was there as ultimately they did do a nice array of characters. There is a opportunity here for 3zero and as you put hopefully they don’t bungle it..

Back