threezero is expanding the 1:6 GI JOE line for 2022!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Sideshow did great with the line, it's what got me into the 1/6 world (and kitbashing, because I wanted more) - I'd like to the see them get the license again now that GI Joe has picked up steam.

Only thing I would've appreciated was an explanation of why it stopped.

On the plus side, I was able to obtain all the dioramas I wanted...at a cheaper price after the fact.

I thought Sideshow did great with the line, it's what got me into the 1/6 world (and kitbashing, because I wanted more) - I'd like to the see them get the license again now that GI Joe has picked up steam.

Only thing I would've appreciated was an explanation of why it stopped.

On the plus side, I was able to obtain all the dioramas I wanted...at a cheaper price after the fact.
Nooooooooo !!!! Ssc has ADD, I want someone to keep it going for a long time they don’t have the attention span to do that

Nooooooooo !!!! Ssc has ADD, I want someone to keep it going for a long time they don’t have the attention span to do that
--

1640822861416.jpeg

Ha, really? They did so many, I think they just let the license lapse for whatever reason.

Anyways, it's in ThreeZero's hands now and they seem poised to give us a few that we may not have already.

Ha, really? They did so many, I think they just let the license lapse for whatever reason.

Anyways, it's in ThreeZero's hands now and they seem poised to give us a few that we may not have already.
--

If I remember correctly, I don't believe there was ever an explanation offered/provided directly by Sideshow as to how/why the license ended.

There were some general comments after the fact, but nothing formal/official.

It's moot at this point.

It was a good, but incomplete run.

3Z already announced Lady Jaye, Roadblock, and Scarlett, but we all know an announcement and seeing it materialize in production are two different things.

Sideshow's video teaser of the GI JOE license from years ago "teased" Scarlett too, but she never materialized.

We can only wait and see . . . and make ourselves heard with our $ in buying or not.

Ssc never addresses anything… but I recall them saying costs/ sales and them focusing on what they do best … statues

Ssc never addresses anything… but I recall them saying costs/ sales and them focusing on what they do best … statues
--

OVERPRICED PFFs and statues.

There was a time when those offerings were reasonably priced, but prices increased while design and quality not so much IMHO.

I'm super excited for this line. I just picked up Snake Eyes and have Storm Shadow pre-ordered through a local retailer. I still have four of the figures from Sideshow but sold off most of them years ago.

I'm super excited for this line. I just picked up Snake Eyes and have Storm Shadow pre-ordered through a local retailer. I still have four of the figures from Sideshow but sold off most of them years ago.
--

I believe the die hard dedicated GI JOE collectors kept/saved the figures produced by Sideshow (I'm one of them), but over the years an exodus occurred where collectors and/or speculators started to sell off the figures at varying prices.

I believe there will be a continued nuanced want for the Sideshow GI JOE figures even if and when 3Z continues with the license provided it's very successful for them and Hasbro continues the licensing agreement with them.

I do wonder if the licensing ends with 3Z what other legitimate and proven 1:6 brand (other than HT) could/would even consider dealing with Hasbro for the 1:6 licensing for GI JOE?

--

I believe the die hard dedicated GI JOE collectors kept/saved the figures produced by Sideshow (I'm one of them), but over the years an exodus occurred where collectors and/or speculators started to sell off the figures at varying prices.

I believe there will be a continued nuanced want for the Sideshow GI JOE figures even if and when 3Z continues with the license provided it's very successful for them and Hasbro continues the licensing agreement with them.

I do wonder if the licensing ends with 3Z what other legitimate and proven 1:6 brand (other than HT) could/would even consider dealing with Hasbro for the 1:6 licensing for GI JOE?
I have all mine still also with zero plans of selling… think the buck stops with three zero.. let’s hope it pans out

I have all mine still also with zero plans of selling… think the buck stops with three zero.. let’s hope it pans out
Still have all mine as well. I need to touch up the heads though with a coat of finish. Whatever Sideshow used for them has left a powdery look over the period of time.

I gave all mine to a friend who owns a store to sell it.

Everything disintegrated, I didn't know Hawk's jacket would flake so badly. Elastic bands getting loose overtime, glue on velcro patches drying up etc.

I own each and every release and that includes the dioramas, hell I even got 6 Cobra Troopers.

But the quality is terrible. I'm kind of happy letting go all of them.

I loved the SSC line. Had to let them go during a rough patch. Looking forward to the three zero line.
--

Sorry to read.

I believe many of us at one point or another during our time in the hobby had to let some stuff go due to a rough patch.

I know I did on occasion.

Last edited:
Still have all mine as well. I need to touch up the heads though with a coat of finish. Whatever Sideshow used for them has left a powdery look over the period of time.
Has anyone done this? I have several in need. Curious on everyones thoughts on prep needed.

I have limited space and my collection evolved over time from Marvel to DC to Star Wars, other miscellaneous figures to 1/4 scale. I always held onto the V1 Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Duke and Cobra Commander as they were gifts and sentimental and the start of my collection nearly 12-13 years ago.

Even though the old sideshow bodies don't hold up and are floppy and weirdly proportioned I still love these four figures. I am excited for the prospect of building a new GI Joe collection.

I have limited space and my collection evolved over time from Marvel to DC to Star Wars, other miscellaneous figures to 1/4 scale. I always held onto the V1 Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Duke and Cobra Commander as they were gifts and sentimental and the start of my collection nearly 12-13 years ago.

Even though the old sideshow bodies don't hold up and are floppy and weirdly proportioned I still love these four figures. I am excited for the prospect of building a new GI Joe collection.
--

The ongoing conundrum of place and stuff . . . a lot of place, but not enough stuff . . . a lot of stuff, but not enough place . . . a classic bit by the great and late George Carlin.

We all experienced it.

I never cared for the Sideshow body design & quality (significant lack of). I sometimes believe Sideshow could have simply made a deal to use the default/generic/standard HT body design instead, but business greed and money IMHO is the obvious factor.

Last edited:
Has anyone done this? I have several in need. Curious on everyones thoughts on prep needed.
I haven't attempted yet but my plan is to lightly use the back of a sponge to get off a layer of finish, then apply my own matte or semi-matte finish. I have an extra head or two that I will try on first.

Oh man! just saw this and super excited to hear we're getting Lady Jay and Scarlett! Also, glad I won't have to pay the super high prices for Baroness and Firefly anymore. Looking forward to adding them to the collection

Last edited:
I'm not really familiar with 3Z, do they preview stuff and then take 18 months to release or is it a pretty quick turnaround?

Back