ZSJL “Knightmare” League - assembling the team

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alatar

Super Freak
Reaction score
There’s not a whole lot going on for Hot Toys DC figures for the time being. For now the only DC nerding out I’m able to do is to put together the Zack Snyder’s Justice League “Knightmare“ apocalyptic future team that Bruce experiences in his dream/vision at the end of the movie. It is a future that we are also shown in Cyborg’s vision when he enters the mother box.

This is a geek-out thread for collecting and displaying this motley crew of apocalyptic rebels and rogues. And for sharing and displaying about any accessories for this set of figures.

As Snyder has explained, the vision takes place in JL2 after Darkseid has returned to successfully conquer earth. Darkseid obtains the antilife equation which makes him unstoppable. Superman falls under Darkseid’s telepathic thrall after Lois dies (who Batman had sworn to protect). The dream shows us that Diana and Arthur are both killed. The fate of Martian Manhunter is unknown.

Snyder has said Batman devises a plan to steal one of the mother boxes, which will be used to send Barry back in time in order to prevent Lois from dying. Saving Lois will change the trajectory of the timeline such that Superman doesn’t succumb to the antilife equation, i.e., he remains good. That in turn leads to Darkseid’s defeat.

In Bruce’s dream we are shown the team that Batman has rounded up. Joker has been recruited in order to lead the heist. (Perhaps he has some inside information about how to get to get to it, or he provides something else essential to complete the mission?)

As to the figures… The heavy lifting has been done by Hot Toys for this team:

Superman

Hot Toys JL Superman has the heat vision head sculpt which is perfect for use with for evil Superman. JL Superman’s suit is however a bright blue that was intended for later down the line in the planned five film saga (probably JL3).

BvS Superman has the darker blue suit that is accurate to the movie. But the slightly paler skinned head sculpt for the laser eyes version might not pair perfectly if placed on BvS Superman. Also, there has been an issue of an orange-ish color bleeding through above the logo for some BvS figures.

Unknown what skin tone Black Suit Superman‘s (see below) heat vision head sculpt will have. But presumably it is just a reissue of JL Superman with the suit painted black.

Knightmare Batman

Hot Toys has already released Knightmare Batman from BvS. They are also reissuing Knightmare Batman via the ZSJL two-pack paired with Black Suit Superman. Slated for release Q3 2022.

Cyborg

HT is also making Cyborg. Slated for release Q4 2022.

Joker

Flash Point Studio is making “Doomsday Reveler.” FigureLo has also released “Zack’s Joker Doomsday Version.”

Flash

Flash Point Studio is also releasing “Lightning Man.”

Deathstroke

No third party company has yet announced they are making this figure.

Mera

No third party company has yet announced they are making this figure.

A9DD4407-297A-4DFB-A1DA-53855B3E9B17.jpeg

5EEE01A4-842A-4F4B-ABD2-269F46060A6D.jpeg

56C74904-6DB4-4EF9-9DF0-C9F76C7F703A.jpeg

46D9EBAB-7FB0-4041-A31F-F1A0B4545230.jpeg

8E759F83-A615-4FFE-9E0B-8DB2963756BD.jpeg

BE3EF4AF-D857-4BBA-8317-A3EC1A6DE15A.jpeg

5F81A9A1-069D-4B59-850A-339998C292D6.jpeg

4764D42F-755A-48DB-8EA4-D3D9802B5AAB.jpeg

8DF3D6CF-E4C0-43E3-8866-8C60E07D59D2.jpeg

Last edited:
I will probably end up displaying the five JL Members released so far with Martian Manhunter. I'll definitely display Knightmare Batman, Flash, and Joker together. I'll probably put Black Suit Superman with the Knightmare crew, not for accuracy, just because the pallet works. Cyborg is tough. The Knightmare vesion is just the regular version with a cloak, right? And a shoulder cannon I guess. He could pretty easily display with the main league or Knightmare. It's a little disappointing that HT didn't include the cloak. If anyone ever makes a JL Mera, I would hope that she would have accessories to get her ready for the Knightmare future.

I will probably end up displaying the five JL Members released so far with Martian Manhunter. I'll definitely display Knightmare Batman, Flash, and Joker together. I'll probably put Black Suit Superman with the Knightmare crew, not for accuracy, just because the pallet works. Cyborg is tough. The Knightmare vesion is just the regular version with a cloak, right? And a shoulder cannon I guess. He could pretty easily display with the main league or Knightmare. It's a little disappointing that HT didn't include the cloak. If anyone ever makes a JL Mera, I would hope that she would have accessories to get her ready for the Knightmare future.

Mera should definitely have the trident. And it looks like she’s carrying around a gas canister of what I would assume is water. Since Atlanteans have to stay connected to water in some way or they will die, right?

She probably uses hydrokenesis to suck the water out of parademons.

I trust that some third party company will make a movie accurate cloak for Cyborg. One could even commission that with an artist for a reasonable amount. Let’s hope a custom version of Cyborg’s machine gun arm shows up on eBay.

Last edited:
Dang posted this in the wrong thread a few days ago, lol. Oh well.

Soosoo hinting that they will be making Deathstroke, but some question about which version. Responses seems about roughly evenly divided between the version that shows up on Lex’s yacht, the Knightmare version, and the ask for both.

8FA88555-D4B3-41AC-A10E-128A4833E492.png

The suit for the Knightmare version is different than the one on the yacht.

14E67559-00B9-421D-A018-3E1B9AE9E9F6.jpeg

For some reason totally missed this thread Alatar. Now I'm tempted for Deathstroke. Have they said anything about a decision ?

Only thing is I have a space issue.....

For some reason totally missed this thread Alatar. Now I'm tempted for Deathstroke. Have they said anything about a decision ?

Only thing is I have a space issue.....

No, I don't think there's anything new on it yet. Best I can see they clearly signaled that they're interested in making one version of Deathstroke or the other, though. I.e., either per the scene on Luthor's yacht or the Knightmare future version. I'd prefer the latter in order to go with all the other Knightmare League figures.

Back