Zack Snyder's Justice League - what's your wish list?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With half the garbage spent with Netflix movies, WB should just give Snyder one last 4 hour movie to finish the story and be done with it. I don't think you need an entire movie for Knightmare, as cool as that would be. Spend 200mil and get 4 hours out of it. You could even cut it into 2 movies maybe since all you'll have with Knightmare is mostly green sceen.

So damn annoying when you hear Zacks idea + plans for an Atom movie in China, waaaay before the MCU did it.

WB, you are so damn STUPID !!!

If WB had just stuck with Zack in the first place, JL would have ?corrected the ship? for audiences and we would have got the Batfleck movie, AM2, Flash etc by now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With half the garbage spent with Netflix movies, WB should just give Snyder one last 4 hour movie to finish the story and be done with it. I don't think you need an entire movie for Knightmare, as cool as that would be. Spend 200mil and get 4 hours out of it. You could even cut it into 2 movies maybe since all you'll have with Knightmare is mostly green sceen.

Or as a mini series with 4 episodes or something for 2 seasons. It wouldn't really matter.

It is just staggering to believe that simply due to a couple of execs wanting to save face and not be proven wrong, they will deny hundreds of thousands of people & fans what they want, and at the same time win their good will (and not to mention the money they could make) by simply letting him finish it off.

I thought I had an ego !! F*#k me !!

For those hoping for an update at JusticeCon.

Jump forward to 58 minutes.

Sorry to be a downer on this but it's crystal clear that WB refuses to continue with this universe. And I think they intend to bury it with the Flash.

Evidently AT&T will not come to the rescue here by going against WB and continuing the saga as a miniseries. On April 22nd at the AT&T investors conference call I expect there will be no reveal of the number of views for ZSJL (which were probably phenomenal). And they will report the number of new HBO Max subscriptions for Q1 such that they'll claim it is attributable to Godzilla vs. Kong which also opened in March. But that will speak volumes: AT&T has sided with WB to end the Snyderverse.

It seems bizarre that, against WB Pictures wishes, HBO Max pushed for ZSJL to be completed, and they paid $70M for that, only for the short term gain of new subs leading up to it's release. No, I'm sure they intended to develop it into a two season miniseries (JL 2 and 3) after ZSJL released. But something happened to change that. Somehow WB won the internal war over this.

I know that, for me, it definitely sours my appetite in general for anything produced by WB. Like it actually ruins my ability to enjoy anything else that they're giving us instead. As for Hot Toys I'll get the Knightmare Batman/Black suit Superman two-pack and hopefully Cyborg will still be made, and I'll buy that as well. I'll buy the ZSJL 4K blu ray. But I'm actually going to walk away from consuming any DC characters for as long as WB persists with its current vision and approach. I won't be watching The Batman. Or the rest of the slate.

And unfortunately, that may include HBO Max as well. HBO Max did give us ZSJL. But they've also sided with WB in shutting down completion of Zack's five film saga... and other excellent films it could spin off... so I may not be able to enjoy their GL Corps show for example. Or the Abrams' Val Zod Superman movie. Etc.

I mean that's just me. Me not consuming their products won't affect or change anything at WB's or HBO Max's end. They'll just go about their business. I'm just saying that I won't be able to enjoy what they'll be offering.

Sorry to be a downer on this but it's crystal clear that WB refuses to continue with this universe. And I think they intend to bury it with the Flash.

Evidently AT&T will not come to the rescue here by going against WB and continuing the saga as a miniseries. On April 22nd at the AT&T investors conference call I expect there will be no reveal of the number of views for ZSJL (which were probably phenomenal). And they will report the number of new HBO Max subscriptions for Q1 such that they'll claim it is attributable to Godzilla vs. Kong which also opened in March. But that will speak volumes: AT&T has sided with WB to end the Snyderverse.

It seems bizarre that, against WB Pictures wishes, HBO Max pushed for ZSJL to be completed, and they paid $70M for that, only for the short term gain of new subs leading up to it's release. No, I'm sure they intended to develop it into a two season miniseries (JL 2 and 3) after ZSJL released. But something happened to change that. Somehow WB won the internal war over this.

I know that, for me, it definitely sours my appetite in general for anything produced by WB. Like it actually ruins my ability to enjoy anything else that they're giving us instead. As for Hot Toys I'll get the Knightmare Batman/Black suit Superman two-pack and hopefully Cyborg will still be made, and I'll buy that as well. I'll buy the ZSJL 4K blu ray. But I'm actually going to walk away from consuming any DC characters for as long as WB persists with its current vision and approach. I won't be watching The Batman. Or the rest of the slate.

And unfortunately, that may include HBO Max as well. HBO Max did give us ZSJL. But they've also sided with WB in shutting down completion of Zack's five film saga... and other excellent films it could spin off... so I may not be able to enjoy their GL Corps show for example. Or the Abrams' Val Zod Superman movie. Etc.

