1/6 Hot Toys - Venom: Let There Be Carnage - Carnage Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cause it spoiler

Shows that venom is in the mcu and that they will meet. Idk why that’s not a big deal. That’s a huge deal. People thought this would be in the asm universe. This isn’t like agents of shield where they were never going to meet. Venom and Spider-Man were going to meet up at some point but we didn’t know when
You're making assumptions. Marvel hasn't even acknowledged Venom in any way. Sony produced the footage and they have a right to use it but there's nothing there that suggests Venom is in the MCU from Marvel's side. If it were true, Sony would be parading that around because the whole point of these villain movies is to try and piggy back off the MCU and sneak their way in. Marvel doesn't want that because it doesn't want to share creative control with Sony. Marvel does it's own movies. If they want to use Venom they will but they don't want to be in a situation where they have to accommodate the nonsense Sony does with its movies.

Until Marvel acknowledges some type of cross-over, it's just phony advertising on Sony's part to make you think Venom is part of the MCU and you should go see it for that reason.

You're making assumptions. Marvel hasn't even acknowledged Venom in any way. Sony produced the footage and they have a right to use it but there's nothing there that suggests Venom is in the MCU from Marvel's side. If it were true, Sony would be parading that around because the whole point of these villain movies is to try and piggy back off the MCU and sneak their way in. Marvel doesn't want that because it doesn't want to share creative control with Sony. Marvel does it's own movies. If they want to use Venom they will but they don't want to be in a situation where they have to accommodate the nonsense Sony does with its movies.

Until Marvel acknowledges some type of cross-over, it's just phony advertising on Sony's part to make you think Venom is part of the MCU and you should go see it for that reason.
What u talking bout making assumptions? If it’s in the mcu and that Spider-Man is set in the mcu then that venom will likely meet tom Holland. Why would marvel let the mcu Peter be shown in a venom movie if that Peter wasn’t showing up? They could have easily done another Spider-Man . Sony and marvel are working together. You know that right?

the footage shown in the venom scene is from far from home. Why would marvel let Sony use there movie to boost another one if it wasn’t going to benefit them in some way? Like what?

also the multiverse is a thing. This isn’t like agents of shield or the Netflix shows where they mention the characters in a conversation they actually showed the character .

Last edited:
What u talking bout making assumptions? If it’s in the mcu and that Spider-Man is set in the mcu then that venom will likely meet tom Holland. Why would marvel let the mcu Peter be shown in a venom movie if that Peter wasn’t showing up? They could have easily done another Spider-Man . Sony and marvel are working together. You know that right?

the footage shown in the venom scene is from far from home. Why would marvel let Sony use there movie to boost another one if it wasn’t going to benefit them in some way? Like what?

also the multiverse is a thing. This isn’t like agents of shield or the Netflix shows where they mention the characters in a conversation they actually showed the character .
Honestly, I wrote a whole explanation but I don't think you'd even understand. I don't think you understand the details of the deal between Marvel and Sony and why their relationship is much more complicated than say Marvel and Netflix.

Nope. If astetics wasn't important then there is no reason to not save money and buy cheap action figures. Hot Toys

Nope. If you want extreme articulation that's for cheap action figures
You can have a figure with great aesthetics and visible joints. The Hot Toys Wolf Predator is an excellent example.

And again, you haven't addressed the deterioration issue. What happens when the Hot Toys figure you saved money for crumbles apart because of poor materials? Does a high-end experience need to be ephemeral? I don't mind paying extra for aesthetics, but it's worthless if the thing only lasts a couple years.

Honestly, I wrote a whole explanation but I don't think you'd even understand. I don't think you understand the details of the deal between Marvel and Sony and why their relationship is much more complicated than say Marvel and Netflix.
What’s not to understand? Your explanation didn’t explain anything . It sounds like YOU don’t want it to happen and YOU don’t want venom being in the mcu. It’s has nothing to do with understanding anything.
The multiverse is a thing.
Mcu Spider-Man was shown in a venom movie.
There is nothing complicated about it. They are sharing the character. It’s been stated multiple times. Again. If they didn’t want have venom in the mcu they could have done another Spider-Man . Netflix was nothing like the Sony deal. Why would marvel/ Disney let them use footage from THERE movie if this venom wasn’t going to show up. You don’t even know the context of the scene or how it could even play into the mcu lol. The netflix shows played no part in the movies, the second venom film sets up future things from no way home

come on son lol

Last edited:
This can go happen in several different ways.

If Holland shows up in Venoms "multiverse", that doesn't mean Venom will show up in the official MCU multiverse. The MCU's Spider-Man could somehow be transported to Sony's Venom's Multiverse. That doesn't mean Venom will pop up in the actual Disney/Marvel MCU either. Similar events can play out/happen across multiple multiverse's. So, Spider-Man could exist in Venoms multiverse and he was outed to the public in the same/similar fashion. And, he looks just like the Spider-Man form the MCU multiverse. Maybe he has has a different Aunt May, maybe Uncle Ben is still around....

Until you see Holland's Spidey fighting Hardy's Venom and Feige comes out and says yes, Sonys Venom is officially part of the MCU, an end credit scene doesn't mean ****....

