Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Axe Woves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think those things are going to change, but I'd still get him. It's better to have an imperfect figure that completes a set up than not having a figure at all. And they at least priced the figure accordingly instead of trying to get away with a higher price for it.

You don't want to look at Bo-Katan and Koska down the road and regret passing on Axe, then contemplate paying even more for a figure you weren't super enthused about paying retail for.

Ordered! God help me…. 🤦‍♂️

Ordered! God help me…. 🤦‍♂️

QG.jpg

Qui-Gon Jinn would be proud.

Will probably buy Axe but not sure how it will all work as a display.

Would be a crime to not display that Sasha sculpt so Koska will be without her helmet. Axe we get no choice which just leaves Bo.

Which would look less odd, Koska the only one without her helmet or Axe the only one wearing a helmet? 🙄

I know some people aren't getting Axe because of his similarity to Death Watch. But Axe's armor looks a lot cooler than the DW figure.

I know some people aren't getting Axe because of his similarity to Death Watch. But Axe's armor looks a lot cooler than the DW figure.

Agreed. I’d even say vastly superior too if it wasn’t for that silly ring on his head. They really couldn’t be bothered with giving him a slightly cooler design?:lol

Love Koska boot spats !! Well both of them actually. A cool difference.

I'm the same as many of you. I'll wait Axe out and see if he's up for a discount at some point on release. The one picture that sticks in my mind is how good they look with Bo Katan out front with these two behind her. Makes for an impressive look in the display vs just Bo and Koska.

I think HT are killing their own sales on this guy by not including a headsculpt (for whatever reason), the guy shared it on his Instagram it's not like he's against the figure or anything.

Just a strange move because if you want to recreate this scene in your display Axe will just be awkwardly standing with his helmet on.

1643321683776.png

I think HT are killing their own sales on this guy by not including a headsculpt (for whatever reason), the guy shared it on his Instagram it's not like he's against the figure or anything.

Just a strange move because if you want to recreate this scene in your display Axe will just be awkwardly standing with his helmet on.

View attachment 558953

I'm putting helmets on all of them. Have to with Axe, no chance Bro Katan leaves the box, which makes putting the helmet on Reeves an easy choice despite a good sculpt.

I'm considering cancelling my Deathwatch figure an ordering this because it's an actual character vs. a generic Mandalorian. However, I'm not crazy about the ring around his helmet. It's too bad they didn't offer a portrait. I know it would have increased the price, but would have made a difference. One thought that occurred to me is that it's possible the actor is being recast for the series and Disney told HT not to worry about a head sculpt. I think the guy had a total of maybe 2 minutes of screen time without a helmet, and I can't even recall if he even had any lines, so recasting or replacing the character wouldn't be a shock.

Back