Death Note Netflix Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what made him special,

You think batman would scream like that when he saw killer croc?

Not even spiderman screamed like that when seeing the lizard the first time.

Real people dont really scream like that either. Thats something kids do in horror movies or movies like goonies....

This guy literally reacts like this woman.....

LITERALLY The same lol

SNKIT told me in private that this movie, THIS movie is his FAVORITE Video Game Adaptation of all time :)

Somehow I've never watched that movie. I was there on opening weekend to see the Wizard, so you couldn't find a more hardcore Nintendo fan. But even as a kid, I realized how incredibly stupid the premise of this film was.

NOOOOO
f- The PURISTS. Snikt and me AGREE that mario bros is the greatest adaptation of a video game !!!!

The director took the source and adapted it to fit the current audience of the 90s
Perfectly assimilating the best aspects of the game to a futuristic realistic city!

Watched this last night. For what it's worth, I found it to be an entertaining, enjoyable movie. I know nothing about the source material though. I went into it completely cold. Maybe if I had read the comic or seen the cartoon, I would have had a less favorable opinion. I run into those kinds of frustrations with "The Walking Dead" tv series (and to a lesser extent) the "Game of Thrones" show, at times.
At any rate, I thought the basic premise of the movie was different enough from what I'm used to seeing that it made for an interesting story.

Watched this last night. For what it's worth, I found it to be an entertaining, enjoyable movie. I know nothing about the source material though. I went into it completely cold. Maybe if I had read the comic or seen the cartoon, I would have had a less favorable opinion. I run into those kinds of frustrations with "The Walking Dead" tv series (and to a lesser extent) the "Game of Thrones" show, at times.
At any rate, I thought the basic premise of the movie was different enough from what I'm used to seeing that it made for an interesting story.

Good too hear, like you i have no knowledge of the source material so maybe i will enjoy it too. I'll be watching it at some point...

Another win for common sense.

You keep parroting this yet have none of your own. You're too thick to even understand why fans don't even like it, which goes far beyond skin color. And how exactly would you ****ing know what is a great intro to Death Note? :lol You don't even know what makes a good Wolverine or Venom movie. You're so far up your own ass in trolling just for the sake of it to even debate with.

Another win for common sense.
Can you shut up. Yea everyone who likes the movies you like are blessed with the holiest of thou knowledge.

I mean it's ok if you like the movie but it's in no way a good adaptation. Doesn't take an idiot to see the source got ****ed over. Just like resident evil.

Last edited:

This movie is like saying that the latest fantastic four movie was a good movie yet it follows nothing of the comic.

This is similar to how fantastic four messed up so much.

Can someone love that fantastic four movie? Sure.
Was it good adaptation? No....

That fantastic four movie doesnt even resemble the source.

The fact that this has the death note name to it will always be compared to the source.
It would be stupid to expect people to not compare it.

Can you shut up. Yea everyone who likes the movies you like are blessed with the holiest of thou knowledge.

I mean it's ok if you like the movie but it's in no way a good adaptation. Doesn't take an idiot to see the source got ****ed over. Just like resident evil.

This movie is like saying that the latest fantastic four movie was a good movie yet it follows nothing of the comic.

The fact that this has the death note name to it will always be compared to the source.

Oh look actual common sense.

So are u saying that i will like this movie if i don't know **** about the source material??? The first time i even heard about death note is via the netflix trailer so i have no connection to any of the source material

On the other hand, I hated fantastic four but never read any of the comics, it was just a terrible movie all around. So if its a terrible movie it wont matter if i know anything about the source... like most movies that are made from books i havent read- if its sucks it sucks

Last edited:
So are u saying that i will like this movie if i don't know **** about the source material??? The first time i even heard about death note is via the netflix trailer so i have no connection to any of the source material

On the other hand, I hated fantastic four but never read any of the comics, it was just a terrible movie all around. So if its a terrible movie it wont matter if i know anything about the source... like most movies that are made from books i havent read- if its sucks it sucks

No one cares if anyone liked it that isn't familiar with it. The problem people have is this moronic disdain to the people that are familiar with it that don't like it.

Why did fantastic four sucks?

And a lot of people that never heard of death note didnt like it. It looks like the people that liked it are on the minority.

where do i began, the only part of the movie i liked was the first 5 minutes and even that seemed to be a drag. There wasnt enough fantastic four in the movie, they only took on their superhero persona's at the very end, and the end vilain was a suicide squad level disaster. Suicide squad atleast had the balls to put them in costume and assume there persona's early on in the movie, this one was a build up for like 5 minutes of payoff and that 5 minutes was just terrible fighting some stupid energy beam and lame villain. The diaglog was bad, the acting wooden and stale, the direction was terrible and the villain was a hot mess much like suicide squad

Last edited:
Back