Welcome to the wonderful world of Multiverse BS. That's why this is even WORSE than the time travel BS... :slap

:rotfl

This can go happen in several different ways.

If Holland shows up in Venoms "multiverse", that doesn't mean Venom will show up in the official MCU multiverse. The MCU's Spider-Man could somehow be transported to Sony's Venom's Multiverse. That doesn't mean Venom will pop up in the actual Disney/Marvel MCU either. Similar events can play out/happen across multiple multiverse's. So, Spider-Man could exist in Venoms multiverse and he was outed to the public in the same/similar fashion. And, he looks just like the Spider-Man form the MCU multiverse. Maybe he has has a different Aunt May, maybe Uncle Ben is still around....

Until you see Holland's Spidey fighting Hardy's Venom and Feige comes out and says yes, Sonys Venom is officially part of the MCU, an end credit scene doesn't mean ****....

Welcome to the wonderful world of Multiverse BS. That's why this is even WORSE than the time travel BS... :slap

:rotfl
Lol idk. Why are people denying it. If that Spider-Man from a Disney made Spider-Man film is shown in the venom film instead of easily Andrew Garfield then it has to connect down the line. I don’t see a company like Disney just giving Sony permission to use the mcu Spider-Man if they weren’t going to do something with it.
Because the multiverse is a thing Sony could have easily used another Spider-Man but they didn’t they used tom Holland’s and footage from a mcu film.

sony and marvel have a partnership. And don’t after credit scenes always tie into a another film or hype another one in marvel movies? Im confused as to why people wouldn’t think this wouldn’t be set in the mcu.

judging by the leaked plot. Venom is in the mcu or atleast transported there.

Don't you remember all the drama with crack head Amy Pascal doing interviews with Feige and telling people it was a shared universe and Kevin Feige giving her the stink eye, then correcting her, no it's not....

We have No idea what deal they made. Just like in FFH all the Raimey & Garfield people popping in, that doesn't make them an actual part of the MCU storyline's. They made guest appearance in a cross over event.. One and Done. What happens when you **** with the Multiverse.

In comics crossovers happen all the time. That doesn't mean that when Batman fought the Hulk, that Batman became part of the Marvel Universe... When Batman met Spawn, Spawn isn't officially in the DC Universe.

It's all fan service to make a buck... Speculate all you want, but like I said, nothing is official until Feige releases a statement saying what it meant. Venom 2 is 9 days away. That's 9 days of arguing each others side over speculation....

:dunno

Instead, just wait and see, then the winner can say I Told You So.... :pfft:

:)

Then we can argue again as to how great it is or how stupid it is... :lol

P.S. I'm in the stupid camp.. :wave

Don't you remember all the drama with crack head Amy Pascal doing interviews with Feige and telling people it was a shared universe and Kevin Feige giving her the stink eye, then correcting her, no it's not....

We have No idea what deal they made. Just like in FFH all the Raimey & Garfield people popping in, that doesn't make them an actual part of the MCU storyline's. They made guest appearance in a cross over event.. One and Done. What happens when you **** with the Multiverse.

In comics crossovers happen all the time. That doesn't mean that when Batman fought the Hulk, that Batman became part of the Marvel Universe... When Batman met Spawn, Spawn isn't officially in the DC Universe.

It's all fan service to make a buck... Speculate all you want, but like I said, nothing is official until Feige releases a statement saying what it meant. Venom 2 is 9 days away. That's 9 days of arguing each others side over speculation....

Lol I know. I’m honestly in the cano that hates the venom films cause I hate Sony and avi arad . But I am dying to see Spider-Man vs venom . So I’m kinda in the middle.

We all understand that as bigger than average fans. But if Batman did show up in a Spider-Man movie, average Joe movie goer would assume they share a universe now. So when marvel characters do that, people will naturally assume they are connected. Sony is banking on that even if it’s not true.

Feige will/should make every official MCU movie going forward show a diagram at the beginning of every new movie for 15 seconds as to which movies are shared with each other.... :lol

Cause, the average fan is dumb and can't take 5 minutes to google or ask Siri something.

This is the true Multiverse Of Madness....

The utter confusion of the casual fan/fad follower...

We all understand that as bigger than average fans. But if Batman did show up in a Spider-Man movie, average Joe movie goer would assume they share a universe now. So when marvel characters do that, people will naturally assume they are connected. Sony is banking on that even if it’s not true.
Nah that’s different. Disney aloud Sony to use footage from an mcu movie for venom. Idk that seems strange

Venom is literally watching Tom Hollands unmasking video from the end of FFH on the tv. That means Venom is in the MCU. Will he def show up in an "MCU" film? No. But he will def fight Tom Hollands Spidey in either a Venom sequel or a Spider-man MCU sequel. It's possible that the MCU might not even mention it if Holland fights Venom in a Venom 3, but it still happened. It's still the same character, and the same actor. Michael Keaton's Vulture is also in Morbius. Even if the MCU avoids mentioning any of this, which is possible, it still takes place in the same universe with the same versions of the characters, because Sony owns spider-man and can use him however they want. I, and the majority of movie-goers don't need a statement released by Kevin Feige confirming that it's in the MCU. It's just obviously in the MCU.