I mean that's just me. Me not consuming their products won't affect or change anything at WB's or HBO Max's end. They'll just go about their business. I'm just saying that I won't be able to enjoy what they'll be offering.

I totally agree with you here Alatar. When it's all boiled down, for me it is purely incomprehensible that WB will not give clearly a massive audience what they want and earn significant money from it, just because of a couple of egos. It's absurd !

Like you, I will be content with the Knightmare Batman + Superman and Cyborg. And will simply walk away from anything WB.

If it is clear from the AT&T investors call that they will not support then I will also cancel my Sky membership. (can't get HBO Max here).

I will however still participate in any Twitter or fan movement events to fight for JL2.

Should they have a change of plan later down the line, then I will re-subscribe and give them my money.

I consider that my "vote" in this situation.

I totally agree with you here Alatar. When it's all boiled down, for me it is purely incomprehensible that WB will not give clearly a massive audience what they want and earn significant money from it, just because of a couple of egos. It's absurd !

Like you, I will be content with the Knightmare Batman + Superman and Cyborg. And will simply walk away from anything WB.

If it is clear from the AT&T investors call that they will not support then I will also cancel my Sky membership. (can't get HBO Max here).

I will however still participate in any Twitter or fan movement events to fight for JL2.

Should they have a change of plan later down the line, then I will re-subscribe and give them my money.
Same here.. once they confirm they are leaving snyderverse, I would just cancel my HBOGO subscription..

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

One analysis I’m seeing put forth now among CBM sites and vloggers is that AT&T/HBO Max/WB Pictures feared that there would be no end to what the fans wanted, and would constantly be expressing, and then they’d have to constantly cater to the fandom’s demands. So they decided to set a limit.

That’s not what was going on at all and they know it. Fans supported one specific director in fulfilling his specific vision for a five film arc. There would obviously be limits and an end to that. The studio knows that. And those shilling for the studio know that.

Would they have asked for and campaigned for more? Like other films? Yeah, we’re already seeing that. Pandora’s Box has already been opened for that. But putting this back on the fandom as being like an unruly mob is ridiculous.

Well, once the info is revealed they'll see a lot of people cancelling their subs en masse.

I'll probably be one of them.
Honestly, there's zilch as far as original programming (presently and coming down the line) on HBO Max that's interesting enough for me to justify a subscription.
They're handling this platform about as well as they handled DC Universe.

One analysis I’m seeing put forth now among CBM sites and vloggers is that AT&T/HBO Max/WB Pictures feared that there would be no end to what the fans wanted, and would constantly be expressing, and then they’d have to constantly cater to the fandom’s demands. So they decided to set a limit.

That’s not what was going on at all and they know it. Fans supported one specific director in fulfilling his specific vision for a five film arc. There would obviously be limits and an end to that. The studio knows that. And those shilling for the studio know that.

Would they have asked for and campaigned for more? Like other films? Yeah, we’re already seeing that. Pandora’s Box has already been opened for that. But putting this back on the fandom as being like an unruly mob is ridiculous.

I could see this angle as well. Sure they want to be "masters of their domain" or ip, but it shows yet again their ego and pure disrespect for the fans. Any normal person would work with the fans, or understand what the fans want. Steer in that direction, in this case finishing off the 5 series arc. To be honest I don't think a lot of the fans want more than that.

But no, we stop it here because "we're wearing the pants here". You'll take what we give you, and you'll like it !

It's a joke really. In return the fans will fight harder. Talk about tone deaf.

I'll probably be one of them.
Honestly, there's zilch as far as original programming (presently and coming down the line) on HBO Max that's interesting enough for me to justify a subscription.
They're handling this platform about as well as they handled DC Universe.

We'll see how it goes come the conference call.

If I could have subscribed to HBO Max for ZSJL I would have, and if more DC content for exclusive distribution on the platform were announced I would have kept paying for it also.

But AT+T/HBOMax are incredibly short-sighted if they were one hundred percent funding ZSJL for increased viewership without the intent of creating more content in that world. Netflix took a long time to get where they are, their film offering was awful, and now that they continuously pump out great and original documentaries and shows with a better film line-up it's heads and shoulders above everything and the king of the castle.

I can't imagine that the family audience will go HBO, they're aligned to Disney and Netflix portfolios. And HBO isn't producing enough new and exclusive content for people to maintain their membership, so atm all they really have is an old catalogue of films with the new WB's releasing this year, but also releasing in widely opening up cinemas, which won't help them maintain their subscriptions.

The content they need is the ZSJL where the core fanbase will support it and help spread the word and let it germinate. If they don't have any more of these offerings they're going to dwindle and die in my opinion. Just not enough exclusive content to warrant repeat subscription. Because I sure as **** wouldn't subscribe to see Godzilla on a TV as a first-time watch.

