Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the thing though, is it a small minority? Go look at Gunns Instagram, not one person has anything positive to say. A ton of people are pissed about the Cavill situation, that’s literally every other comment lol.
People that care enough to post on James Gunn’s instagram are not representative of the general public.

People that know who James Gunn even is are not representative of the general public.

People that care enough to post on James Gunn’s instagram are not representative of the general public.

People that know who James Gunn even is are not representative of the general public.

I wouldn’t say that at all. He’s definitely made a name for himself with the guardians of the galaxy movies.

When I say “the general public” I mean the actual masses that make these movies hits. My mom, my nephews, friends that do not care who the director is. They don’t sell “James Gunn” action figures at the Disney store.

The more this argument keeps on the more it feels like Snyder fans are trying to fight a holy war, and the other side is content to just stay at home and wait for the movies to come out, and maybe go see them, if they are not too busy.

That’s the thing though, is it a small minority? Go look at Gunns Instagram, not one person has anything positive to say. A ton of people are pissed about the Cavill situation, that’s literally every other comment lol.
I’d argue half the animosity is sour grapes from the Snyder Camp and the other half’s Q-Anon morons who are like “he’s a PEDO” because he made some stupid jokes on Twitter.

Here’s my thing: I thoroughly enjoyed both Guardians films. I loved The Suicide Squad…and Peacemaker…and Super and I’ll concede that, yeah, dude has **** jokes and immature humor in his movies, but none of that’s why I have faith in him to deliver. It’s because I’ve never seen a movie of his that didn’t have heart. He took STARRO THE CONQUEROR, a character that’s been a joke for pretty much its entire history (lol. Remember when the Justice League fought a giant starfish?) and he not only made it seem downright formidable against The Suicide Squad, he made it straight up terrifying with some Cronenberg body horror and, more than that, he gave it genuine pathos as a misunderstood creature that was just reacting to the human cruelty inflicted on it.

Peacemaker takes that character and all of his ridiculous antics and tells a story of rebuilding your life and rewiring your brain/unlearning biases after decades of generational trauma. To me, to reduce that to “12-year old humor and **** jokes” is no different than the people who made a joke of the “Martha” moment in BvS. That’s why I have faith in him and want to see what he does with Superman and yeah, grievances and disagreements aside: I really, really like Henry Cavill and I’m still rooting for him to make a triumphant “No Way Home-esque” comeback in a future Crisis movie if this pans out/is a success.

When I say “the general public” I mean the actual masses that make these movies hits. My mom, my nephews, friends that do not care who the director is. They don’t sell “James Gunn” action figures at the Disney store.

The more this argument keeps on the more it feels like Snyder fans are trying to fight a holy war, and the other side is content to just stay at home and wait for the movies to come out, and maybe go see them, if they are not too busy.

They feel they are. They feel they are the majority, but they aren’t, social media isn’t the majority. Even people like us discussing it here aren’t he majority.

The majority are the people you described. And that’s where the real money is to be found.

They feel they are. They feel they are the majority, but they aren’t, social media isn’t the majority. Even people like us discussing it here aren’t he majority.

The majority are the people you described. And that’s where the real money is to be found.
A woman I've dated on and off: "Hey you wanna see Wakanda Forever next week?" -- I said no and she looked at me a little funny -- not because she was a qualified "fan" of the MCU (she is not) but because it was a big flashy popcorn movie with superheroes and she knew I liked superheroes. It never even occurred to her I'd be discerning about disposable entertainment.

People make back up accounts. It’s how all those hash tags are being made

I’d argue half the animosity is sour grapes from the Snyder Camp and the other half’s Q-Anon morons who are like “he’s a PEDO” because he made some stupid jokes on Twitter.

Here’s my thing: I thoroughly enjoyed both Guardians films. I loved The Suicide Squad…and Peacemaker…and Super and I’ll concede that, yeah, dude has **** jokes and immature humor in his movies, but none of that’s why I have faith in him to deliver. It’s because I’ve never seen a movie of his that didn’t have heart. He took STARRO THE CONQUEROR, a character that’s been a joke for pretty much its entire history (lol. Remember when the Justice League fought a giant starfish?) and he not only made it seem downright formidable against The Suicide Squad, he made it straight up terrifying with some Cronenberg body horror and, more than that, he gave it genuine pathos as a misunderstood creature that was just reacting to the human cruelty inflicted on it.

Peacemaker takes that character and all of his ridiculous antics and tells a story of rebuilding your life and rewiring your brain/unlearning biases after decades of generational trauma. To me, to reduce that to “12-year old humor and **** jokes” is no different than the people who made a joke of the “Martha” moment in BvS. That’s why I have faith in him and want to see what he does with Superman and yeah, grievances and disagreements aside: I really, really like Henry Cavill and I’m still rooting for him to make a triumphant “No Way Home-esque” comeback in a future Crisis movie if this pans out/is a success.

