Death Note Netflix Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Death Note American Remake

Hes in this thread as we speak...

giphy.gif

You know what, **** it. I'm not a purist, but I think this could have been done better. Even if it ends up being a masterpiece, which it won't, it wouldn't have hurt to keep the protagonists looking at least a bit like the original characters. No one said Asian. Just CLOSE.

L's hairstyle and body language are ESSENTIAL. So are Light's LOOKS.

We got an ugly looking **** and a black guy.

Like, what the actual ****?

I'm of Hispanic descent BTW. So keep that race card where the sun doesn't shine. Enough is enough, this PC crap is intolerable.

9rmZMk9.gif

And Nat Wolff isn't ugly.

Whatever floats your boat, sweetie.

I watched the first 4 episodes and I'm ****ing hooked. I haven't watched any anime in over 10 years but this is my kind of show. I can see the live action movie isn't going to be like this, that's ok to me, that doesn't change the anime. Would I prefer if they just changed the characters in the film and have it take place in america, yea, I think that would have been better but as it is the anime rocks. I'll probably have this done by the end of next week. It's super intriguing.

I watched the first 4 episodes and I'm ****ing hooked. I haven't watched any anime in over 10 years but this is my kind of show. I can see the live action movie isn't going to be like this, that's ok to me, that doesn't change the anime. Would I prefer if they just changed the characters in the film and have it take place in america, yea, I think that would have been better but as it is the anime rocks. I'll probably have this done by the end of next week. It's super intriguing.

I'm glad to hear that!

The show is full of twists and stuff. U will have a great time.

You're welcome.

ogBROOg.gif

You're welcome.

ogBROOg.gif

lol I'm around episode 10 or so but L just introduced himself to Light at college and **** just got intense. I was really expecting the girlfriend of the FBI agent to be a major player but nope lol it's stuff like that, that puts this above other shows for me.

lol I'm around episode 10 or so but L just introduced himself to Light at college and **** just got intense. I was really expecting the girlfriend of the FBI agent to be a major player but nope lol it's stuff like that, that puts this above other shows for me.

Keep.... keep us posted

It's a good show but just like in the manga, there's a drop in quality after a major event happens and it never reaches the brilliance of the earlier parts in the story. I do, however, think they handled the ending a little better than the manga, but everyone has different feelings about it.

It's a good show but just like in the manga, there's a drop in quality after a major event happens and it never reaches the brilliance of the earlier parts in the story. I do, however, think they handled the ending a little better than the manga, but everyone has different feelings about it.

Should have ended sooner

BUT

They couldnt allow

Spoiler Spoiler:

Should have ended sooner

BUT

They couldnt allow

Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree 100%.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Still, I do think the series is worthwhile read as-is. There's a severe drop-off in the stakes but the ending still has it's moments.

Back