Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always wonder why people in American tv shows wear so many layers. I’ve decided it must be how prevalent AC is in the US. People indoors would be freezing otherwise. I’m guessing this is the same thing. A freezing cold shooting stage and multiple layers.
Tell that to The Walking Dead cast.
Running around in the Georgia heat wearing jeans, heavy boots, leather jackets, body armour, ponchos etc.

Running around in the Georgia heat wearing jeans, heavy boots, leather jackets, body armour, ponchos etc.
Yeah. I’m from Scotland where the hottest it has ever gotten(That I have personally observed), was 31°c(And that was a few years ago). And this year, high was about 19°c in the summer.
Most of the time, watching American tv shows where I know in my head that it must be blisteringly hot, part of me imagines it’s similar to here. But I know from experience most places in America in the summer are like standing in a blast furnace compared to Scotland.
And of course, I didn’t mean to generalise. But any time I have visited the US, it’s always a juggling act making sure I am wearing enough clothing for the places with freezing cold AC, and the times we will be walking outside, from a freezing car to a freezing building.

You'd actually be surprised how often they said they were freezing on set. I know the heat was a major factor in some shoots, but a lot of them have said the night shoots, particularly the famous "Here's Negan" scene, were really cold.

As the Ahsoka release train keeps chugging along, I believe more and more that the rooted hair 2.0 tease isn't going to happen. I may snag a second one of these on the cheap to display helmeted with the swap out shoulder armorer coming with IG-12.

-James

Is hot toys going to do any more rooted figures that arent artisin editions? It still seems like a 50/50 release possibility because hot toys are very unpredictable. Just look at figures like Ripley and Batgirl

Is hot toys going to do any more rooted figures that arent artisin editions? It still seems like a 50/50 release possibility because hot toys are very unpredictable. Just look at figures like Ripley and Batgirl

Well with how much of a cluster Anakin's release was at SS, if they do release Bo 2.0 as an Artisan... I likely would miss out on it too.

Well with how much of a cluster Anakin's release was at SS, if they do release Bo 2.0 as an Artisan... I likely would miss out on it too.
Personally this sculpt looks really good already looking at what some of the commissioned rootings look like, the rooted hair really elevates this sculpt from what ive seen (although i dont have the figure in hand right now). I think a good route would be getting on the schedule with one of them.
The AmazingDeal coupon seems to still be working for 35% off too

One of the velcro straps remained attached to the suit. What glue should I use to reattach it to the thigh guard without melting the plastic?

15038732-ECDD-4EE6-A0AB-D2F8C3495FB5.jpeg

One of the velcro straps remained attached to the suit. What glue should I use to reattach it to the thigh guard without melting the plastic?
I like E-6000 tho super glu should work. The thing is, and this horrifies collectors, get in there with a knife or other - coarse sand paper - and scratch up the surfaces you are gluing together. New glue on top of old doesn't make a strong bond. The scratches give a surface "tooth" for the new glue to grab onto.

If u can gently clamp with a padded clothespin as the new glue dries, even better. Glues work better under pressure.

Agree. A Gorilla Gel Super glue works well in these situations and prepping the surface will ensure you don’t have the same issue again. Not a big deal really.
The 2part epoxy is also a good choice.
There’s nothing special about how they attached the hook&loop patches tbh. Don’t over think it.

I like E-6000 tho super glu should work. The thing is, and this horrifies collectors, get in there with a knife or other - coarse sand paper - and scratch up the surfaces you are gluing together. New glue on top of old doesn't make a strong bond. The scratches give a surface "tooth" for the new glue to grab onto.

If u can gently clamp with a padded clothespin as the new glue dries, even better. Glues work better under pressure.

This man Glues. *helmet nod*

This man Glues. *helmet nod*
This man is lazy and only wants to do a repair ONCE.:lol

This man hopes to pay off this lady soon and get her shipped $$$$. But this man is very mildly annoyed as usual of seeing figs on sale that might've paid full price for. :slap

Maybe. I'd have to work to go check and see what figs I had FOMO over. 😁

I've been catching up on this release, with it on sale I might be able to get one with my reward points and payment plan. I know the body is terrible and the suit is easy to remove, other than Phicien (I don't want to use that here) , what body would people recommend to replace this with?

Back