I know we’ve probably discussed this before but to call the stuff he said on Twitter just “stupid jokes” is definitely underplaying the whole situation. He’s said some very disgusting things in a non-joking manner so I completely understand why people would be upset. I’m always willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt and his apology and statement following did at least seem sincere.

I hated his suicide squad. His style of humor doesn’t mesh well at all. But the one bright spot to me was Jonn Cena as peacemaker, I have yet to watch that show but Im sure i will at some point.

The whole Cavill situation sucks. WB/James Gunn did him dirty. They shot themselves in the foot with that one.

No I get that. Even if half are fake that’s still a lot of people.
Rolling Stone put out an article saying that it was rigged by Snyder bots and that is why he won the fan favourite Oscars. It was estimated that 13% were bots

The Academy came out and defended the results and explained what they did to keep it as fair as possible. A lot of the Cinderella votes were fake and thrown out. They could have done the same with Snyders movie, especially as the whole point of it was so Spider-Man No Way Home could win something.

It was then shown that Rolling Stone itself had 25% of bots as followers.

Let's say we round up to 15% the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut event garnered over 680,000 genuine hashtags and the #RestoreTheSnyderVerse after the movie's release, 1.2 million, both on single events.

There seems to be a desperate need to make it appear smaller than it was.

It's not the state of it that is the issue of why people still talk about Snyderverse, it's the attachment people have to certain IPs and the eventual change in casting that happens as time goes on.

Adam West was THE Batman for generations, and everyone threw a fit over Keaton being the new Batman in the 80s. Then the movie was released, time went on and Keaton became THE Batman for many people and Kilmer, Clooney, Bale, and Affleck all got backlash over their casting, but now most of them are accepted by some as THEIR Batman.

Look at the constant comparisons to Christopher Reeves that MoS and Henry Cavil received. Then suddenly after people saw the movies and Cavil was Superman in a few movies, people now claim he is THE Superman.

Same example can be used on Tobey, Andrew, and Holland with Spiderman.

What we are seeing now is the same resistance to change from what was the Snyderverse, into whatever Gunn has planned.

People always hate changes in their IPs, until they see it, then suddenly the new actor is THE version of a character. As long as it is good, which we won't know till we actually see it.

All this noise from social media does nothing but cause problems with production. and causes execs to second guess the plans of the hired creators. A good example of that coincidently enough is the Snyderverse.
I'd say 90% of Snyder fans (myself included) would be fine with a change if only they'd have finished the arc with Cavill, Batfleck, Mamoa, Gadot, Miller etc.

That could have been done in as little as 2-3 films.

A Batfleck stand alone film to cover the backstory of what happened with Joker and Robin (as eluded to in the Knightmare scene. That and/or the Deathstroke Batman film.
JL 2+3 escape from the Knightmare universe and showdown with Darkseid

After that was done I'd be fine with a change. But WB squandered all that in the biggest fumbling of Comic Book movies during the best comic book movie hype period the world has ever seen.

I'd say 90% of Snyder fans (myself included) would be fine with a change if only they'd have finished the arc with Cavill, Batfleck, Mamoa, Gadot, Miller etc.

That could have been done in as little as 2-3 films.

A Batfleck stand alone film to cover the backstory of what happened with Joker and Robin (as eluded to in the Knightmare scene. That and/or the Deathstroke Batman film.
JL 2+3 escape from the Knightmare universe and showdown with Darkseid

After that was done I'd be fine with a change. But WB squandered all that in the biggest fumbling of Comic Book movies during the best comic book movie hype period the world has ever seen.

That's my point though. You aren't willing to let go cause you want a couple more movies. You don't think Reeves fans would of liked seeing more of him being Superman? Or the Andrew Garfield Spiderman fans getting their third film with him?

By your own admission WB already messed it up, the only people that will be interested in more Snyderverse is the small fan base. The GA have already forgotten the Snyder movies except for comments of "ugh I don't want to go through that again" (literal quote yesterday from co workers as we discussed Super Bowl commercials). The GA is where the money is at. It's time to move on to the next chapter and let them try again.

Let's say we round up to 15% the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut event garnered over 680,000 genuine hashtags and the #RestoreTheSnyderVerse after the movie's release, 1.2 million, both on single events.

There seems to be a desperate need to make it appear smaller than it was.

And while 1.2 million seems like a big number it's not for movie studios. If everyone of those 1.2 million paid 50.00 to see a restored Snyderverse it would only be 60 million dollars. That doesn't even pay for the movie to be made. Before you bring up repeat viewings, that is a diminishing return. Plus I was already assuming that whole number was paying 50 bucks to see a movie, which we all know full well they won't, some would just watch a bootleg of it online. They need to get the General Audience to watch to really make the big money, unfortunately that well is already tainted by their previous attempt.

Last edited:
This Flash movie feels like a strange clusterf—k of 1) ingredients that I’ll like including Batfleck, Zod & Faora, Miller’s performance as Barry 1 & 2, and Sasha Calle’s Supergirl, and 2) things I’ll dislike: the Keaton Batman reprise & killing off Cavill and the Snyderverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back