Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got her in, after final payoff and that *irresistible* deal back when. Hadn't planned on her (budget) but overall first look - day-um, IMO this is a great fig, thanks to the colors, multiple seam details - I think it's a great head sculpt/paint job, real purty in hand. That helmet makes it (y) :love

I've read and watched reviews - for me no regrets; any limitations - well, I tend to come up with a display and figs stay that way awhile. For me this is a classic look for Bo whatever the series may come up with later (since I liked Rebels a lot as well).

Feel like I got my money's worth(y)

Third Attempted at Bo Katan rooted hair
Think this is my best one so far
IMG_6367.jpeg

Image.jpeg

IMG_6355.jpeg

HOT WATER, pour directly over the head. Let air dry. Repeat as needed.

Preferably do this BEFORE you cut the hair next time, the weight of the uncut hair helps flatten it further.

Body swap successful. Worldbox AT03 with D chest is a perfect fit. I like the proportions a whole lot more. Overall it is a little shorter, like half a centimeter, which shows in the leg area, you have to pull the knee pads a bit higher to compensate, but it's looking very good nonetheless.

Head peg is still an issue, right now the sculpt is sitting on blu tack (probably needs to be a little higher). I sanded a little bit the pegs on the spare black hot toys handpegs and shoved them in the Worldbox arms. I guess you can get the same result by applying heat. I didn't bother with the boot pegs, as the stand provide enough stability as it is.

IMG_7772.jpeg
IMG_7774.jpg
IMG_7773.jpg

IMG_7775.jpg
IMG_7776.jpg

IMG_7780.jpeg
IMG_7778.jpg

Body swap successful. Worldbox AT03 with D chest is a perfect fit. I like the proportions a whole lot more. Overall it is a little shorter, like half a centimeter, which shows in the leg area, you have to pull the knee pads a bit higher to compensate, but it's looking very good nonetheless.

Head peg is still an issue, right now the sculpt is sitting on blu tack (probably needs to be a little higher). I sanded a little bit the pegs on the spare black hot toys handpegs and shoved them in the Worldbox arms. I guess you can get the same result by applying heat. I didn't bother with the boot pegs, as the stand provide enough stability as it is

View attachment 692156
How tall is she next to Mando?

Yeah I did all that and it improve it little bit View attachment 687105

You both did excellent jobs with the rooted hair. However, it just shows how much Hot Toys needs to release a 2.0 version with rooted hair and a much needed improved sculpt. The present one can pass for a male sculpt and only resembles her. It's not up to par with Hot Toys' recent releases. I haven't gotten this character yet, holding out for an improved version. I have Mando, Boba, and Fennec. Rolling eyes would be a bonus, but not needed, especially since the rest of the Mando crew don't have them. Although Hot Toys may still do it.

You both did excellent jobs with the rooted hair. However, it just shows how much Hot Toys needs to release a 2.0 version with rooted hair and a much needed improved sculpt. The present one can pass for a male sculpt and only resembles her. It's not up to par with Hot Toys' recent releases. I haven't gotten this character yet, holding out for an improved version. I have Mando, Boba, and Fennec. Rolling eyes would be a bonus, but not needed, especially since the rest of the Mando crew don't have them. Although Hot Toys may still do it.
Never know with the movie of what suppose to be Season 4, they might make 2.0 of Bo Katan.

Just got my Bo-Katan. Great figure. Hate the fact that it only comes with the pesky flight stand. Right, now to trawl through 116 pages to see how to move and not break the extra-stiff joints.

I just buy it only b/c it's was super cheap... so, with which body I can fix it? I really like to actually pose my figures =(

Back