Silent Hill: Revelations 3D

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biojex

Super Freak
Reaction score
The optimal altitude for missile deployment
Looks like the sequel is moving along.

Bloody Disgusting is reporting that the horror flick -- which will be in 3D obviously -- will be helmed and written by Michael J. Bassett. His previous credits include Solomon Kane, Deathwatch and Wilderness. He's also plugged in to direct The Unblinking Eye, which is in pre-production at the moment.

Silent Hill: Revelation 3D will feature a cast of familiar faces from the videogame franchise, with Heather Mason depicted as the lead character. Heather was, of course, Silent Hill 3's protagonist, as her and her father have been on the lamb for many years. As her 18th birthday approaches and her father disappears, things become a little clearer for Heather, as her life's dark origins are coming to the forefront.

It's an interesting decision to skip Silent Hill 2's plot for the second motion picture, but one that we ultimately applaud; some things are better left untouched, and this way it will not convolute the film series' lineage.

This move certainly complements Konami's actions with the Silent Hill videogame franchise, which has been outsourced and batted around with small gaming studies such as Double Helix, who were in charge of the mediocre Silent Hill: Homecoming, and most recently by handing Silent Hill 8 off to Vatra, a gaming studio with one Xbox Live Arcade title under their belt to comprise their entire resume. Ouch. Our fingers are crossed that Bassett can get the job done.

https://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1132309p1.html

Could be interesting. At least it's being filmed in 3D and not getting the post production treatment.

Last edited:
Yeah they seem to be taking their sweet time with this one. I liked the first one...then stopped liking it...now I like it again :lol Hopefully this one turns out good so I can consistently like it.

I watched it twice when it was on the Sci-fi channel. lol Plus I saw it in the theater when it first came out. So I guess I always liked it. The CGI though looks a bit crappy now but it was cool when it was first released.

How jumbled. Harry Mason (the protagonist from the first SH game) was turned into Rose De Silva for the first SH movie...so now they're introducing the real Heather and Harry Mason for the sequel?

What's odd about that IGN news article is that the writer "applauds" them for not using the plot from Silent Hill 2 so that it would not "convolute the film series' lineage". How would it do that?

I watched it twice when it was on the Sci-fi channel. lol Plus I saw it in the theater when it first came out. So I guess I always liked it. The CGI though looks a bit crappy now but it was cool when it was first released.

Yeah when I saw it in theaters I loved it...I think I saw it three times. Then when I got it on DVD I watched it a couple more...Which is why i kind of got tired of it. :lol I watched it on Halloween this year after not having seen it in a while. Now I like it just as much as before. Ya know...that old deal.

How jumbled. Harry Mason (the protagonist from the first SH game) was turned into Rose De Silva for the first SH movie...so now they're introducing the real Heather and Harry Mason for the sequel?

What's odd about that IGN news article is that the writer "applauds" them for not using the plot from Silent Hill 2 so that it would not "convolute the film series' lineage". How would it do that?

Yeah, I don't know what they were trying to get at with that. I tend to ignore most, opinion based things IGN says.

Off the bat, I'm already disappointed by a handful of things from this sequel announcement.

1. Not based on Silent Hill 2
2. It's 3D
3. It has a generic subtitle (Revelations)
4. Both Roger Avary and Chris Gans are not involved at all (Not to mention Akira Yamaoka).

5. Most importantly: Character origins are already messed up. If Rose De Silva and Sharon were the film versions of Harry and Heather Mason, then who will the film versions of Harry and Heather be? Their character backgrounds are already effed. They'll have to dramatically alter the story from the games in order to fit these new characters in unless they're rebooting.

Eh the first Silent Hill movie was ok. Better than Resident Evil at least. I honestly am not holding much hope for this simply because it's a movie based on a video game but who know. With any luck with a new SH game and movie comming out, maybe HT or SS or even NECA will make a few figures. I still want a good Pyramid Head figure.

Off the bat, I'm already disappointed by a handful of things from this sequel announcement.

1. Not based on Silent Hill 2
2. It's 3D
3. It has a generic subtitle (Revelations)
4. Both Roger Avary and Chris Gans are not involved at all (Not to mention Akira Yamaoka).

5. Most importantly: Character origins are already messed up. If Rose De Silva and Sharon were the film versions of Harry and Heather Mason, then who will the film versions of Harry and Heather be? Their character backgrounds are already effed. They'll have to dramatically alter the story from the games in order to fit these new characters in unless they're rebooting.

Unfortunately this is true. There is alot of things that can and probably will go wrong with the sequel. :( Feels like it might just be a 3D movie gimmick like Resident Evil 3D.

Yeah when I saw it in theaters I loved it...I think I saw it three times. Then when I got it on DVD I watched it a couple more...Which is why i kind of got tired of it. :lol I watched it on Halloween this year after not having seen it in a while. Now I like it just as much as before. Ya know...that old deal.

Yeah, I don't know what they were trying to get at with that. I tend to ignore most, opinion based things IGN says.

3 times in theaters and a bunch of times on dvd? No wonder you lost interest. lol

Unfortunately this is true. There is alot of things that can and probably will go wrong with the sequel. :( Feels like it might just be a 3D movie gimmick like Resident Evil 3D.
The new RE actually didn't feel all that gimmicky.

3 times in theaters and a bunch of times on dvd? No wonder you lost interest. lol

:exactly: :lol

I think I can deal with everything else as long as the film is good.

+ bonus points if the bunny makes an appearance.

silent-hill-3-bunny.jpg

I wish that people making games into movies would pick a lane. If they're going to leave the reservation in the first movie, DON'T GO BACK.

Let the games be the games and finish the story you started, or reboot. You can't do both.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Huzzah for Robbie!

:lecture:lecture

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/paHTsm09Mkw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/paHTsm09Mkw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Took long enough. I actually thought the 1st movie wasnt half bad and was surprised that it didnt get a sequel.

I liked the first 3/4 of the movie...
setting was great, vibe and atmosphere...
But the ending was pretty lame IMO...

Eh the first Silent Hill movie was ok. Better than Resident Evil at least. I honestly am not holding much hope for this simply because it's a movie based on a video game but who know. With any luck with a new SH game and movie comming out, maybe HT or SS or even NECA will make a few figures. I still want a good Pyramid Head figure.

That would be awesome!!!

I think I can deal with everything else as long as the film is good.

+ bonus points if the bunny makes an appearance.

silent-hill-3-bunny.jpg
:lecture:lol

The new RE actually didn't feel all that gimmicky.

:exactly: :lol

Well maybe not gimmicky but a bit ridiculous.

I liked the first 3/4 of the movie...
setting was great, vibe and atmosphere...
But the ending was pretty lame IMO...

That would be awesome!!!

:lecture:lol

I didnt mind the ending since I thought it was to set up a sequel ... which they never got to.

The new Silent Hill comic comes out today. "Silent Hill Past Life", supposed to be the back story for the new game I think. Menton3 does the art work. Awesome artist. I bump into him from time to time, not sure if he's involved with the movie. I forget. This movie has been off and on for awhile. Hope it goes thru.

Back