Silent Hill: Revelations 3D

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna have to agree with Biojex, to a certain extent. I still liked the film overall, but it's a very mild "like." It took me a couple viewings to fully appreciate the first one (yes, I'd rank the first film up there with the best horror films ever made). I'm wondering if I'll enjoy this one more after a second time, but after my initial viewing, I was pretty disappointed.

The pacing is quite off. It always felt like we were coming into a scene at the wrong time. Certain things took too long, and other scenes were way too short. I felt it could've used another 30 minutes to allow the whole film to breathe. It just moves way too fast. Other complaints were...

Spoiler Spoiler:

All in all, it just felt limited in scope as compared to the first. It's hard to fault the director when I'm sure he's doing what he can with the budget, but it was still underwhelming. The saving grace was Adelaide though. I thought she was absolutely terrific, and made the entire film enjoyable, even with its flaws.

Agreed, Adelaide was the only actor who brought her A game. I was surprised at how bad Kit Harrington was. He's great in game of thrones but here, it felt very much like he was in a made for tv movie. As I said before, I did enjoy McDowell though. He was very hammy and fun.

Saw it yesterday, not a bad movie, if you liked the first it's worth seeing, but it's not nearly as good.

It's really not scary in any way, not that it doesn't have the elements but it's not presented in a way to be scary. On top of that, there's a good section of the movie where you know that Heather is not ever in danger so it kind of takes away from it.

It also has a pretty poor ending, not really what you'd expect (in a bad way). I think at the very end it teases what could be a third movie based on the storyline from the most recent game.

Saw this for a 2nd time, and still enjoy it way more than the original....that said, parts I don't get:

1) why did Claudia turn into a cenobite?
2) why did Leonard turn into a bizarre creature (ie stupid looking creature)?

Aside from that, I dig it - some missed opportunities - you have this immense evil ala Alessa (dark Alessa in the game), yet she is hardly represented, except a few scant scenes? I would have played up her presence a tad more

Saw this for a 2nd time, and still enjoy it way more than the original....that said, parts I don't get:

1) why did Claudia turn into a cenobite?
2) why did Leonard turn into a bizarre creature (ie stupid looking creature)?

Aside from that, I dig it - some missed opportunities - you have this immense evil ala Alessa (dark Alessa in the game), yet she is hardly represented, except a few scant scenes? I would have played up her presence a tad more

In the movie Leonard says a line like..."it reveals the truth of things" or something. So I'm guessing, because Claudia was supposed to be evil as well as (Leonard) they turned into monsters...their "true" selves.

Or some **** like that, I don't know.

In the movie Leonard says a line like..."it reveals the truth of things" or something. So I'm guessing, because Claudia was supposed to be evil as well as (Leonard) they turned into monsters...their "true" selves.

Or some **** like that, I don't know.

Yeah, that sounds about right. In the game SH3, we never met Leonard as a human, just as a creature, but way different looking than the movie. Claudia should have remained just a person; white hair is fine, but nice white makeup all over her....Director was too faithful to the game - some stuff just doesn't translate. The biggest issue I still have with the movies was to make Dahlia a victim and introduce the made up character of Christabella - Dahlia was her in the games. Just a ****ed up mom with god issues.

The movie was close, but with some tweaks it could have been great: Flesh out the Order of Valitel more - explain how they have a (seemingly) harmonious relationship with the denizens of the Otherworld. Movie relied on the leaders of the Order being too wacked out, and not really having any kind of motivation an audience can follow. Make their motivations make more sense; would have made them a way scarier adversary. In the games, its implied that they run the world's most jacked up orphanage -

Last edited:
That was the major flaw of the film. Almost nothing was fleshed out. everything was underdeveloped. Idea's were brought up and then dropped 5 seconds later never to be heard of again.

I don't think it was more harmonious. It seemed more like they were enslaving the denizens and trying to control them.

Yeah, I guess - when the guy used the cattle prod on the nurse, I was like, 'Wait, What?'

Also, they said the Brotherhood (subsect) in the order wear masks to keep the darkness out didn't really explain why the guy's face was liquefied by it when Heather removed his mask - though she and Vincent ( a fellow true Silent hill member) was fine without

If the audience doesn't understand the rules of the movie world it is watching, it does make it hard to appreciate & care about what is happening

Yeah, The thing is, I'd say I'm pretty well versed in SH lore and I didn't even know what was going on.

They just jumped forward to quickly. The film needed more time to let things settle.

Admittedly, I did like the idea of PH being the guardian of Alessa. Even if it's completely off from PH's role in the games (which I prefer obviously)

Admittedly, I did like the idea of PH being the guardian of Alessa. Even if it's completely off from PH's role in the games (which I prefer obviously)

See, I liked that as well - if for no other reason than giving Phead a defined role in the movie; something that was lacking for him in the first movie

What I missed the most in the movie was the best line from the game, when Vincent says to Heather, 'They look like monsters to you?' Monsters, in the game, were always played like, are-they-or-aren't-they just in the head of the main character....in the movie, they are just there for the sake of being creepy.....without that specific definition, the movie really screamed out, 'what the hell is happening' for most audience members

I have played every game - feel I also am very well versed, but I was also a little lost on the smaller details that just went unexplained. I hated the Claudia cenobite creature. No point for it at all - with so many other cool monster designs in the game, I would have not made up the most generic looking creature possible - but they did - well, could have been worse. Sh3 had that awful purple sperm looking creature on legs - glad they skipped that one after all

It's something people recognize from the game that's creepy. In the movie it turns and looks at Heather and then you see them around from time to time, but it's not actually ever scary.

Quite enjoyed the film. Pissed they killed Douglas off so quick.

personally, I think Douglas shouldve been in the role of Vincent. I think the 'romance' felt a little forced between the two.

I quite liked the film over all. I love how at the end, they basically said 'right, we got 3 directions to go; Silent Hill 2 with Harry/christopher, Silent Hill Origins with Travis, and then Downpour with the police covoy presumably with Murphy'

The film felt a little bit rushed at times. The nurse scene couldve been much more tense and longer, more horror filled. I feel that way about a few scenes, sort of like with the Lying Figure in the School; couldve been much more tense and drawn out.

Personally, they nailed quite alot of the imagery and atmosphere supremely well, its just some of the acting, and some choices like with Douglas was wrong.

The scene with Harry talking to Rose in the mirror fell flat IMO, because it was done so cheesily. It didnt feel right in this film. I think thats my problem with the film really, some of the things fell abit flat; I heard people laughing at my screening because they thought it was silly or cheesy, whereas me and my friend Lauren, we loved it because we understand the mythos and are invested into it. But even we found some things so forced and cheesy like the romance.

Also, I swore Rose ran into Heather. Saw loads of pictures of it but zero of it went into the film. Whats the crack there!?

i saw this movie about 2 weeks ago. I thought it was awful. there were some freaky parts, but it just didnt do it for me. I didn't see the first one, so maybe that had something to do with it

Finally saw it last night...
I enjoyed it... but I think the first one captured the essence of the game a bit better... despite the poor climax...
But this one, has some really freaky things going on... but TERRIBLE acting... oh man... it was painful, specially from that Game of Thrones kid...

Spoiler Spoiler:

All in all, it's definitely a movie for fans... people walked out of the theater in our showing...
I'll get it for sure on BD though... hopefully for cheap! :lol

Back