Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new main 1/6 interest is WWII, which I'm finding a lot more involving.

It isn't much fun at all. :lol

There's only a tiny fraction of the forum that does interest me. I barely look at any Star Wars threads now.
Asta, I’m looking for a german soldier, 44-45’ GD with an STG44 or MBK42. What to get? What manufacturers are the best currently, of any WWII figures?

Asta, I’m looking for a german soldier, 44-45’ GD with an STG44 or MBK42. What to get? What manufacturers are the best currently, of any WWII figures?

By GD do you mean Großdeutschland? I don't know of any particular figures, but it just brought back memories of Guy Sajer's The Forgotten Soldier.

In general I think Dragon in Dreams (DID) is still the top company. They seem to be going head to head with Facepool at the moment.

I like Ujindou too. They did an LSSAH with an StG 44 a little while back.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
By GD do you mean Großdeutschland? I don't know of any particular figures, but it just brought back memories of Guy Sajer's The Forgotten Soldier.

In general I think Dragon in Dreams (DID) is still the top company. They seem to be going head to head with Facepool at the moment.

I like Ujindou too. They did an LSSAH with an StG 44 a little while back.

Spoiler Spoiler:
thanks! Been looking at DID recent years, interesting products but not sure about their bodies, certainly not HT quality… Is it a lot of DIY steps to make it proper?

Sorry, but that figure just look awful, think it’s due to the fur hat. Why is the green camouflage so vibrant, is that accurate to the time period?

thanks! Been looking at DID recent years, interesting products but not sure about their bodies, certainly not HT quality… Is it a lot of DIY steps to make it proper?

I like their new 'Advanced' bodies. There's a couple of photos of them in this thread:

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/1-6-did-d80159-heer-infantry-oberleutnant-winter.248030/

Sorry, but that figure just look awful, think it’s due to the fur hat. Why is the green camouflage so vibrant, is that accurate to the time period?

I didn't get him but there's a thread for him here:

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...an-lssah-division-hungary-1945-ud9010.247347/

Bought this figure on a whim because he was available at such a great price...and I have to say, as someone who's never been a boba fan, he's one of my most fav figures in the collection.

Even with a basic arms-to-side pose, he has such a presence. The overall craftsmanship and especially, the weathering & paint apps is top notch. And it's really nice to have a little diorama base for the price of asking, considering the current HT trend of charging extra for dio stands. Pictures, esp. proto pics which make the weathering look like pigeon droppings, definitely do not do this figure justice!

IMG_5771.jpg

Y'all I deconstructed about six HT boxes today; one of them was the Fett Deluxe box. I ended up putting my Deluxe odds and ends into the Throne Fett box; plenty of room in there. Why did I need two boxes, for similar releases? And both boxes were very big.

It was a bit stressy and depressy, I really did not want to render those boxes down. [Could have sold them, but what a huge hassle.] I did keep those box art-inserts if the box had them. I bagged and labelled everything by figure.

Husband: How many of these damn boxes do you have? Wow.

Me: Way too many. Closet's getting too full, hence all this [gestures at boxes and empty clamshell inserts]. Man, this sucks. I hate doing this.

Husband: Why?

Me: Because these boxes are pretty and I dont want to not have them anymore.

Husband: Do you collect figures, or do you collect boxes?

...And yup, he's right. I did laugh a bit and told him that yes, some people do collect the boxes for their own sake and shipper boxes, too.

I just went through the same process about 2 months ago. The boxes were taking up over 1/4 of my garage but it felt like I would be throwing away money disposing of them. In the end though I realized I would never go though the hassle of selling the boxes alone and I would never sell a figure even if it became outdated.

So I ripped off the bandage and broke them all down. The pile of clamshells was massive. It looked somewhat like the Joker's pile of money all stacked up (there was a part of me that wanted to torch it with gasoline too). It took until the end of last month for me to get rid of it all through trash/recycle.

It was painful at first but worth it in the end. No regrets. Now to start breaking down and eliminating the boxes I collected in the last two months <sigh>.

Now to start breaking down and eliminating the boxes I collected in the last two months <sigh>.

I have the same problem! I have four or five that are just too new to touch. Clone trooper box, Echo's box, Hunter's box, Vaughn's box, I cant remember which others. I need to toss my Sideshow Mythos Fett's box, that's an older box. I cant do it! I cant bear to do it.

Yet.

Y'all I deconstructed about six HT boxes today; one of them was the Fett Deluxe box. I ended up putting my Deluxe odds and ends into the Throne Fett box; plenty of room in there. Why did I need two boxes, for similar releases? And both boxes were very big.

It was a bit stressy and depressy, I really did not want to render those boxes down. [Could have sold them, but what a huge hassle.] I did keep those box art-inserts if the box had them. I bagged and labelled everything by figure.

Husband: How many of these damn boxes do you have? Wow.

Me: Way too many. Closet's getting too full, hence all this [gestures at boxes and empty clamshell inserts]. Man, this sucks. I hate doing this.

Husband: Why?

Me: Because these boxes are pretty and I dont want to not have them anymore.

Husband: Do you collect figures, or do you collect boxes?

...And yup, he's right. I did laugh a bit and told him that yes, some people do collect the boxes for their own sake and shipper boxes, too.

I love the boxes. And I love shipper boxes. I have a shipper for every box I have.

But there will also come a time where I more than likely will get rid of both. They just take up too much space.

I may sell the packaging or even just the shipper at a low cost here since people still look for the shippers. But I'll probably only do it if people buy several at a time because I'm not going to individually ship that many shippers all over the US. Like you said, it is a hassle.

But good on you for getting rid of the boxes. Takes conviction. I asked about it in a thread I made a while ago and it's not an easy thing for most people to do.

At the end of the day, we do collect figures and not boxes. Your husband is right. The boxes are arguably part of the collectible as a whole, but not a part of the figure itself.

I wouldn't be able to get rid of my boxes... yet. I can't display all my figures at once, so I tend to rotate the displays 2-3 times a year. The best place for figures that aren't on display is in their sturdy, protective boxes. Not to mention if I move some day, I'll be glad to have them. They do take up way too much space though....

I wouldn't be able to get rid of my boxes... yet. I can't display all my figures at once, so I tend to rotate the displays 2-3 times a year. The best place for figures that aren't on display is in their sturdy, protective boxes. Not to mention if I move some day, I'll be glad to have them. They do take up way too much space though....
Yeah I’m thinking of moving to have more space for my figures and boxes. Either that or extension building. Been collecting hot toys about 5yrs+ now and they stack up quickly. 6 detolfs in the smallest room in the house doesn’t do them justice.

Man I only just caved and tossed all the shipper boxes. I just can’t do it with the art boxes. I have plenty of space … nervous lol

Isn't tossing the shipper boxes but keeping the art boxes intact like a near net zero gain in the amount of space saved? :lol

The shipper box around the art box makes it much bigger by dimension.

Sounds like you don't really have a problem with space yet either way. Worst case scenario, if you like the art boxes then you could just toss out the plastic trays and flatten them down.

Back