1/6 Threezero - G.I. Joe - Storm Shadow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand and I wasn't advocating for the Daenerys body- it doesn't look good and like you said, it's undersized. I'm just saying, they already have a handful of female bodies in their catalog that I don't see them working with TBLeague all of a sudden just for these. I do think Lady Jaye would benefit from the Athletic TBLeague body and even if 3Z doesn't got the route of partnering, I could see myself doing the swap anyway if they use fabric for the most part. If would be difficult to do a body swap if the torso of the figure is the soft rubber/plastic like Storm Shadow where only the armature is underneath the rubber and not an actual body.
I missed the part where you mentioned the plural "bodies". I haven't been keeping that close of a eye on what 3Z has been up to but from my observations, they have at least two different female body types. I'm hoping the larger better scaled body they used on Cersei or a new body is what they use for the female Joes. I have a couple TBLeague figures, they're nice but I'll never have faith in the longevity of a rubber armature body. Or a figure with a rubber vest or straps for the matter. At least I can easily replace the body or vest, can't do the same if the entire figure is out of scale (like on my Motoko GITS figure)

Hasbro Pulse has him (and SE) on sale for $89.40 right now - 40% off. Good deal for anyone on the fence about these.

That did get me to pull the trigger on Storm Shadow. Already had Snake Eyes. Still on the fence about Roadblock but Firefly is a must.

cOtVkBi.jpg

Just got him and SE in from the Pulse sale, I think I like him better than Snake Eyes for now. Glad I got in on the sale since they were such good deals.

Is a body swap possible on this? I really hate the arms on this, really the only thing I hate on this and snake eyes are the arms, they don't bend as much as a TBLeague figure and it pisses me off when trying to pose it.

Is a body swap possible on this? I really hate the arms on this, really the only thing I hate on this and snake eyes are the arms, they don't bend as much as a TBLeague figure and it pisses me off when trying to pose it.
I completely agree!

There’s no easy answer to this b/c the ankle ball joints are smaller than the standard, so the feet won’t outright fit onto a new body without modifying one or the other. Then, the two ends of the stock wrist joints are not standard size either, so you either have to modify each individual hand to fit new wrist joints or modify the wrist socket on the new body to fit the stock wrist joints. And, you’d also have to modify the stock rubber torso “shirt” by carving away excess rubber around the lower waist and pelvis/crotch to get it to fit a TBLeague body. It’s way more involved than just body swapping which is infuriating.

I have an idea on how to modify the arms from a ganghood muscular body to work with this figure but haven’t had time to implement it yet. I’m also toying with the idea of grabbing the arms from the future HT Thor figure whenever it is release to try to use with this figure.

Last edited:
I completely agree!

There’s no easy answer to this b/c the ankle ball joints are smaller than the standard, so the feet won’t outright fit onto a new body without modifying one or the other. Then, the two ends of the stock wrist joints are not standard size either, so you either have to modify each individual hand to fit new wrist joints or modify the wrist socket on the new body to fit the stock wrist joints. And, you’d also have to modify the stock rubber torso “shirt” by carving away excess rubber around the lower waist and pelvis/crotch to get it to fit a TBLeague body. It’s way more involved than just body swapping which is infuriating.

I have an idea on how to modify the arms from a ganghood muscular body to work with this figure but haven’t had time to implement it yet. I’m also toying with the idea of grabbing the arms from the future HT Thor figure whenever it is release to try to use with this figure.
Damn! I love the look of this figure, but it seems like a nightmare underneath 🤣

Back