Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And while 1.2 million seems like a big number it's not for movie studios. If everyone of those 1.2 million paid 50.00 to see a restored Snyderverse it would only be 60 million dollars. That doesn't even pay for the movie to be made. Before you bring up repeat viewings, that is a diminishing return. Plus I was already assuming that whole number was paying 50 bucks to see a movie, which we all know full well they won't, some would just watch a bootleg of it online. They need to get the General Audience to watch to really make the big movie, unfortunately that well is already tainted by their previous attempt.
Tried telling them that. The GA is a huge part of where the money is. You can kick and scream all you want but all comes down to what the average Joe thinks sometimes and the casual fan

Tried telling them that. The GA is a huge part of where the money is. You can kick and scream all you want but all comes down to what the average Joe thinks sometimes and the casual fan

That goes back to my earlier post about the echo chamber us fans are in. We feel like our numbers are much bigger then they really are. Also because WB let Snyder complete the Snyder cut, many feel they can bully new movies out of them, but again that's not going to be the case. ZSJL came about because of a perfect storm of circumstances that allowed it to happen.

That goes back to my earlier post about the echo chamber us fans are in. We feel like our numbers are much bigger then they really are. Also because WB let Snyder complete the Snyder cut, many feel they can bully new movies out of them, but again that's not going to be the case. ZSJL came about because of a perfect storm of circumstances that allowed it to happen.
Which is why they shouldn’t have gave it to them. It was an ok movie but I knew they wouldn’t be satisfied with it once they got it. Now they have to restore the universe all of a sudden

That's my point though. You aren't willing to let go cause you want a couple more movies. You don't think Reeves fans would of liked seeing more of him being Superman? Or the Andrew Garfield Spiderman fans getting their third film with him?

By your own admission WB already messed it up, the only people that will be interested in more Snyderverse is the small fan base. The GA have already forgotten the Snyder movies except for comments of "ugh I don't want to go through that again" (literal quote yesterday from co workers as we discussed Super Bowl commercials). The GA is where the money is at. It's time to move on to the next chapter and let them try again.
Reeve didn't have a 5 movie arc written and planned for him. Not comparable.

And while 1.2 million seems like a big number it's not for movie studios. If everyone of those 1.2 million paid 50.00 to see a restored Snyderverse it would only be 60 million dollars. That doesn't even pay for the movie to be made. Before you bring up repeat viewings, that is a diminishing return. Plus I was already assuming that whole number was paying 50 bucks to see a movie, which we all know full well they won't, some would just watch a bootleg of it online. They need to get the General Audience to watch to really make the big money, unfortunately that well is already tainted by their previous attempt.
It's THE biggest trending number for a movie. I'm not saying it relates to sales. I'm simply stating it's a lot of actual people.

You said it's all fake, which it isn't.

You are not wrong here. That doesn't mean I have to support anything that they do next. I can vote with my wallet too.

Which is why they shouldn’t have gave it to them. It was an ok movie but I knew they wouldn’t be satisfied with it once they got it. Now they have to restore the universe all of a sudden
I think everyone knew that.
It showed a lot of people including doubters that he was going somewhere with it that more people wanted to see. The trending numbers doubled after it came out.

Reeve didn't have a 5 movie arc written and planned for him. Not comparable.
Actually it is, because it's what fans wanted, which is exactly what the Restore the Snyderverse movement is, something fans wanted.

There are lots of arcs and plans that get canceled due to poor box office, or missteps by the studio. Does Hollywood need to go back and fulfill their promise of a sequel to Buckaroo Banzai, or Doctor Detroit? I would of said History of the World Part 2, but I just saw we are actually getting that fairly soon on Hulu. The answer is no, there is no money in it for them. Time to move on as other fans in the past have done.

People that care enough to post on James Gunn’s instagram are not representative of the general public.

People that know who James Gunn even is are not representative of the general public.
And I feel like I'm repeating myself because I've said this in several threads now, but the people saying audiences won't accept a new Superman because they're pissed about Henry Cavill also kept claiming before last year that audiences wouldn't accept The Batman because it didn't star Ben Affleck or follow Snyder's planned arc for the character. That turned out to be bunk and now that movie's getting a sequel and an HBO Max spin-off.

Hell, take Superman out of the equation and I lived through the exact same situation when people claimed nobody would accept Affleck as Batman because the Christian Bale movies were still in recent memory. Or that nobody would accept Tom Holland as Spider-Man because he wasn't Andrew Garfield, just as there were fans arguing nobody would accept Andrew Garfield because he wasn't Tobey Maguire. Even back in the 1990s, I'm sure there was skepticism around Val Kilmer replacing Michael Keaton as Batman, and despite not being a particular great movie Batman Forever still made a ton of money and had the highest opening weekend of any Batman movie up to that point (and one of the highest ever for the time, even beating Jurassic Park).

