1/6 Hot Toys - HONŌ STUDIO | X-Men - Magneto Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I'm sure you have some sort of proof or evidence or a whistleblower report to back up this claim of paid reviews, and haven't just decided this must be what's happening behind the scenes because you can't wrap your head around the idea of people liking stuff you don't... ;)
I could compile a list of all ‘critic’ reviewers, research their political and ideological leanings and present how they shockingly all appear to be in complete agreement with one another and inflate ratings of projects in alignment with their beliefs- or I could just let the contradictory audience scores do the talking for me.

So how ‘bout that Magneto, eh?

Definitely needs to be in a flight pose, right?

I could compile a list of all ‘critic’ reviewers, research their political and ideological leanings and present how they shockingly all appear to be in complete agreement with one another and inflate ratings of projects in alignment with their beliefs- or I could just let the contradictory audience scores do the talking for me.
"I could find some people who like a thing, and I could other people who dislike the thing." Top notch investigatory work, really. Still doesn't prove your assertion that movie studios are paying for reviews. In fact, your point that movies can have contradictory audience scores (that require no verification of actually screening the movie, mind you) that are publicly visible makes me wonder what the point of paying for a positive review from one person would even be in the first place. XD

Then you suggest that these reviewers are "inflating" the review scores because the films "align with their political/ideological beliefs" (read: they aren't freaking out if the movie has non-white/male/straight people in it), so which is it? Are they giving these movies positive reviews because they're being paid, or because they're promoting their agenda? If they're promoting their agenda, why would they need to be paid off?

Anyway... just preordered this Magneto. Totally feeling the hovering, arms-out pose, but I have a scan of the Sentinel Hand from the XM Magneto statue that I may print out at scale for this as well.

On that, Film critics tend to be Educated people. and Educated people tend to be left leaning, and/or progressives interested in moving society as a whole forward.

So yes, many of them are going to have shared political, societal, and economic viewpoints.

So how ‘bout that Magneto, eh?

Definitely needs to be in a flight pose, right?
my ONLY complaint is the Scene specific head, in an expression magneto RARELY makes.

Magneto's facial expression is typically Stoic disappointment, boredom, or smoldering rage.

he VERY RARELY gets so mad he has teeth gritting constipation face.

my ONLY complaint is the Scene specific head, in an expression magneto RARELY makes.

Magneto's facial expression is typically Stoic disappointment, boredom, or smoldering rage.

he VERY RARELY gets so mad he has teeth gritting constipation face.
They definitely were going for the classic Jim Lee cover scowl.

They definitely were going for the classic Jim Lee cover scowl.
oh no doubt. but it's that Cover. it's like that Toy biz Aragorn figure from the late 90's. he YELLS during the charge, and toybiz gave him a " insert dongus here" screaming head.

it REALLLY limits the display options.

Would it have been so hard to give us a couple options?
Wolverine got swappable mouth pieces.

why not do the same for magneto? have the "face part uner the helmet swappable.

Bah, I'm just griping.

I'll almost certainly order one, and track down the sideshow head as an alternative.

As much as I dislike the '97 outfit, as great as the show has been, I would want to put that team together.

As much as I dislike the '97 outfit, as great as the show has been, I would want to put that team together.
I call that his "X-Men #200 outfit." Iconic comic book for me as a kid. I really like how he has the giant "M" on his spandex shirt, in case people forget his name.

Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_200.jpg

The show has absolutely blown me away. I honestly struggle to think of how they could better adapt the X-Men in live action at this point. Episode 5 is still haunting me.

Ep 5 was the best thing Disney have made since Endgame and was sorely needed after what I considered a filler-heavy previous episode- although its light-hearted, youth-centric primary plot ultimately contrasted brilliantly with ep5's very mature themes.

I'm starting to wonder if that show runner wasn't fired because he did something wrong but because he's exposing every other 'creative' in the company for the talentless imposters they are.

Look how good a show can be when you focus on flawed characters facing internal struggles as well as external threats, ambiguous morality, and antagonistic interpersonal dynamics; literally the things fans have actually been criticising the company for neglecting for years now. It almost gives me hope for Daredevil. Almost.
If Disney don’t learn the right lesson from this, they never will.
I call that his "X-Men #200 outfit." Iconic comic book for me as a kid. I really like how he has the giant "M" on his spandex shirt, in case people forget his name.

Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_200.jpg
Did they just try to contain the master of magnetism by locking him in chains?..

Back