Media "Game of the Year" Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rock :rock God of War? They haven't announced it yet, but we can't have a playstation without Kratos. I imagine we'll hear some news next year.

I don't know I have God of War Ascension CE still sealed, I bought it for the statue and have yet to play it, I would have to borrow my brothers PS3 but have yet to bother

I have Last of Us. Arkham City and Uncharted 2 were better. Funny that a grown man collecting dolls calling me kiddie.

LwZKryA.gif

Okay you're not a kid, you're a kid with poor taste.

I really don't understand the guys who rip TLOU. It had a great story, great gameplay, and the enemy AI was some of the best I've seen. The game also never glitched-out on me, like it did for some people on YouTube.

I don't think it was the greatest game of all time

You are not the only one :lol

I know people that go as far as to think its the worst thing that ever happened to mankind because ripped off "The Road"

And a lot of critics hate it too :lecture

I hate The Last of Us more than ever, when I really think about what it represents to the gaming industry. Screw this game. I hate its dishonesty, and its pretensions of moral superiority. I hate that it’s going to win Game of the Year awards instead of Grand Theft Auto V simply because it makes for a better game industry mascot. Anybody can whip up politically correct female tropes and make all the bad guys white males — even if they begin with something as sickening as Mankind. It’s just a thin coat of paint, and suddenly extreme misogyny turns into the “industry changing” icon.

It’s the perfection of a foolproof formula which other lazy developers will feel enticed to copy. Call me a dreamer, but I’d still like to see interesting female characters that have three dimensions, not paper cutouts like Alyx Vance from Half-Life 2, born out of fear of criticism from bitchy protest groups and liberal art professors

giphy.gif

Now that is real hate :lol I wouldn't go as far as to HATE this game... there are worst things out there.

I can see why that would change--what they ended up with was dark as it is, having a topic like having to kill all the women to stop a virus is pretty heavy, not to mention the controversy that would cause, even if it's handled well.
Plus, there's a logic problem in that, since the human race would die out without women.

I can see why that would change--what they ended up with was dark as it is, having a topic like having to kill all the women to stop a virus is pretty heavy, not to mention the controversy that would cause, even if it's handled well.
Plus, there's a logic problem in that, since the human race would die out without women.

Yeah, they changed their original idea for something much safer. I don't know exactly how it went but I bet the girls working at ND didn't like "Mankind" one bit. Its just weird... who would think such a game as "Mankind" could be fun or entertaining ? Its just my opinion but I think Mankind is all kinds of wrong, I'm glad that didn't happen

Plus, with all the neofeminists on the internet that game could have been career suicide for them

mmmmm..... adorkable

I see Alien Isolation is pulling ahead in the polls... very good :clap
Dragon Age is catching up though

Alien Isolation deserves it :clap

It doesn't even sound like "Mankind" was a bad concept to begin with. But, it was probably too similar to "Y: The Last Man", so maybe that's why ND had to forgo it.

But, TLOU ended up fantastic. It didn't have a very original post-apocalyptic setting, but the storyline about the trials and tribulation of Joel and Ellie, and how their relationship evolved over time, was something I've never seen attempted in a video game before. It did a great service to its characters. In fact, forget the infected and the post-apocalyptic world; TLOU, at it's core, was a very "human story", and I think anyone who doesn't see that, it grossly missing the entire point of this game.

That said, I don't have the time to read random editorials from Internet cretins, who need to rip this game apart for annoying sociopolitics.

Back