That's why they spent all that money on stuff like Green Lantern, Constantine, the Batman spin-off and Peacemaker. That's in addition to new seasons of Harley Quinn, Doom Patrol and Titans.

They're continuing with exclusive DC programming, just not Snyderverse stuff, sounds like.

That's why they spent all that money on stuff like Green Lantern, Constantine, the Batman spin-off and Peacemaker. That's in addition to new seasons of Harley Quinn, Doom Patrol and Titans.

They're continuing with exclusive DC programming, just not Snyderverse stuff, sounds like.

Well good luck with them on that. The majority of people want to see the big players. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Darkseid, Joker. These are your big hitters which are all ready to go, with people wanting more. And I'm only talking 2 seasons here.

The larger audience doesn't care about the little stuff. It's go big or go home imo.

But you go make your Doom Patrol and Titans WB and see where you end up with people paying the most expensive monthly membership out there.

Well good luck with them on that. The majority of people want to see the big players. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Darkseid, Joker. These are your big hitters which are all ready to go, with people wanting more. And I'm only talking 2 seasons here.

And WB is doing stuff with them. Just not Snyder's version.

The larger audience doesn't care about the little stuff. It's go big or go home imo.

But you go make your Doom Patrol and Titans WB and see where you end up with people paying the most expensive monthly membership out there.

Titans actually does very well. It was the most popular original on DC Universe and does well on Max.

Ey9cnPGWUAEPdAZ

And of course they also have The Suicide Squad coming later this year.

As for supposed "little guys," we live in a world where Man of Steel was less popular than a movie about the Guardians of the Galaxy. If the audience likes the product, the popularity of the hero involved isn't a big deal. Green Lantern is also a pretty big deal.

I still wouldn't subscribe or stay subbed for stuff like Doom Patrol, Harley Quinn or Peacemaker.

The only show that would interest me is the Batman Gotham City one. I still think they would do well to appease the biggest fanbase likely to stick with them, which is the very big and vocal Snyderverse fanbase. But oh well, their loss.

I'm just happy we got to see ZSJL and that we got characters like Steppenwolf, Flash and Cyborg going from the absolute worst of the worst joke characters to some of the best with the most iconic superhero scenes in a film. I'm content with that if nothing else happens, as it was a stretch to even get it, but the fact that we got it and it was so much better and so good in its own rights, to not get a continuation of it will be a crying shame.

I still wouldn't subscribe or stay subbed for stuff like Doom Patrol, Harley Quinn or Peacemaker.

You also said you would never watch GVK, and yet it premiered to massive viewership and was a huge hit. It's fine if you don't care, but you're not the entire audience.

You also said you would never watch GVK, and yet it premiered to massive viewership and was a huge hit. It's fine if you don't care, but you're not the entire audience.

Nope, I'd choose to watch it in the cinema if I were to watch it, I didn't mean I'd never watch it.

I'd wager a vast majority of GvK's viewership were brought in from ZSJL. It'll be interesting to get viewing figures for their content a month or two down the line to see just as how well they'll look in comparison to GvK's, though. But more interesting still for that conference meeting.

Nope, I'd choose to watch it in the cinema if I were to watch it, I didn't mean I'd never watch it.

It's the same deal. You said you wouldn't watch it on Max. Clearly a great number did.

I'd wager a vast majority of GvK's viewership were brought in from ZSJL.

That's not how the viewership numbers are tallied.

It's the same deal. You said you wouldn't watch it on Max. Clearly a great number did.

That's not how the viewership numbers are tallied.

No, it isn't, but it will be a factor. Of course they'll have numerous data to conjugate and see how those viewing figures were achieved - such as what properties/film/programme is creating subscribers and what is retaining customers, what is doing both etc. what is benefitting from other shows.

I haven't got data, but I'd imagine ZSJL would have pulled in more subscribers than GvK, and I also would imagine if more content in the world of JL would be created more retention would happen. Now I could be wrong and more people could have signed up solely for GvK but I doubt it.

It's incredibly hard to come to a conclusion when you factor in the launch of HBO Max being the same time the announcement of ZSJL, so how many people signed up before the release of ZSJL because they were going to get it anyway and decided to stick with it until its released to see stuff like WW etc.

All I'm saying is they'd have a substantial fanbase that would be retained if more ZS content were announced. I can't for the life of me imagine that retention of those mass signups in the last month or two will hold, I'd wager their subscribers will fall quite a lot in the coming months - depending on how Covid goes with the opening of cinemas. i'm just not convinced GvK was a factor in subscribers, I think it benefitted from existing customers, existing customers pre-empting ZSJL and the myriad of subscribers signing up just for ZSJL amongst those using free trials etc. I don't think we'll see the true weight of it until Mortal Kombat is out, as both that and GvK are definitely films that those who subbed for ZSJL would want to watch, but because of their close proximity to its release it's hard to gauge their own merit of contribution to the service.

Anyway...

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse

Back