Hot Toys 1/6 Buzz Lightyear

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great review! I actually think if they took the Buzz Lightyear aspect out of the film… it would have been a decent Pixar science fiction film. Regardless this one is a must have for me.
I’m inclined to agree. My personal thoughts were that it was a very decent movie, but not exactly what I would have wanted out of a Buzz Lightyear movie.

Haven't seen the film yet but that was my assumption. a film that gets overly bashed because it wasn't the Buzz movie folk wanted and probably not what we imagine would inspire Andy to be a fan. In reality, as a kid I desperately wanted figures from Alien and Predator. They were in toy stores, kids loved them! but they were based on R-rated horror movies that kids weren't supposed to watch and had very serious adult themes/tones. Even with the current Lightyear movie not exactly being what kids would love the toys were being bought (not selling quite as well as disney hoped but they do sell) and the toy line was actually quite extensive for a single movie tie in. I can see Andy in the fictional Toy Story world loving the toy based on figure appearance alone so I have no problem with the lightyear movie being not what folk expected. As for whether I will enjoy the film myself I have yet to find out but I love the toys so far.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/204102

Lightyear Space Ranger Gear XI-01 Buzz Lightyear Figure
BY MATTEL - BRANDS DISNEY, PIXAR
IN STOCK - $24.99 MSRP
SALE - $6.99
SAVE - 72%

Product Features
11.6 inches (29.46cm)
14 Movable joints
Helmet
Chest protector
Laser Blade DX
Utility belt
Wrist communicator
Space boots

For those who want an extra Lightyear 1/6th figure to mess around with, paint, customize, etc without too much risk, along with your Hot Toys one, then BBTS has the Buzz with detachable armor/suit for 6.99 right now.

Obviously nowhere as nice and detailed as the Hot Toys. But options right? Up to all of you. Good hunting.

Still hoping a third party will make a Buzz head sculpt showing his hair for this figure. The only issue is that I don’t have mine in hand yet so I am not sure how easily the original head can be removed.

Figure surprised me how great it is.
IMG_3464.jpeg

1000124139.jpg

I downloaded this pic (left) from Pixar's website so I'm not sure if those decals on that HT figure's thighs and shins are accurate or not. Have to check stills from the movie. But I think apart from the headsculpt and those decals every thing is on point. He looks good. Thoughts guys?

View attachment 694402

I downloaded this pic (left) from Pixar's website so I'm not sure if those decals on that HT figure's thighs and shins are accurate or not. Have to check stills from the movie. But I think apart from the headsculpt and those decals every thing is on point. He looks good. Thoughts guys?
I think the Hot Toys looks decent. I'm going with the Gong X Pop Mart version though. Not 1/6 scale but seems superior in every way, especially in the engineering of the functional elements.

I think the Hot Toys looks decent. I'm going with the Gong X Pop Mart version though. Not 1/6 scale but seems superior in every way, especially in the engineering of the functional elements.
Yes I have already been praising that XL-15 one in the other group buddy 😂 that's insane, literally. Really wish they do make the "real" suit we got to see at the end.

Last edited:
Back