Controversial opinion here, but I have very little interest seeing Sony-verse Venom fight MCU Spider-Man. At this point there's no logical reason for that to happen: Venom's origin is completely dis-associated with anything Spider-Man, and on top of that he's ALREADY being portrayed as an anti-hero, which didn't happen in the comics until long after Brock came to grips with his Spider-Man hatred.

I'd be far more interested to see them trend in a direction more akin to the more recent Venom stuff in the Cates/Stegman run....particularly some of the mythology around the Absolute Carnage/King in Black stuff.

There's a line in the first Venom flick where the symbiote talks about "being more." Let's see that pay off.

Venom is literally watching Tom Hollands unmasking video from the end of FFH on the tv. That means Venom is in the MCU. Will he def show up in an "MCU" film? No.
I'm baffled at how so many people can't comprehend that the Sony deal is unique and complicated. "He is in the MCU. Does that mean he will show up in an MCU film? No. But that still means he's in it."

Seriously? That teaser is just to fool people into thinking the Venom franchise isn't a total dead-end. They did an origin and they did Carnage. Without Spider-Man, there's basically nothing to explore.

They had so many opportunities to connect the two characters and they didn't do it. Venom 1 could easily have had Spider-Man as part of the origin. No Way Home can EASILY incorporate Venom. MARVEL DOESN'T WANT TO DO IT.

Compare Netflix: They allowed the rights to revert. It wasn't a deal made with hundreds of lawyers dictating who is allowed to do what with which character. Now Fiege can pick the bones of Netflix for the best parts and move forward without any legal or creative issues.

Compare Sony: The deal is so complicated that they can't even legally discuss it publicly. Nobody knows what the actual terms are. Obviously it seems that Tom Holland cannot appear as an actor in these Sony films or they would've done it already. If Fiege adopts Venom, he has to plan the MCU around whatever nonsense Sony decides to do with him and he can't CONTROL any of it. This is obviously bad for business. Also, if he adopts Venom, he has now legitimized it as "in the MCU" and given Sony the leverage they need to take Tom Holland (at the end of the deal) and start doing whatever they want because it's "in the MCU" even though it really wouldn't be after that. Sony knows this. If they can make successful spinoff movies and attach it to the MCU, when the deal expires, they can take Holland and keep making their own movies with the established MCU fan base. This will weaken any negotiating leverage Marvel would have because their part of the deal is to bring the box office gross their movies generate. That's all Sony wants.

I'm baffled at how so many people can't comprehend that the Sony deal is unique and complicated. "He is in the MCU. Does that mean he will show up in an MCU film? No. But that still means he's in it."

Seriously? That teaser is just to fool people into thinking the Venom franchise isn't a total dead-end. They did an origin and they did Carnage. Without Spider-Man, there's basically nothing to explore.

They had so many opportunities to connect the two characters and they didn't do it. Venom 1 could easily have had Spider-Man as part of the origin. No Way Home can EASILY incorporate Venom. MARVEL DOESN'T WANT TO DO IT.

Compare Netflix: They allowed the rights to revert. It wasn't a deal made with hundreds of lawyers dictating who is allowed to do what with which character. Now Fiege can pick the bones of Netflix for the best parts and move forward without any legal or creative issues.

Compare Sony: The deal is so complicated that they can't even legally discuss it publicly. Nobody knows what the actual terms are. Obviously it seems that Tom Holland cannot appear as an actor in these Sony films or they would've done it already. If Fiege adopts Venom, he has to plan the MCU around whatever nonsense Sony decides to do with him and he can't CONTROL any of it. This is obviously bad for business. Also, if he adopts Venom, he has now legitimized it as "in the MCU" and given Sony the leverage they need to take Tom Holland (at the end of the deal) and start doing whatever they want because it's "in the MCU" even though it really wouldn't be after that. Sony knows this. If they can make successful spinoff movies and attach it to the MCU, when the deal expires, they can take Holland and keep making their own movies with the established MCU fan base. This will weaken any negotiating leverage Marvel would have because their part of the deal is to bring the box office gross their movies generate. That's all Sony wants.
I’m baffled you honestly believe a marvel/ Disney film would literally let Sony show footage from there film to promote a movie. It doesn’t matter what universe it takes place. It shows that this venom will fight tom Holland or be in a multiverse mcu or in the mcu itself.

you’re just assuming. How do you know what marvel wants? Sony could have easily just made a new Spider-Man or set venom in the asm verse. It’s obviously a set up for no way home.

not sounds like you don’t want it to happen so your assuming things. Which is fine. I don’t Sony either. But it’s literally spelled out right infront of you. This venom is going to meet that Spider-Man.

Disney and Sony have a deal. Why on earth would they just let Sony use there movie to promote something that wouldn’t make them money. Come on.

ps the deal isn’t complicated at all. It’s literally just marvel/Sony sharing the profits. There is nothing complicated about it. I’d say hulk deal is more complicated cause he can’t get a solo film.

Back