Death Note Netflix Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't take the bait. It's getting crucified with the reviews :lol

As it should. This is Avatar level bad. Not so much as DBE level bad but still very bad.

Spoilers!!!

It's a shame they wasted Dafoe and an amazing Ryuk design on this movie. L was good. AT FIRST. Then he completely loses his **** toward the end and chases light with a gun. um what? He also threatens him in his house. Light is such an idiot. Completely cringeworthy material. The guy shows the death note to a girl to have sex with her and I guess that gets her hot and they become a couple. He searches on Wiki to find the Kira name aswell. This movie was just bad american adaption written all over it. Light didn't even try to hide the fact that he was Kira.
The anime is an amzing game of wits. A game of cat and mouse. No other death gods were present either. holy crap what a mess.

Another bad adaption added to the live action anime list. I don't know what's so hard about getting anime and video games right. the story is literally written for them. I fear for naruto. They are gonna put him in highschool like Goku.

****, this is so removed from the manga. Why the **** is every rule of the book's power already in the book? Light had to figure out the bulk of that on his own.

He doesn't even try to hide it either. No desk explosion thingy or anything. He and that girl just write **** down wherever they are like it's nothing and talk about it openly like idiots.
Also if that girl is supposed to be Misa then wow. They made her some crazy chick who bullied Light into using the book. just...... wow. I could go on man.

9.5/10.

Wingard delivers a deliciously 80s take on the anime filled with superb style and gravitas. The actors are fantastic, each with his/her own unique cadence. Short Term 12 Lakeith Stanfield steals the show with his super eccentric "L" detective. Wolff is also great, constantly emoting and inundating every frame with a performance both cerebral and physical. Dafoe is AWESOME as the Death God. ****ing awesome.

The pacing and storytelling kept me engaged and never lost me. Once I reached the climax, I realized I was completely engrossed in the world Wingard crafted. The chase between Light and "L" is ****ing gold.

Tattersall's cinematography is again a massive throwback to movies from Wingard's fav decade. Lots of contrast and artificial light piercing through the night. The Homecoming dance was wonderfully morbid.

The music is intoxicating, which is a key component in Wingard's style (The Guest was filled with equally delicious tracks).

This is a ****ing great Death Note adaptation and one I could easily picture coming out in '87.

2Pd93kP.gif

Don't take the bait. It's getting crucified with the reviews :lol

Which reviews? The ones by moron blogger critics or the ones by hilarious anime fans who hate the fact that their precious childhood show has been adapted to fit contemporary American culture?

Which reviews? The ones by moron blogger critics or the ones by hilarious anime fans who hate the fact that their precious childhood show has been adapted to fit contemporary American culture?

Well if your gonna do an ADAPTION then you adapt the material well. Also American culture? We don't have cold calculating genius kids who would have a God complex if they got the Death Note here in america? So I guess being a cliche bullied edgy teen is the standard in America? K.

:lol your fake review is about as false as your dumb Brogan's masterpiece title, which is the only reason you're in here piping this up because you're still reeling from that.

But contemporary US culture sucks ****in' ass. You're not makin' any sense. :dunno

Yeah and if there was any truth of that they would of made Light the full cuck they intended and he would of let Antifa L **** Misa in front of him. Anyone that thinks there's anything to find in this POS either didn't read the manga, or just didn't understand it from the get go. The themes of the story are very clear as well as the personalities of the characters. Deviating from that just makes it Death Note in name only, which is clearly what SJW Netflix was trying to do.

:lol your fake review is about as false as your dumb Brogan's masterpiece title, which is the only reason you're in here piping this up because you're still reeling from that.

I honestly don't understand him. One hand he says it's a great adaption to the source then he says he's glad it changed to fit american culture. I think Snikt just like's to stick up for the little guy. Seems like when something is being bashed beyond belief he sticks up for it.

Anyone that thinks there's anything to find in this POS either didn't read the manga, or just didn't understand it from the get go.

**** the manga. This isn't the manga, broski. And I got bad news for ya: it's really ****ing good.

Don't let that ruin your life though. You can always just watch the anime or read the manga.

I honestly don't understand him. One hand he says it's a great adaption to the source then he says he's glad it changed to fit american culture. I think Snikt just like's to stick up for the little guy. Seems like when something is being bashed beyond belief he sticks up for it.

He's still going through menopause over my Brogan comments from months ago :lol

**** the manga. This isn't the manga, broski. And I got bad news for ya: it's really ****ing good.

Don't let that ruin your life though. You can always just watch the anime or read the manga.

Lol o man. No it's not the manga but it is an adaption and as an adaption it should respect the source material and get certain elements right. if you adapt something then naturally you should TRY to get things right. If you aren't then just make another movie. Simple.

If they made Wolverine some buff woman in logan who has to get to Mexico cause her cousin is in the hospital would you say "**** the comic this isn't the comic" No you wouldn't.

Is Kubrick's The Shining a ripped from the page adaptation of King's novel? No. Is it a great movie? Yes.

The End

Is Logan ripped page for page of the comic? No. Is it a great movie? No :lol the comic wasn't even anything special.

My girlfriend and I just just watched it earlier today, aside from William DaFoe's preformance, it's a steaming pile of hobo crap. Terrible all around, I'll happily stick with the anime.

Never saw or read anything before this movie. I thought it was great. If you don't bring your baggage to the movie, you would enjoy it. You didn't like it, so be it.

Never saw or read anything before this movie. I thought it was great. If you don't bring your baggage to the movie, you would enjoy it. You didn't like it, so be it.

Nice to see common sense join me in this thread.

Back