Death Note Netflix Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KXCtnh3.gif

Listing "Elfen Lied" as dark anime is pretty damn hilarious.
It's just an edgy crap for little emos.
Have some decency and list "Ergo Proxy" instead. At least it's actually dark and not coockie-cutter.

You want ****in' dark?

Shigurui
Paranoia Agent (best of the best)
Perfect Blue (personally I don't like the story but it's beautiful to look at)

**** elfen lied is freaking dark. What are you even saying. The first part is literally the main girl massacreing an entire army by tearing them apart. They kill a freakin puppy by beating it to death! A girl literally gets her damn body twisted apart. That's not dark? What are you saying? Not to mention the metaphor for racism in the show.

Those anime you pointed out are all psychological anime that make the viewer think. It's not ultra violent it just has violent scenes.

When it comes to most violent anime I've ever seen I'd say berserk (well the manga) takes it. Berserk eclipse makes game of thrones red wedding look like a kids choice awards show.

Last edited:
girl massacreing an entire army by tearing them apart.
They kill a freakin puppy by beating it to death!
girl literally gets her damn body twisted apart.
Edgy crap. The story itself is just your typical teen emo garbage.

Those anime you pointed out are all psychological anime that make the viewer think.
It's not ultra violent it just has violent scenes.
Psychological violence is as dark as it gets.
+ Shigurui is bloody.

Edgy crap. The story itself is just your typical teen emo garbage.

How? A girl that gets experimented on by the government because of her powers gets loose and goes on a rampage ,gets shot has a split personality and becomes friends with the main kid who she knew from child hood.

They couldn't even air it on adult swim cause it was so bloody. I'm not a huge fan of the show but it's definitely dark.

Now if you want emo anime that's edgy and for kids than that would be your basic shounen anime like bleach and naruto . Sasuke is basically THE emo anime character.

Ergo Proxy was so emo...

this chick went to my school
ergo-proxy-wallpaper-re-l-ergo-proxy-5747524-1280-1024.jpg

if you meant dark as in "lighting" then yeah its pretty dark.

I actually loved the trailer, it's not going to be like the anime and it doesn't need to be. I finished it about a month ago and the ending was ****ing spectacular, holy **** I don't think I've ever seen a more perfect and fitting end to such a twisted story. In film terms I see why they changed light so much, in the anime he had one single purpose and while the show had a great plot, the character wore pretty thin for me by the end and I almost didn't finish it, he never evolves emotionally in the show BUT the payoff ended up being worth it.

They are essentially making a Light that you are going to sympathize for so when he starts killing you'll be more invested in his reasoning why which is going to replace the god complex of the original Light.

I'm definitely looking forward to this. Wasn't a huge fan of the anime - first half was great, but the last half was less than stellar, IMO. Regardless, want to see this.

Yeah, that trailer was blegh... But maybe the actual movie's fine.
I'm ok with Kira bein' a bullied geek, it's different enough but still makes sense.
Still not sure about L tho...

Back