Media The Silent Hill series discussion thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure I would enjoy it a lot but I just haven't reached them in my backlog yet :lol

Doom 4 is also on my list and I'm dying to play that one, which I also have, and it's also collecting dust :lol

I love having a backlog, that way I don't forget about everything I want to play/watch/read.

I try to go in order but sometimes I just grab whatever I'm in the mood for.

I love having a backlog, that way I don't forget about everything I want to play/watch/read.

I try to go in order but sometimes I just grab whatever I'm in the mood for.

Love/Hate having one. If only I had the same time as I did back in grade school to get through all these games!

A long shot to ask here but does anyone own a copy of Silent Hill Origins for PS2? I bought a used on off eBay but the insert and manual feels like poor quality printing and the insert itself is thin and feels like cheap paper. I wonder if I got a repro case with an original disc.

On that note, I finally got all the main games. Don't care for Downpour. :lol

37344087741_0a86c721b5_c.jpg

A long shot to ask here but does anyone own a copy of Silent Hill Origins for PS2? I bought a used on off eBay but the insert and manual feels like poor quality printing and the insert itself is thin and feels like cheap paper. I wonder if I got a repro case with an original disc.

On that note, I finally got all the main games. Don't care for Downpour. [emoji38]

I have it, bought it when it first released!
3ee557bb454a5eae0b57eb59d0873665.jpg

Sent from my 404SC using Tapatalk

I have it, bought it when it first released!
3ee557bb454a5eae0b57eb59d0873665.jpg

You're a life saver! How is the insert (the cover sleeve that slides in the case)? Does it feel soft? All my other PS2 inserts seems to be a thick print, this one is soft, and a bit blurry. Thanks a lot for your time!

You're a life saver! How is the insert (the cover sleeve that slides in the case)? Does it feel soft? All my other PS2 inserts seems to be a thick print, this one is soft, and a bit blurry. Thanks a lot for your time!

No prob! Feels legit and like all other PS2 releases. Sounds like this guy may have jipped you.

No prob! Feels legit and like all other PS2 releases. Sounds like this guy may have jipped you.

Oh well, I got a partial refund anyway and the disc is legit so I guess I paid $10 for it. Thanks anyway! Repro cases suck!

Oh well, I got a partial refund anyway and the disc is legit so I guess I paid $10 for it. Thanks anyway! Repro cases suck!

well it's still an "incomplete" collection. it'd be difficult to hunt down the original manual & case (is the cover original?)

i see you got the Silent Hill 2 but not the collector's edition with the soundtrack, or in Europe a special disc. The matte cardboard sleeve would be neat.

well it's still an "incomplete" collection. it'd be difficult to hunt down the original manual & case (is the cover original?)

i see you got the Silent Hill 2 but not the collector's edition with the soundtrack, or in Europe a special disc. The matte cardboard sleeve would be neat.
Meh, he's not going for every version ever. He's like me and simply gets the best version of each entry in the franchise. For example, Silent Hill 2 Greatest Hits is the best version because it includes the extra Maria scenario whereas the black label original doesn't.

On that note, I finally got all the main games. Don't care for Downpour. :lol

I don't have the PS2 version of Origins but, if I remember correctly, it was ported from the PSP near the end of the PS2's lifecycle, right? To my knowledge, games that were manufactured during that time and after sometimes had thinner, almost paper like slipcovers, manuals and inserts.

For example, the three Fatal Frame games for PS2 were reprinted a few years back. When I bought a reprint of the third game in that series, I noticed the reduction in quality that you described. I later bought the original print from 2005 and found that the production quality was much better and identical to other high quality prints. The case was original, too (whereas the reprint lacked the memory card slot in the case, the original did not).

Could this have been the case with your copy of Origins?

I'm not interested in a PAL release, as cool as the box is, I know.

Meh, he's not going for every version ever. He's like me and simply gets the best version of each entry in the franchise. For example, Silent Hill 2 Greatest Hits is the best version because it includes the extra Maria scenario whereas the black label original doesn't.

Nailed it.

I don't have the PS2 version of Origins but, if I remember correctly, it was ported from the PSP near the end of the PS2's lifecycle, right? To my knowledge, games that were manufactured during that time and after sometimes had thinner, almost paper like slipcovers, manuals and inserts.

For example, the three Fatal Frame games for PS2 were reprinted a few years back. When I bought a reprint of the third game in that series, I noticed the reduction in quality that you described. I later bought the original print from 2005 and found that the production quality was much better and identical to other high quality prints. The case was original, too (whereas the reprint lacked the memory card slot in the case, the original did not).

Could this have been the case with your copy of Origins?

That's correct, Origins was a port of the PSP version and it was indeed released around the time people were complaining about PS2 box quality. It doesn't even have the memory card holder and the case feels flimsier. I hope your right though, but I'll probably track down a better copy in the future.

That's correct, Origins was a port of the PSP version and it was indeed released around the time people were complaining about PS2 box quality. It doesn't even have the memory card holder and the case feels flimsier. I hope your right though, but I'll probably track down a better copy in the future.

I can almost assure you that what I described is the case. Brandoloneous' copy doesn't include the memory card slot in the case, either, and he bought it on release. I wouldn't sweat it, man.

Did you post that in the wrong thread?

I always love me some Max Payne main theme, especially MP2 since it's more emotional. I'm one of the few that thinks MP3 was excellent. I think I remember Riddick hating it.

Last edited:
No :lol I was posting the Harp girl Riddick posted, she's good, that's why I followed with an OT post.

I liked MP3, nice change of pace, I could only play it for about an hour at a time or so since the story was pretty heavy.

Back