Silent Hill: Downpour (originally SH 8)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not hating on the series but after SH3 the series went under... [I only played SH1=3] Maybe Konami should just retire this game series. Or seriously remake SH1. I mean I can't judge downpour since I haven't purchased it, but I don't want a game that I'll get annoyed/bored and want to return it. The last thing I want is a lazy HD port.

That's just imo.

means?

You are talking about SH Collections or Downpour?

HD collection - truth be told, the 360 version plays fine - I just finished it - however, the PS3 version is a complete and utter train wreck, so Amazon has received a lot of pissed off PS3 fan complaints, and are taking an internal review -

Not sure what may come of it, if anything.

And for those that say the series got worse after 3 but havent played passed 3, I'll just say you are missing out on SH4, Downpour and for some, Shattered memories

HD collection - truth be told, the 360 version plays fine - I just finished it - however, the PS3 version is a complete and utter train wreck, so Amazon has received a lot of pissed off PS3 fan complaints, and are taking an internal review -

Not sure what may come of it, if anything.

And for those that say the series got worse after 3 but havent played passed 3, I'll just say you are missing out on SH4, Downpour and for some, Shattered memories

Thanks

I had preordered the PS3 version.. but I'm going to cancel this version and preorder the 360 version instead..

One question please: The FR is 60fps (like MGS collection) or 30fps?

Last edited:
i got the hd collection for the ps3 and yeah its a bit funky in the audio department. on sh2 when james is running on it seems as though there a cow chomping on grass right behind him, the other one is when the guy runs out of air, theres a wierd noise instead of a gasp. the visualls are okay i guess although on sh3 the game seems a bit dark and sometimes you cant see crap.

Beat SH2 and now starting SH3. I thought the HD convert and new voices in SH2 were great.

Played on 360, no issues performance issues here.

Thanks

I had preordered the PS3 version.. but I'm going to cancel this version and preorder the 360 version instead..

One question please: The FR is 60fps (like MGS collection) or 30fps?

30 fps at best...even then not sure. 360 will have a half second moment of lag every so often, but a pretty clean experience. No where near 60

What a shame about the HD collection. Man was I looking forward to this. SH2 is one of my favorite games of all time, but I won't waste my money is something like this for my ps3.

Playing SH3 on xbox360 and I have been getting some major slow downs.

It literally took 2 minutes to show the first major boss die, which should have taken about 10 seconds. Really really bad slow down.

Playing SH3 now myself and am experiencing a framerate 'hiccup' every couple min - not an issue for me, yet, but the experience Nightcreeper is having is concerning.....I take it you are at Heather's Apt? No port should run worse than the original game. i remember SH3 only had some lag in the streets of Silent Hill due to all the monsters and fog running at same time. This HD port is less smooth than the original game that came out in 2003

Very nice looking game - aside from clean sidewalk at beginning, rest is very rusty where it should be

Playing SH3 now myself and am experiencing a framerate 'hiccup' every couple min - not an issue for me, yet, but the experience Nightcreeper is having is concerning.....I take it you are at Heather's Apt? No port should run worse than the original game. i remember SH3 only had some lag in the streets of Silent Hill due to all the monsters and fog running at same time. This HD port is less smooth than the original game that came out in 2003

Very nice looking game - aside from clean sidewalk at beginning, rest is very rusty where it should be

It was the Split Worm boss at the shopping mall. Right when you kill it, it shows it dying (which basically consists of it doing a grand flail and then that's the scene...and it turns to white). It's only a 10 second scene, but it took a few minutes for it to play out, very long hiccups, I thought the game froze a few times the hiccups were very long and constant.

There was some other hiccup I experienced in the mall too, but I cannot remember what it was, nothing like that boss death though.

So I'm guessing downpour was cleaned up for the EU release as I've been playing it for 3 hours and there are no line sync issues. Framerate drops a few times but nothing stands out as really bad. The visuals are generally really nice. IGN game them 4. Pfft

So I'm guessing downpour was cleaned up for the EU release as I've been playing it for 3 hours and there are no line sync issues. Framerate drops a few times but nothing stands out as really bad. The visuals are generally really nice. IGN game them 4. Pfft

PS3 or 360?

Back