Death Note Netflix Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uZkEJLQ.jpg

Death Nose

vs.

Antifa

PSCqhkd.jpg

https://trueviralnews.com/critics-say-netflixs-death-note-movie-is-dead-on-arrival/

Critics Say Netflix’s ‘Death Note’ Movie Is Dead on Arrival

In other news water is wet.

https://comicbook.com/anime/2017/08/22/netflixs-death-note-tried-to-cast-an-asian-actor-for-l/

Netflix's Death Note Tried To Cast An Asian Actor For L

I honestly believe this would of made a night and day difference. The character just doesn't work any other way. His ticks, his pale insomniac look and hair... it just doesn't work any other way. But even with that, the movie is still bogged down with such a ****** Light... which from the trailers isn't even remotely like the Manga/Anime counterpart.

Last edited:
This is currently trending and getting roasted into oblivion on twitter. :lol

Light supposedly shows the death note to some random girl to get in her pants, and even takes it out during gym class in front of everyone. :rotfl

I swear I went into it with an open mind.

I actually had more “fun” watching BvS, and I felt miserable watching BvS, to the point that I couldn’t wait for it to be over.

I really hope they don’t **** “Knights of the Zodiac” - arguably as popular as DBZ as far as anime goes - better known as Saint Seiya.

This was absolutely terrible. Everyone was out of character , light was a ****ing idiot and it pretty much was an edgy Americanized adaption done bad again. Edgy high school teen with a being normal sucks poster who gets bullied gets the book and gets the hot girl.

It was so ****ing cringy. I rolled my eyes when the two were making popcorn and one says " hey what people should we kill today" all casually. It was a damn mess.

9.5/10.

Wingard delivers a deliciously 80s take on the anime filled with superb style and gravitas. The actors are fantastic, each with his/her own unique cadence. Short Term 12 Lakeith Stanfield steals the show with his super eccentric "L" detective. Wolff is also great, constantly emoting and inundating every frame with a performance both cerebral and physical. Dafoe is AWESOME as the Death God. ****ing awesome.

The pacing and storytelling kept me engaged and never lost me. Once I reached the climax, I realized I was completely engrossed in the world Wingard crafted. The chase between Light and "L" is ****ing gold.

Tattersall's cinematography is again a massive throwback to movies from Wingard's fav decade. Lots of contrast and artificial light piercing through the night. The Homecoming dance was wonderfully morbid.

The music is intoxicating, which is a key component in Wingard's style (The Guest was filled with equally delicious tracks).

This is a ****ing great Death Note adaptation and one I could easily picture coming out in '87.

9.5/10.

Wingard delivers a deliciously 80s take on the anime filled with superb style and gravitas. The actors are fantastic, each with his/her own unique cadence. Short Term 12 Lakeith Stanfield steals the show with his super eccentric "L" detective. Wolff is also great, constantly emoting and inundating every frame with a performance both cerebral and physical. Dafoe is AWESOME as the Death God. ****ing awesome.

The pacing and storytelling kept me engaged and never lost me. Once I reached the climax, I realized I was completely engrossed in the world Wingard crafted. The chase between Light and "L" is ****ing gold.

Tattersall's cinematography is again a massive throwback to movies from Wingard's fav decade. Lots of contrast and artificial light piercing through the night. The Homecoming dance was wonderfully morbid.

The music is intoxicating, which is a key component in Wingard's style (The Guest was filled with equally delicious tracks).

This is a ****ing great Death Note adaptation and one I could easily picture coming out in '87.

Lmao . Ok I'm sorry . The chase between light and L was completely horrid. They had one damn convo in the coffee shop and light pretty much revealed who he was while L lost his cool. It took a giant **** on the adaption . Are you sure you watched the American movie and not the Japanese version. Cause what I saw was lazy writing, horrible dialogue and ****** music choices. I really can't see how you can be a fan of the anime and like this.

He shows the death note to a girl to get in her pants ...... I mean come on dude. The anime light was a cold calculating killer.

Lmao . Ok I'm sorry . The chase between light and L was completely horrid. They had one damn convo in the coffee shop and light pretty much revealed who he was while L lost his cool. It took a giant **** on the adaption . Are you sure you watched the American movie and not the Japanese version. Cause what I saw was lazy writing, horrible dialogue and ****** music choices. I really can't see how you can be a fan of the anime and like this.

He shows the death note to a girl to get in her pants ...... I mean come on dude. The anime light was a cold calculating killer.

Don't take the bait. It's getting crucified with the reviews :lol

****, this is so removed from the manga. Why the **** is every rule of the book's power already in the book? Light had to figure out the bulk of that on his own.

I recently watched the original it was fantastic and even the Japanese movie a few years ago was good. This was definitely a missed opportunity.

I background-watched last night. It's definitely not trying to emulate the source material in tone or themes (beyond some thin lip service). I actually enjoyed Femme-Light - reminded me of Jesse from Elm Street 2. :lol

Ryuk effects were neat and Dafoe seemed like he was having fun. L was very good IMO - nice performance and really nailed the physicality. I have a soft spot for Margaret Qualley from The Leftovers and the turns her character takes made sense considering this iteration's Light is a bit of a puss.
A couple of sweet gore effects I wasn't expecting.

I'll give it a more attentive watch at some point. Amusing remix/10.

Back