Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Axe Woves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could care less about the missing head sculpt. I can barely remember what this guy looks like anyway.

He sat out all the action.

Literally. :lol

This-Is-t.jpg

I know it's show-accurate, but argh, that same armor with all the exact same dents again...

Preordered this guy as he's relatively inexpensive. Will probably pick up Koska too, but I'm going to want some rewards points to mature first. SSC could help that along by giving us Tython Fett Deluxe and Jango, at least.

As a member of Clan Kryze™ led by the legendary Mandalorian Bo-Katan™, Axe Woves™ fights alongside her and Koska Reeves™ in their quest to regain control of Mandalore™. During their mission on the planet of Trask™, they proved to be a formidable team fighting together with Din Djarin™ to seize the Imperial cruiser.
Expanding the popular The Mandalorian™ collectible series, Hot Toys is pleased to present the 1/6th scale Axe Woves™ collectible figures inspired by the acclaimed Lucasfilm series!
The Axe Woves™ collectible figure features a detailed Mandalorian helmet and armor with weathering effects, skillfully tailored under-suit, a jetpack with booster fire effects, a blaster pistol, a themed display stand!
Complete your Nite Owls™ team by adding the Axe Woves™ collectible figure in your collection!

View attachment 558619

View attachment 558620
Did HT forget the actor had took off his helmet a lot in the episode. Wonder why he couldn’t give likeness rights to them

Did HT forget the actor had took off his helmet a lot in the episode. Wonder why he couldn’t give likeness rights to them
The character being as minor as he is, they'll undoubtedly sell more of him as a relatively inexpensive (and cheap for them to retool) army builder than they would if he included the head and cost $270. Nobody really wants an Axe Woves except to complete the set, so keeping him cheap was smart I think. Koska's a minor character too but played a larger role and was part of the season finale.

The character being as minor as he is, they'll undoubtedly sell more of him as a relatively inexpensive (and cheap for them to retool) army builder than they would if he included the head and cost $270. Nobody really wants an Axe Woves except to complete the set, so keeping him cheap was smart I think. Koska's a minor character too but played a larger role and was part of the season finale.

That's the thing though, nobody wants him except to complete the set...of three characters who routinely took their helmets off.

Koska was a day one preorder for me, and although my plan was always to get the trio with Koska, Bo, and, Axe, I may hold out on Axe until they thin out that helmet stripe and move it down closer to the brow where it belongs, and give him a head sculpt. In other words, I may not be getting him after all. But I skipped Death Watch Mando in favor of getting Axe once he was announced, so the idea of holding out on Axe is subject to change! 🤣

3E1EF77C-CB30-4717-B0BD-BBF352318DD4.jpeg
398DE450-60EC-49C0-9871-3743F99ECC4A.jpeg

The thing which disturbs me the most with this figure/costume, is his bib. Like, why?

Din Djarin has a similar piece but it goes under the vest. Axe has it over the vest and directly under the chest plate.

It's not that noticeable in the episode because of the lighting, but it's a bit more noticeable and a little awkward looking on the figure from certain angles.

I still like his armor, though I think it'd be a bit cleaner without that piece like the Death Watch Mandalorians. But it adds more variety so I don't mind.

Koska was a day one preorder for me, and although my plan was always to get the trio with Koska, Bo, and, Axe, I may hold out on Axe until they thin out that helmet stripe and move it down closer to the brow where it belongs, and give him a head sculpt. In other words, I may not be getting him after all. But I skipped Death Watch Mando in favor of getting Axe once he was announced, so the idea of holding out on Axe is subject to change! 🤣

I don't think those things are going to change, but I'd still get him. It's better to have an imperfect figure that completes a set up than not having a figure at all. And they at least priced the figure accordingly instead of trying to get away with a higher price for it.

You don't want to look at Bo-Katan and Koska down the road and regret passing on Axe, then contemplate paying even more for a figure you weren't super enthused about paying retail for.

Back