Media "Game of the Year" Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't understand the guys who rip TLOU. It had a great story, great gameplay, and the enemy AI was some of the best I've seen. The game also never glitched-out on me, like it did for some people on YouTube.

I see those who go out of their way to rip the game, are either doing it to be looked as hipsters who are different... or doing it out of spite because they secretly love it and it's better than the rest of the games out there.

Alien Isolation in terms of new games. TLOU Remaster is still the best game though overall though IMO. Far Cry 4 is a contender. Bit too much like 3 though.

Is it worth playing TLOU Remastered if I've already played it on PS3?

Only if you really like the game. It's a case where the improved graphics just make the whole experience even better, but if you didn't care much in the first place then it's not going to change your mind.

Was he aware that Cormac helped in write TLOU? :lol

I would have played Mankind. People are far too sensitive. There are books and even some films that have gone beyond that. So what? For example: next time you see an Arab on the screen, see if he is either perverted, dumb, terrorist/evil, or all the above. Entertainment has a pretty good hold at racism and sexism.

But that's what it is....entertainment. it isn't like they are asking people that if that happened in real life, would you also participate? That's just me. I love TLOU because it has a truth to it that many try and be better than but arent.

I use to work at a gaming store and parents would be like that's too violent why are games like that, and then I hear the kid asking for a walking dead figure and the parents say okay and tthey proceed to take about the episode of which that figure was involved in. :slap :lol

A teaser is your choice for game of the year? Has 2014 sucked that bad for gaming?

While 2014 was not an overly great year for new IP, I really loved P.T. Its super short, granted, but big on imagination and I'm a huge fan of quality horror, so my decision was a no brainer.

Other GOTY contenders for me:

The Last of Us on PS4
GTAV (next gen)
Alien Isolation (this one almost got my vote, but in the end, it was too damn long, but I laugh hard when I think of IGN's 5.9 score. What a bunch of **** tards)

I believe it was a playable Demo as well

PT stands for "playable teaser". In this case, demo and teaser are the same thing. I thought it was an interesting demo, but it was really just a hallway with some nice graphical detail and atmosphere. Demo of the year maybe, but I wouldn't quite call it a game. From what I understand, the actual game wont even be first person. I assume is why they called it a teaser and instead demo...or not...I dont know. Picking this as game of the year is kinda like choosing a trailer for best movie of the year imo. No offense meant Matt.

PT stands for "playable teaser". In this case, demo and teaser are the same thing. I thought it was an interesting demo, but it was really just a hallway with some nice graphical detail and atmosphere. Demo of the year maybe, but I wouldn't quite call it a game. From what I understand, the actual game wont even be first person. I assume is why they called it a teaser and instead demo...or not...I dont know. Picking this as game of the year is kinda like choosing a trailer for best movie of the year imo. No offense meant Matt.

None taken. I agree this is not a full game, but its just my opinion, based on what I had most fun with.

If PT did not exist, I'd have voted Last of Us Ps4 for Goty - partly due to how awesome the mp is, and how many hours I've clocked in.

ok so for game of the year 2014:

In terms of games that were re-mastered for next gen consoles, I give the advantage to gta V (idk if these games will/should actually be considered)..I think tlou was the better game on ps3, but gta v has more improvements to the next gen jump than that or any of the other remastered games. For new games that were released this year, to me, its tough. There weren't many..smash bros wii u got a 9.8 from IGN, is critically acclaimed all around and is very fun..but is it a goty winner…mario kart 8 was a great game as well but its a cart racer at the end of the day…to me the question is if remastered games ARENT going to be included, then there isn't a clear cut number one or a select handful that are just standouts…(like last year)…next year, this certainly won't be the case, but for this year it was essentially uneventful. There are enjoyable games (like for me I've enjoyed advanced warfare and madden and a couple more), but none like gta/tlou, etc

Is it worth playing TLOU Remastered if I've already played it on PS3?
Yes if you haven't played left behind.

Dragon ages inquisition hands down. Almost 80 hours in just have story trophies and quartermaster then I'll start my nightmare run.iron bull banter is just gold with Sera and blackwall somethings I'd afk just to hear them talk. AI terrible running reaver tho...

List updated. Even though it's a playable demo, I also included P.T for Matt S, because it seems like a pretty unique experience.

In any case, what a slow year for gaming :lol. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Assassin's Creed: Unity.

I'm playing the new one and it wouldn't be that bad, if it weren't for of the glitches that make it unplayable in some parts. It's like Ubisoft isn't even trying these days. It's clear that they released a broken and unfinished game.

I'm playing the new one and it wouldn't be that bad, if it weren't for of the glitches that make it unplayable in some parts. It's like Ubisoft isn't even trying these days. It's clear that they released a broken and unfinished game.

Have you installed the ridiculous sized patch yet? I'm curious to hear if it really fixes all of the known problems. I really want to play this game, but I can wait a few more months until it's truly fixed (and cheap).

I’m playing child of light by Ubisoft game is good.

Have you installed the ridiculous sized patch yet? I'm curious to hear if it really fixes all of the known problems. I really want to play this game, but I can wait a few more months until it's truly fixed (and cheap).

Not as yet, because I'm playing it on PC and the patch should be released in a few days :lol. I read that the patch download is supposed to be 6.7 GB. But, Ubisoft mistakenly turned the Xbone version into a 40 GB file (where it re-downloaded the entire game).

Screwup means Assassin'''s Creed Unity'''s patch is the 40GB full game on Xbox One | Polygon

But, yeah, you should definitely wait this one out. There's definitely going to be a price drop by the time Ubisoft fixes all of their issues. I hope this serves as a good lesson to them, that they need to spend more time beta testing their triple-A titles, instead of rushing them out to meet a schedule.

I’m playing child of light by Ubisoft game is good.

I've been meaning to try that game out. Maybe it'll be free on PS Plus soon :lol.

Back