Silent Hill: Downpour (originally SH 8)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the Uk version is smoother may have to score an import

I think that the PAL version runs exactly as the US version

Got the PAL version( UK) and have been playing 5 hours or more, and well.... at the beginning the game runs just "fine", but once you arrive Slillent hill... The hitches, and frame jumps are very regular and some times very annoying ..:(

About the light tearing: I think that it's less noticiable (would say that the tearing disappears) if you just turn off the flashlight in exteriors
( streets )

Last edited:
So I'm guessing downpour was cleaned up for the EU release as I've been playing it for 3 hours and there are no line sync issues. Framerate drops a few times but nothing stands out as really bad. The visuals are generally really nice. IGN game them 4. Pfft

360 and 2 days early. Great game.

This game goes downhill once u reach the town IMO. No realt urge to keep on playing.

So I guess your earlier posts were posted before you finished it? :lol:slap

Yea well first impressions were very good. The actual visuals are nice and i've not had any game breaking glitches. I played some more today and I'm just appreciating it for what it is. It has some really slow spots but the story is picking up.

In what has to be one of the biggest announcements in gaming history is the reveal of the team behind Silent Hill 9. Instead of Konami reaching out to a new studio yet again for their next Silent Hill game, they have miraculously reassembled the original Team Silent for the upcoming game in the series. I have taken the liberty of translating Hiroyuki Owaku’s quote from the latest Famitsu:

“We all thought it was time to come back, you know? Fans love us because we can’t do anything wrong, apparently. We could put a Pyramid Head in every single game we make and it would be alright. I think it’s just a western thing. They think us Japanese developers are just better than any other country’s game designers. So, Konami had said “OK, let’s do it!”. I’m very happy to be back!”

When asked about the current team behind the latest Silent Hills, Owaku had this to say “Well, we needed supernatural energy to make yet another great Silent Hill, so Konami has sacrificed the lives of the current team for Team Silent. Their flesh and blood nourished God and now we can make a great game!”

Along with Owaku, Masahiro Ito, Takayoshi Sato, Masashi Tsuboyama, Akira Yamaoka, and Keiichiro Toyama are all returning to the series.

Details are scarce, but it seems like Silent Hill 9 will be a direct sequel to Silent Hill 2. Maria was pregnant during the game and her child was left behind at the Lakeview Hotel, also known as James and Mary’s “special place”.

The game will put us in control of Eddie, who survived the events of the 2nd game, as he is on the run from James because he has kidnapped the child. The game will be heavier on combat and be played in first person. Heather is said to be Eddie’s co-op partner for online play. Silent Hill 9 is expected to release this coming October.

https://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/team-silent-returns-for-silent-hill-9/

Damn April fools day. :lol

I was reading that all excited...until that second paragraph :lol

I wish it was true. I wish they sacrificed the current Silent Hill team to harness supernatural energy.

Damn...it, I like the idea of sacrificing the current team's live though lolz.

I just started a bit of downpour, so far I find is ok. But damn, they really need to patch the stuttering/frame rate issues.

I thought HD collection was ok, but I do agree its a very lazy HD port, some of the textures just looks bad.

The last few sections of downpour are bloody awful. This is definately the weakest SH yet. Homecoming shat all over this IMO.

James new voice in SH2 is far better the than original, I enjoyed his character a lot more as a result.

The new voice acting in SH3 though is eh, so-so.

SH2 is the best in the series, everything about it, the story, the town and the environments you encounter. I really like how it's James story, and that is the main focus, the town is just the background and mostly a mystery. Whereas in SH3 the town is more of the main character and your learning about the town as you progress, the church, Alessa, etc. The isolation you felt in SH2 was much more than SH3, in SH3 you have several other characters you interact with a lot; Douglas, Vincent and Claudia. In SH2, you interacted with just as many people but they were very distant relationships, more of a 'running into them' scenario.

I enjoyed everything about SH2, right from the opening: James at a rest stop just outside of town...as the player your wondering what he is doing here. You find out he received a letter in the mail from his wife telling him to meet her at their 'special place', but his wife died years ago. So he comes to this town, chasing a ghost....yet he holds hope that some miracle is happening. But things in town aren't what they seem, and James seems to be hiding a secret of his own. What a great story, and what a great movie it would be in the right hands. Anyways, I'm reminiscing.

Back