threezero is expanding the 1:6 GI JOE line for 2022!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They started out at $145 which was awesome. I thought they looked a little cheap in pics too but once I got them on the shelf that all went away. It’s like taking the 3.75” figures and magically turning them into 12” figures that look like my kid mind pictured them to be. 😁

View attachment 570260
View attachment 570261
That's awesome that you like them! Stormshadow definitely looks the best and your bases as usual bring so much more to these figures. What's the maximum amount of figures you could make one base for?

--

I'm not put off by the figure's design, but surprised by the choice of weaponry. I truly hoped they would use the same sub-machine gun as the first/original 3.75" figure, but then again it's modern aesthetics.
That was a nice touch from Sideshow for some of their characters: giving them their '80's weapons as a bonus on the side. I think they did that for Stalker and the Vipers if memory serves. Personally, I'm all about evolving over time so any GOOD update is fine by me. Probably why I would never go for a Blowtorch today - flamethrowers have been over for a long time.

That was a nice touch from Sideshow for some of their characters: giving them their '80's weapons as a bonus on the side. I think they did that for Stalker and the Vipers if memory serves. Personally, I'm all about evolving over time so any GOOD update is fine by me. Probably why I would never go for a Blowtorch today - flamethrowers have been over for a long time.
--

I don't know.

IIRC, there were only three "flamethrower" characters/figures produced from the 3.75" line.

JOEs

Blowtorch
Charbroil

COBRA

HEAT Viper

"IF" Blowtorch gets the 1:6 treatment, it'll be a "guilty pleasure" figure no more no less based on its original design with some nuanced modernization.

100% guaranteed Charbroil will not be considered for the 1:6 treatment.

Very questionable for HEAT Viper as well.

Personally speaking, I wouldn't mind Blowtorch. He could end up being a limited edition exclusive instead of a regular release.

--

I don't know.

IIRC, there were only three "flamethrower" characters/figures produced from the 3.75" line.

JOEs

Blowtorch
Charbroil

COBRA

HEAT Viper

"IF" Blowtorch gets the 1:6 treatment, it'll be a "guilty pleasure" figure no more no less based on its original design with some nuanced modernization.

Personally speaking, I wouldn't mind Blowtorch. He could end up being a limited edition exclusive instead of a regular release.
I guess Star Wars employs flamethrowers, why not G.I. Joe, :ROFLMAO:

Star Wars ignores a lot of intelligent military maneuvering in favor of entertainment value...so why not.

As someone said… i still prefer the SSC versions… more weapons, like the cloth… my hope for this line is they turn out some obscure characters to complete the collection even move.

i like the road block design… but him next to rock n roll… you can see the difference instantly.

Only real cheapness I've found with these figures are the packaging honestly. No slots for at least the hands to be stored on Snake eyes is a bit of an annoyance. Having those thing just sealed in a bag taped to the underside of the tray is annoying as I don't like having stuff rattling around in a box. I like all items to be stored securely. I don't too much mind not having a base included as I tend to replace those somehow anyway. From promo pics, the soft plastic/rubber was an initial concern of mine, but having them in hand, that pretty much goes away. To me, pretty much all my SS figures look pretty dated now with the exception of Cobra Commander V2.

WOW! This is looking like a definite purchase! Hoping Lady Jay and Baroness get revealed soon.

Last edited:
Glad to see Firefly. I might have to go back and pick up a couple of these. While I like the (close-to) original weapons, I can't wait to update this guy with some modern firepower!

I agree with Chung’s assessment of Firefly. The other parts might be usable with significant work.
--

Why that's the nicest compliment/reply I received from you.

Aw, shucks.

I feel so euphoric right now like farting and sneezing at the same time.

;) :p

I figured you would respond with other parts needing some major modifications knowing your modus operandi.

;)

That new Firefly is looking gorgeous. Hopefully there's more fabric and less rubber as it would look more lifelike. Can't wait to see Baroness and she better be stunning too. Great job Three Zero and you're improving on the Joes. I was underwhelmed with Roadblock. Too short but a decent attempt. Storm Shadow was awesome except for the rubber chest piece but still cool

--

Why that's the nicest compliment/reply I received from you.

Aw, shucks.

I feel so euphoric right now like farting and sneezing at the same time.

;) :p

I figured you would respond with other parts needing some major modifications knowing your modus operandi.

;)
You know me too well!

I know the announcement for Firefly is fairly new and after checking their website, I didn't see a possible PO date. Anyone have any idea?

--

I don't know.

JOEs

Blowtorch
Charbroil

COBRA

HEAT Viper

Missed Drednok Torch. He’s most likely to get produced out of all the flame thrower figures.

Missed Drednok Torch. He’s most likely to get produced out of all the flame thrower figures.
--

A valid point and omission on my part because Torch is a Dreadnok. I overlooked him.

If he gets produced by threezero, he better be in a three-pack Dreadnoks set with Buzzer and Ripper. The original three Dreadnoks. The others that followed later on like Monkeywrench, Road Pig, etc. can be individual figures.

I know the announcement for Firefly is fairly new and after checking their website, I didn't see a possible PO date. Anyone have any idea?
--

No clue.

I checked their Facebook page and website daily for any news/updates.

When they announced/unveiled Roadblock with all the details and pictures, it was about a week or so after the teaser picture.

No guarantee it'll follow the same time frame pattern, but who knows?

Snow Job, Alpine, Wet Suit… keeping my expectations low
--

Maybe this JOE?

1649293376257.png

Back