threezero is expanding the 1:6 GI JOE line for 2022!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta admit, after looking over my old SS figures last night, even though I've upgraded the bodies and such, there is a dated feel to them, at least the Joes. My Destro that I ported over to a ganghood body looks pretty solid s well as my Zartan that's on an ArtFigures body and V2 Cobra Commander that's on a JXToys body. But my Joes look a little passed due :monkey2 I really hope that this line does well enough for 3Z to get to Flint who's my favorite Joe.
Definitely hope that 3Z make a Flint as the Sideshow one was terrible. I could never bring myself to spend $120 on it back in the day because it looked so bad to me. I owned a dozen of the Sideshow figures and enjoyed them (still have 4 of them) but that Flint figure was brutal IMO.

Definitely hope that 3Z make a Flint as the Sideshow one was terrible. I could never bring myself to spend $120 on it back in the day because it looked so bad to me. I owned a dozen of the Sideshow figures and enjoyed them (still have 4 of them) but that Flint figure was brutal IMO.
Yea, admittedly even though I have Flint, he is the weakest of the Joes that I have, which was the real deciding factor on letting go of most of my figures in favor of the 3Z ones along with Coco’s very clean and crip pics. Very little detail on the headsculpt, with not the best likeness to neither the card art or the cartoon and pretty plain paint apps. I also wish he had a flocked beret like some of the other Joes have. Had to pick up a Rock n Roll one and make my own patch for it.

The head sculpts on the original first few was pretty bad… hope they essentially redo them all accept maybe rock n roll and few cobras now

I’d like to see ThreeZero’s take on the Commander but I do really like SS’s. I just got this one last week. We’ll see what a body swap does for it.

0C47B45A-3095-4AF2-AEF6-10E9204B5D30.jpeg

That's a very cool velvet carpet looking base!

I've officially ordered the Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow for $280 which isn't bad considering that's the price of one Hot Toys these days. Going to see what the real metal swords from the SS V2 Storm Shadow look like in the hands of the 3Z when they come in.

I'm tossing and turning over with SS to get. I have the camo on order but the first (original) version looks good too!

I'm tossing and turning over with SS to get. I have the camo on order but the first (original) version looks good too!
Don't lose too much sleep, because I'm sure there will be another version around the corner.

For me it was a no-brainer to go with the 3Z original because Sideshow's first SS was so weak. Needed a replacement, badly.

Camo one looks good, but I will save that money for a different figure.

I could be wrong, but . . .

If anyone is still holding off on buying Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow, make a decision.

I suspect scalping prices are already looming for the two.

In reading some of the replies within the thread, it's interesting how there are those who are now dismissive and eager to part ways with the Sideshow figures.

No.

Not all of the Sideshow figures were great/superb, but for the time many of us liked them enough.

I believe there are those of us hedging bets on 3Z based on the merits and strengths of Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and the announcement of what's to come.

However, my only caveat with that is it's still an unknown if the final production design and quality will remain consistent. There is zero guarantee of that. We've all seen 3Z disappoint and fail with figures from their licensed line in varying degrees.

Also, the spark of ditching the Sideshow figures IMHO comes across as being hasty in anticipation of what 3Z is supposedly going to do.

Personally speaking, I'm not going to ditch the Sideshow figures I collected faults and all, but that's just me.

Idk, I liked my Sideshow figures well enough. Though, there's no denying that the bodies at the very least on the original Sideshow figures are pretty bad, especially the gummy knees on a few releases due tot he soft plastic ratches being used in the joints. If I recall, even back then, that was a regular gripe with the figures. On the same side, they were pretty nice for the time with a good amount of accessories for each character. I was late to collecting them and knew full well what I was getting into with the line and had the intent on customizing them to suit my person preference from the get go.

However, if anyone was only holding onto Sideshow ones b/c that's all that was available until now, but were otherwise unhappy with the overall interpretation of those figures, there's nothing wrong with wanting to ditch the Sideshow figures and replace with the 3Z figures. I'll be keeping Timber, and a few accessories from other releases and selling the parts I don't want. If it turns out that 3Z abandons the line, then I think I'll be fine with selling any Joes I have at that time and just do without them represented in my collection.

If it turns out that 3Z abandons the line, then I think I'll be fine with selling any Joes I have at that time and just do without them represented in my collection.
--

I "get it", but for me being a 1:6 GI JOE collector I disagree. I prefer to keep them and if and when the opportunity exists for me to customize / kit bash / replace with a version superior to the Sideshow version, then I may consider parting with one or more.

The 3Z Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are very good, but I'm still sentimental to the Sideshow versions for the time being and will keep them. No different than owning multiple versions of the same characters in 3.75" and 1:18 scale.

--

I "get it", but for me being a 1:6 GI JOE collector I disagree. I prefer to keep them and if and when the opportunity exists for me to customize / kit bash / replace with a version superior to the Sideshow version, then I may consider parting with one or more.

The 3Z Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are very good, but I'm still sentimental to the Sideshow versions for the time being and will keep them. No different than owning multiple versions of the same characters in 3.75" and 1:18 scale.
That’s understandable especially if you you don’t mind having multiple interpretations of the character in your collection. For me, I try to have a one and done rule with the exception of Superman and now Iron Man. Like if 3Z eventually makes a Commando Snake eyes, which is my preferred look for the character, then I’ll sell the V1. Right now, the only original SSC versions I’m keeping are Cobra Commander V2, Zartan and Destro. The 3Z versions (if they get to them) would have to blow me away to let go of those ones. Oddly, I prefer the Joes over Cobra when it comes to which group I like more, but I felt SSC did a better job with the Cobra characters than the Joes. That’s why it’s easier to let the Joes go than my Cobra figures.

I have the 3z coming… if they are that much better then the Ss versions then I’ll move the ones I have from SS like storm shadow and snake eyes … I would never get rid of the others until there is a upgrade available

how many people ditched their SS Star Wars figures for the Hot toys version ? I know I did for all of them

I have the 3z coming… if they are that much better then the Ss versions then I’ll move the ones I have from SS like storm shadow and snake eyes … I would never get rid of the others until there is a upgrade available

how many people ditched their SS Star Wars figures for the Hot toys version ? I know I did for all of them
As I mentioned in the other thread, as someone who was really about keeping my SS versions, especially when the 3Z figures were announced, I was pleasantly surprised. I was nervous up until opening them that it was going to be a waste of money, but now I will be letting go of my Sideshow Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow figures. Only issue I have is that the wristpegs on the hands of my Snake Eyes were already cracked so when I tried to swap out the relaxed hands, the pegs broke, and it was a heck of a chore getting the pieces out of the hand.

Also, 3Z includes a 1-year warranty paper inside that you can fill out and email to them which I don't think anyone has mentioned before. I will definitely be doing that as you never know what can happen. Whether or not they would honor the warranty in a year's time, who knows? But it doesn't hurt.

Last edited:
So just got these the SS and SE, only opened SS… I like them especially at this price point … looking to see how far they take this line… won’t be selling off my sideshow one just yet ;)

Just opened SE…. While I much prefer this version design wise for both releases so far… something feel cheap :(
Don’t see the overall quality changing and I can live with that … what I want is a strong line up.. that would get into the like of Snow job, wet suit etc..

Last edited:
Bring on DESTRO! Whoever is designing these things at Threezero deserves a medal. Best bang for the buck in the 1/6 world at the moment IMHO.

View attachment 558485
True...although 3Z is being a little slow on the reveals; it's nearly March 1st. At this rate, we may not get any others from this line in-hand the rest of this year.

Back