Hot Toys 1/6 Buzz Lightyear

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like the look of that Gong figure, for sure... but Sideshow got my FOMO again with the "Almost Gone" tag
and I pre-ordered the Hot Toys DX Buzz just now.

Don't want to chance waitlist on him, as I am pretty sure he will be a more limited run figure.

71+aDn48BXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71W-k-YR3DL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I picked up the Mattel version of 12 inch Lightyear for 8 bucks plus tax. Mine certainly won't be as nice as the HT one, and it won't have the jetpack and clear visor covering, but I just can't move 350 for a set these days. It's a beautiful set though. I'll just weather and paint mine and see if some other 12 inch set might have a jetpack that will work.

Hope no one minds that I post in this thread, as there's not really a 12 inch general Lightyear thread that I can find elsewhere.

I picked up the XL-15 12 inch Lightyear with the removable armor and helmet. The cool part is if you want to just do some random Sci-Fi customs, the space helmet and rig is pretty invaluable ( no one really makes a cost effective mass produced space helmet out there, not really) And instead of getting a dremel and angle grinder out, the removable kit is a headache saver. The durability is pretty good, the quality is pretty good for a mass retail set and it has 14 points of articulation.

Certainly it won't be as cool as the HT version, but the value/fun factor is there. With some customizing, weathering and some work put in it, I think it could be pretty awesome.

HT have almost caught up to their original release dates which is crazy when you think about how far behind they were a year ago and the original release was q3-4 this year so I would say possibly Dec-Jan.

HT have almost caught up to their original release dates which is crazy when you think about how far behind they were a year ago and the original release was q3-4 this year so I would say possibly Dec-Jan.
Thanks brother

Hope no one minds that I post in this thread, as there's not really a 12 inch general Lightyear thread that I can find elsewhere.

I picked up the XL-15 12 inch Lightyear with the removable armor and helmet. The cool part is if you want to just do some random Sci-Fi customs, the space helmet and rig is pretty invaluable ( no one really makes a cost effective mass produced space helmet out there, not really) And instead of getting a dremel and angle grinder out, the removable kit is a headache saver. The durability is pretty good, the quality is pretty good for a mass retail set and it has 14 points of articulation.

Certainly it won't be as cool as the HT version, but the value/fun factor is there. With some customizing, weathering and some work put in it, I think it could be pretty awesome.

I apologize for getting so far off topic, but there is actually a very cheap astronaut 12" figure that has a pretty decent helmet and basic, removable flight suit. I bought him years ago for my son for some crazy low price- and he is still on amazon for approx $20. Just look for "Click N Play 12" Astronaut Action Figure Space Exploration Playset with Accessories". The helmet is a different design than Buzz, but still a pretty good (inexpensive) base for customizing...

I apologize for getting so far off topic, but there is actually a very cheap astronaut 12" figure that has a pretty decent helmet and basic, removable flight suit. I bought him years ago for my son for some crazy low price- and he is still on amazon for approx $20. Just look for "Click N Play 12" Astronaut Action Figure Space Exploration Playset with Accessories". The helmet is a different design than Buzz, but still a pretty good (inexpensive) base for customizing...

Hey @Galacticat , I appreciate the heads up, I'll definitely check it out for sure.

Hey guys :) does anyone know about the wing pack having light-up feature or not?
Also, if the initial release window is passed on Sideshow and the figure is still not released, are you eligible to get your NRD back? I guess I read something like that on fb or somewhere here. Please let me know thank you.

Also, if the initial release window is passed on Sideshow and the figure is still not released, are you eligible to get your NRD back? I guess I read something like that on fb or somewhere here. Please let me know thank you.
Yes, if the release date gets delayed past the release window and Sideshow changes it then you can cancel your order and they will refund your NRD. When you cancel, it should show an alert that your NRD will be refunded before you confirm.

Yes, if the release date gets delayed past the release window and Sideshow changes it then you can cancel your order and they will refund your NRD. When you cancel, it should show an alert that your NRD will be refunded before you confirm.
Thanks a lot my friend for your detailed response 🙂 really appreciate it!

Just stumbled onto this thread as I'm not a Lightyear guy and ended up watching the whole custom Buzz video. Amazing work and stellar result!

Courtesy HT's Instagram.

Honestly, he looks great. But what's wrong with those Jetpack latches? And it's sad that those wings do not light up at all 😔

Attachments

• aybaig_d9b07f87e0f544d0867706e4587f87cd.mp4
    12.4 MB
Glad the hips appear to be plastic now instead of rubber.
Same only thing I wasn’t happy about was the rubber parts it would crack. Happy they changed!
While movie wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea, personally I enjoyed it very much and that’s such an unique figure and one of my fav characters! Can’t wait to him! Wish he came with extra sculpt without suit on tho, as he looks super cute with his hair out.

Back