threezero is expanding the 1:6 GI JOE line for 2022!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their announcement/preview to release takes roughly a year sometimes longer like ALL other 1:6 brands depending on the offering.

If you're one of those collectors who demands/expects anything/everything to be announced and produced immediately with a guaranteed schedule/timeframe, then perhaps a different hobby is in order.

Otherwise, patience (GASP!) is the way with anything/everything.

I'd rather have a 1:6 brand take its time and get it right than hurry and disappoint considering how fickle we as 1:6 collectors are about beloved/cherished licenses/properties that mean a lot to us.

3Z is known for inconsistency and "fails" with prior offerings across multiple licenses. While Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow for the most part are viewed as "wins", if 3Z's design and production quality ends up being lackluster with the upcoming figures for the GI JOE line, then they'll truly earn every bit of contempt and disdain from collectors mercilessly.

Last edited:
Bring on DESTRO! Whoever is designing these things at Threezero deserves a medal. Best bang for the buck in the 1/6 world at the moment IMHO.

4435D932-2DFC-4CB2-A2B9-D698DEBC10A3.jpeg

Gotta admit, after looking over my old SS figures last night, even though I've upgraded the bodies and such, there is a dated feel to them, at least the Joes. My Destro that I ported over to a ganghood body looks pretty solid s well as my Zartan that's on an ArtFigures body and V2 Cobra Commander that's on a JXToys body. But my Joes look a little passed due :monkey2 I really hope that this line does well enough for 3Z to get to Flint who's my favorite Joe.

Gotta admit, after looking over my old SS figures last night, even though I've upgraded the bodies and such, there is a dated feel to them, at least the Joes. My Destro that I ported over to a ganghood body looks pretty solid s well as my Zartan that's on an ArtFigures body and V2 Cobra Commander that's on a JXToys body. But my Joes look a little passed due :monkey2 I really hope that this line does well enough for 3Z to get to Flint who's my favorite Joe.

I just got a V2 Commander a couple days ago and want to swap that body out too. Did you post any pics of yours after the swap?

I didn’t since I’m not that great at taking pics, even with the advances in phone photo tech :slap but I’ll try to explain as
he does fill out the SS clothing well on JXToys body.

The only area that was tight is closing the collar of the blue undershirt b/c the JX neck is a little bigger than the SS one. I had to carve out some of the soft rubber where the shoulders meet the neck on the body plus sew the blue shirt closed at the collar. I used some black fabric to make a cover to put over the neck so that you don’t have a flesh tone neck sticking out. I also cut off about a 1/3 of the stems on the long SS wrist joints to fit into the JXToys wrist ports.

With that said, you could probably save yourself all that work as I think a Hot Toys Mando black body and neck would probably work nicely. You’ll just also need to swap all the SS wrist pegs to HT wrist pegs. The SS boots accept ball joints just fine

hope that helps!

Last edited:
I didn’t since I’m not that great at taking pics, even with the advances in phone photo tech :slap but I’ll try to explain as
he does fill out the SS clothing well on JXToys body.

The only area that was tight is closing the collar of the blue undershirt b/c the JX neck is a little bigger than the SS one. I had to carve out some of the soft rubber where the shoulders meet the neck on the body plus sew the blue shirt closed at the collar. I used some black fabric to make a cover to put over the neck so that you don’t have a flesh tone neck sticking out. I also cut off about a 1/3 of the stems on the long SS wrist joints to fit into the JXToys wrist ports.

With that said, you could probably save yourself all that work as I think a Hot Toys Mando black body and neck would probably work nicely. You’ll just also need to swap all the SS wrist pegs to HT wrist pegs. The SS boots accept ball joints just fine

hope that helps!

Thanks! Yeah, I was thinking about picking up a Tusken Raider body since the neck is black but I’ll look for a Mando body too.

Thanks! Yeah, I was thinking about picking up a Tusken Raider body since the neck is black but I’ll look for a Mando body too.
Cool, I would just suggest whatever body you get that it isn’t super thin/slim if you want the clothing to fit a little better. Idk what the Tusken raider body looks like, I just know the Mando had some slight bulk to the arms instead of the straight noodle arms like the troopers. I tried a 501st body and it was too slim for my liking. From what I’ve found, the Sideshow clothing on their GI Joes tends to be a little on the larger side. I was able to put my Flint on the largest JXToys body (I think it’s called massive?) and the clothing fit like they were made for that body vs the lanky original body.

I’ll try to grab a decent pic of mine in the day light so you can get an idea. Trust me though, definitely won’t look as nice as your pics :lol

Last edited:
Flint and Mutt have always been my favorites. I hope they get to both of them.

@Cocoboloboy here are some pics that I hope help you decide. One thing I forgot to mention is that you may need to undo 2 hem lines in the back of the blue shirt they made in order to make the shirt more fitted for the SS body. Test first, and if the shirt doesn’t fit the new body, then just undo those and you should be good.

07D94AAE-490C-47A3-A0CA-2DECB62D50F6.jpegB3099B9A-73F6-4724-B082-8823F99579DD.jpegCA183981-60FE-46BB-9926-F716A8CA788F.jpeg3DA1198E-0E9B-4B9F-879B-00BF52D57C44.jpeg

No problem, happy to help! Lastly, it probably goes without saying, but be careful with the leather straps. They feel fragile.
I’m leaving the holster off and replacing everything else with more cartoon/80’s figure accurate fixings. About the only thing I may use is the knife holster.

I’m leaving the holster off and replacing everything else with more cartoon/80’s figure accurate fixings. About the only thing I may use is the knife holster.
Ahh nice! I saw in the old GI joe thread that some folks were able to pull the pants over the boots to get a more cartoon look so that should work for you if you're going that route. I tried it, but it didn't look right to me with the leather bits so probably a good idea that you're not using them for that look. Can't wait to see how yours comes out :rock

@Cocoboloboy here are some pics that I hope help you decide. One thing I forgot to mention is that you may need to undo 2 hem lines in the back of the blue shirt they made in order to make the shirt more fitted for the SS body. Test first, and if the shirt doesn’t fit the new body, then just undo those and you should be good.

View attachment 558972View attachment 558973View attachment 558974View attachment 558975
Your swap looks good but I forgot how terrible that helmet is. So glad I got the Pacemaker version when he was offering them.

Your swap looks good but I forgot how terrible that helmet is. So glad I got the Pacemaker version when he was offering them.
Thanks! I actually like the head as is, but I get why ppl don't and opted for the Pacemaker head given it's more cartoon/80's accuracy. Maybe if/when 3Z gets around to him, he'll have a more classic helmet.

Last edited:
Back