These characters are, and will continue to be, bigger than any one actor or director.

It's THE biggest trending number for a movie. I'm not saying it relates to sales. I'm simply stating it's a lot of actual people.
But it doesn't actually mean anything at the end of the day. 1 million is a small number considering there are 3 billion on the planet.

You are not wrong here. That doesn't mean I have to support anything that they do next. I can vote with my wallet too.
You are right, you don't need to support it. But actively condemning it unseen because they didn't finish the project you wanted them to seems petty and a waste of time. They aren't going to change their plans because of it, and arguing with people online who are excited for the new project seems like it's just a attempt at just making other people feel bad for liking something you don't. It's the equivalent of hating your ex girlfriends new boyfriend when you have never met them, and trying to make all the mutual friends hate the new guy too. It's better to just let it go and never think about her again.

Actually it is, because it's what fans wanted, which is exactly what the Restore the Snyderverse movement is, something fans wanted.

There are lots of arcs and plans that get canceled due to poor box office, or missteps by the studio. Does Hollywood need to go back and fulfill their promise of a sequel to Buckaroo Banzai, or Doctor Detroit? I would of said History of the World Part 2, but I just saw we are actually getting that fairly soon on Hulu. The answer is no, there is no money in it for them. Time to move on as other fans in the past have done.
The irony that you put down my comparison with two, day and date r-rated movies released within months even though horror normally does worse but this comparison you just threw together is fine because it suits you.

The first 4 movies under Snyder averaged 800 million. Nothing like Buckeroo Banzai

But it doesn't actually mean anything at the end of the day. 1 million is a small number considering there are 3 billion on the planet.
If it is the biggest trend ever for a movie that isn't small. It's massive. The amount of people on the planet is irrelevant.

Where do you get 3 billion from?

You are right, you don't need to support it. But actively condemning it unseen because they didn't finish the project you wanted them to seems petty and a waste of time. They aren't going to change their plans because of it, and arguing with people online who are excited for the new project seems like it's just a attempt at just making other people feel bad for liking something you don't. It's the equivalent of hating your ex girlfriends new boyfriend when you have never met them, and trying to make all the mutual friends hate the new guy too. It's better to just let it go and never think about her again.
I'm not basing it on nothing though. It's possible Gunn's version could come and be great. Currently though if I look at based on what Gunn has made so far it is going to be bloody terrible.
I went to watch The Batman in IMAX opening weekend, took my eldest son with me. It was so exceedingly average. Inconsistent with a stupid Batamn, not for me.

If it is the biggest trend ever for a movie that isn't small. It's massive. The amount of people on the planet is irrelevant.

Where do you get 3 billion from?
I did a simple search and pulled the number. 3 is actually a low number and giving you the benefit, I went with it. 1 million isn't massive, its small potatoes. You can disagree, but it doesnt change the fact that if it was a big as you are saying, we would have Snyderverse movies, instead of a reboot.

The irony that you put down my comparison with two, day and date r-rated movies released within months even though horror normally does worse but this comparison you just threw together is fine because it suits you.
Attacking my comparison does not discount the point. There is no money to be made in going back to a failed project even if there was a promise of more stories.

There are many IPs that had fans that were left hanging, are you expecting Hollywood to go back and fulfill those unfulfilled promises?

The first 4 movies under Snyder averaged 800 million. Nothing like Buckeroo Banzai
https://www.bing.com/search?q=HOW+M...19304812AB079701D50C3938&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=
https://www.bing.com/search?q=HOW+M...CE4449408B10B59FA0910EE9&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=
https://www.bing.com/search?q=HOW+M...4B5A434BB1A674FC768C0E30&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=
https://www.bing.com/search?q=HOW+M...E5C24A14A6F94395B31D0C6E&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=

And together those four movies cost a estimated 975 million dollars. That is a LOSS of money for the studio. a 100 million dollar loss.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=how+m...=edge..69i57j0l8.8813j0j9&FORM=ANAB01&PC=U531
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl2856945153/weekend/

Conversely since you tried to use Buckaroo Banzai as a "dig" on my argument. Bucakroo Banzai cost about 7million to make and only made a little over 6 million.

Looking at the numbers even though both are failures in the eyes of the Studio. The Snyderverse is the bigger failure with over 100million lost then Buckaroo Banzai at less then a million lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back