Silent Hill: Downpour (originally SH 8)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score
Update 01/07/11

new name: Silent Hill: Downpour

------------------------

Tentative title. Produced by Konami and handled by new developer 'Vatra Games'. Due in 2011 for PS3 and Xbox 360.

Veteran series composer (and arguable the heart of SH) Akira Yamaoka left Konami a while ago. The score and soundtrack for this new Silent Hill game will be done by Daniel Licht. He's composed music for Hellraiser and Children of the Corn films, as well as TV show Dexter.

"The game stars prison inmate Murphy Pendleton, who escapes from a prison transport vehicle and finds himself stranded in Silent Hill. From the glimpses we've seen in the trailer, Pendleton will have to deal both with the supernatural horrors of Silent Hill and with the cops, who are on his trail. "

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZGkKAllpKfI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZGkKAllpKfI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

500x_silent_hill_8.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Silent Hill 8

Overall it looks pretty cool but graphics wise I'm not impressed. Looks like an early 360 game but maybe my opinion will change once I see the trailer in better quality.

Overall it looks pretty cool but graphics wise I'm not impressed. Looks like an early 360 game but maybe my opinion will change once I see the trailer in better quality.

Yeah the trailer in the first post is a stream from the Konami press conference so the quality is low. I'll replace it when a higher res version is available.

I was really impressed by that actually...

...can't wait to find out more. The silent hill sequence at 3:00 was really cool and very intriguing. And I liked the little elements like the TV. Presumably that was supposed in-game footage at that point?

Argh, cant see this at work....I am kinda glad the music will be by a different composer...last couple of games all sounded the same.....

The idea of playing as an inmate could be cool.......I am very curious. Considering the last three games have tanked, sales-wise, I am surprised that this series still gets green-lit......

About time Silent Hill comes back to its prominance as a top survival-horror game. Resident Evil lost it's way & decided to take the more "action" path & I have doubts on the Dead Space sequel.

:yess: I think it deserves to be on the cover of the new GI...but I already know next issue's cover is Elder Scrolls V. :(

I haven't played SH in a long time so I am really looking forward to it.

Re: Silent Hill: Downpour (originallly SH 8)

Ya beat me to it, Amanamatt.

Looks like some people already have access to the info in the next issue of GI.

Some details:

Silent Hill: Downpour

-demo takes place in the outskirts of SH
-the town is so large that you can use a subway system to travel between focal points
-sidequests
-avoid fights when possible, better to deliver incapacitating blows and run away (so good!)
-boss fights with quicktime events (not so good)
-water plays a huge part in the game, article implies that water will be to "Downpour" as ice/snow was to Shattered Memories

I don't hate the title, but I do think it's lazy. Naming their game based on a significant mechanic or feature of the gameplay is kinda weak. I mean it's like calling a previous one 'Silent Hill: Foggy Weather' or 'Silent Hill: Frostbite', they could've thought of something better. But a name is a name, it's not a dealbreaker for me.

Looking forward to another Silent Hill game. Homecoming wasn't what I was hoping for in a Silent Hill game and hopefully this next installment will be a great one.

I assume the rain will be a big part of the game (looks/atmosphere wise), which is great as I think rain in horror games is a perfect combination.

I don't hate the title, but I do think it's lazy. Naming their game based on a significant mechanic or feature of the gameplay is kinda weak. I mean it's like calling a previous one 'Silent Hill: Foggy Weather' or 'Silent Hill: Frostbite', they could've thought of something better. But a name is a name, it's not a dealbreaker for me.

I do agree, but I think they should just have called it 'Silent Hill 8'. It seems the greatest Silent Hills of all have been those with the simplest titles: Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3. Just saying ;).

Back