1/6 Premier Toys PT-0010 Fire Man (Johnny Storm - The Human Torch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the look of the final product, I doubt it will sell well and probably won’t make the rest of the squad.
If I’m wrong then I be happily to admit that I’m wrong but I got strong feeling it not gonna happen.
Most likely. You’re probably right.

Mine arrived in the States a couple days ago. Should be here in a few more. I’ll post some pics when I get it. Haven’t seen any reviews on this. No surprise there.

Mine arrived in the States a couple days ago. Should be here in a few more. I’ll post some pics when I get it. Haven’t seen any reviews on this. No surprise there.
Looking forward to seeing your pics. I can't say I'm in any way optimistic, but comparing the side and front view photos in Kit's post it's apparent that the head isn't completely seated in the front view. The neck still looks way too long, but perhaps drilling deeper into the head socket can salvage the situation. That said, the sculpt still looks weird to me - part Chris Evans, part Daniel Craig (especially the receding hairline).

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 09-47-27 02639de357cb9886c5e493d298bb6008.jpg (JPEG Image 472 × 581 p...png

I agree. I also think the lack of color height is throwing the whole thing off as well. Plus the shoulders seem too low and are not allowing the entire collar to rise up enough.
Some quick comparisons I did with the photos that have already been released.

Attachments

• IMG_7466.jpeg
    IMG_7466.jpeg
    537.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7469.jpeg
    IMG_7469.jpeg
    681.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7471.jpeg
    IMG_7471.jpeg
    506.2 KB · Views: 0
This is one of the worst figures I've seen !
theoretically it might be passable if the proportions weren’t so off, especially the neck.

The facial expression looks goofy too but Chris Evans sort of had that smirk throughout the movie.

Maybe they’ll surprise us out of nowhere and nail Jessica Alba with a fantastic Sue Storm figure? Highly unlikely. :lol

Doesn't Premier Toys have some halfway decent figures (The Martian and some Mad Max)?

This sub par Human Torch has me concerned about a couple Premier Toys figures I have on PO - Interstellar Anne Hathaway and young Jackie Chan.
I wouldn’t be too concerned about the Brand from Interstellar as its a collab with another party so fingers crossed.

I’m quite surprised at how this turned out, because the Mark Watney/Martian is utterly fantastic - and a lot more complicated then Mr Storm.

As for our Jackie - who knows…👀

Ok. It’s pretty bad in hand but the suit is ok. It’s just the lack of a tall enough collar that looks bad in person. Definitely not worth the price tag but it is salvageable. A body swap is in order as soon as mine comes in. Picked up the Phicen M33 as it seems like it will be the closest to Johnnys physique.

The gloves and boots are nice. Didn’t realize they are also a very dark Navy blue. Boots are soft enough to bend and hold a somewhat decent flying pose.

I removed the inner head socket so I could lower the head into the neck. Looks better. Plus I added a leather like collar to the suit. Not great but it needed something.

Figure is a decent height. Taller without the neck/head mod but I’ve got him right now at about 12 1/4” tall.
IMG_7684.jpeg

Before collar after neck mod.
IMG_7675.jpeg

IMG_7680.jpeg

After collar and neck mod.
IMG_7683.jpeg

Looks like this one will be close enough. Hopefully the suit will stretch enough to make it look decent.

Attachments

• IMG_7621.jpeg
    IMG_7621.jpeg
    576.8 KB · Views: 0
Ain’t no mod saving this abomination respect your money for crying out loud.
I seriously don’t understand some people in this hobby. “It’s not bad” “with some mods it will look good”. I don’t like insulting on people for whatever they enjoy. But holy crap it ain’t easy biting my tongue anymore. Why anyone would want this in their collection is beyond me.

I seriously don’t understand some people in this hobby. “It’s not bad” “with some mods it will look good”. I don’t like insulting on people for whatever they enjoy. But holy crap it ain’t easy biting my tongue anymore. Why anyone would want this in their collection is beyond me.
To each their own. It’s better than my custom versions so I’m happy with it until something better comes along. I’m glad I don’t have to ask you guys what to spend my money on.

To each their own. It’s better than my custom versions so I’m happy with it until something better comes along. I’m glad I don’t have to ask you guys what to spend my money on.
Agreed

Many people outside of our hobby would criticize ALL OF US for spending money on ANY of these figures, so should we stop collecting?

We all love this hobby overall but enjoy different lines and different elements/aspects about the hobby which is really cool. Everyone values things differently, so unless asked, I don’t think I have the right to tell someone else what they should like or value.

I own some terrible figures like the Shazam aka the champion , at least it had a ok head sculpt .
This figure has zero going for it not even a so so head sculpt .

Back