1/6 Hot Toys - Venom: Let There Be Carnage - Carnage Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll be honest, I just saw carnage as red black and messy. What is this design missing?

To me, it's missing the symbiote made Black Teeth and a lot more black symbiote through out the whole body. The symbiote made Black teeth really gives a whole new different look between Venom and Carnage.
1632072408246.png

1632072562335.png

The point of Carnage was supposed to be a unstable mix of black and red. It should be a unstable blob of a symbiote that should have random tentacles going haywire as it represents Cassidy's insanity. I'm think the movie design is way too stable for me.

To me, it's missing the symbiote made Black Teeth and a lot more black symbiote through out the whole body. The symbiote made Black teeth really gives a whole new different look between Venom and Carnage.
View attachment 538938
View attachment 538939

The point of Carnage was supposed to be a unstable mix of black and red. It should be a unstable blob of a symbiote that should have random tentacles going haywire as it represents Cassidy's insanity. I'm think the movie design is way too stable for me.
Couldn’t put my finger on it so thanks for pointing it out. Yeah that would be significantly better looking, less generic and more iconic.

View attachment 538938
View attachment 538939

The whole black teeth aspect of Carnage doesn't really translate well to live action because than you would have his mouth being black from lighting/shadow. You would completely lose the ability to clearly see his teeth. The only reason they get away with it in the comics is because they just fill in his mouth with a flat pink color. That doesn't work as well in live action.

You end up with something like this:
intro-1580150639.jpg

Where the teeth is black but then his inner mouth is also black from shadows so it just becomes one big black mess in his mouth area.

I think they did a good enough job by making the surrounding area around his mouth black.

E7i8BqCWYAUIbI_.jpg

The whole black teeth aspect of Carnage doesn't really translate well to live action because than you would have his mouth being black from lighting/shadow. You would completely lose the ability to clearly see his teeth. The only reason they get away with it in the comics is because they just fill in his mouth with a flat pink color. That doesn't work as well in live action.

intro-1580150639.jpg

Where the teeth is black but then his inner mouth is also black from shadows so it just becomes one big black mess in his mouth area.

I think they did a good enough job by making the surrounding area around his mouth black.

E7i8BqCWYAUIbI_.jpg
Not really, they had to make the "teeth" real teeth instead of the symbiote made teeth. They can always make the mouth pink inside like the statue. If VFX needs to light correctly, they can always find a way of doing it.

I understand that there's a reason they had to do the real teeth because they're just making all the Symbiotes have the same design with similar teeth like how Riot and Venom also had the same teeth design as well. Just they could've made such a beloved character be a lot more different from Venom would've been nice. I mean just looking at the picture honestly it looks just like a Red version of Venom.

1632108104367.png

Couldn’t put my finger on it so thanks for pointing it out. Yeah that would be significantly better looking, less generic and more iconic.
I think the big problem is that the movie Carnage is just too stable. The symbiote should be very organic and free flowing liquidy and going haywire/insane at the same time. It should be a mess.

Not really, they had to make the "teeth" real teeth instead of the symbiote made teeth. They can always make the mouth pink inside like the statue. If VFX needs to light correctly, they can always find a way of doing it.

I understand that there's a reason they had to do the real teeth because they're just making all the Symbiotes have the same design with similar teeth like how Riot and Venom also had the same teeth design as well. Just they could've made such a beloved character be a lot more different from Venom would've been nice. I mean just looking at the picture honestly it looks just like a Red version of Venom.

View attachment 538998
Pretty much this. The movie looks to much like venom. Carnage doesn’t have a tongue and doesn’t have teeth like that.

Pretty much this. The movie looks to much like venom. Carnage doesn’t have a tongue and doesn’t have teeth like that.
Uh yeah he does, in more recent comics he's been drawn that way before. Although I get some of you nitpicking how he looks can we wait to see the film first before saying it's not Carnage. Lol just my thoughts is all.
85644e51e0e5bd9ff9f0848d16bfb510.jpg

Uh yeah he does, in more recent comics he's been drawn that way before. Although I get some of you nitpicking how he looks can we wait to see the film first before saying it's not Carnage. Lol just my thoughts is all.View attachment 539018
Uhhh I don’t care. I’m talking about how he debuted and how he’s represented in most media. Not some one off comic no one has ever heard of. It’s not even nit picking. It looks like red venom. no one said this isn’t carnage btw so I don’t know where you got that from 🙄. I still like the design it’s just not comic accurate
But go off I guess

Uhhh I don’t care. I’m talking about how he debuted and how he’s represented in most media. Not some one off comic no one has ever heard of. It’s not even nit picking. It looks like red venom. But go off I guess
I'm not going off just giving a rebuttal with no malice to it. Like I said it's just my thought on it I understand we want it to be 100% accurate to the source but sadly now a days Hollywood doesn't care as long as they make money. Outside of the look if he acts like the Carnage we know then at least they got his character right so I'm ok with the slight change, plus we know most of the inspiration comes from modern comics (I believe all Marvel films take inspiration from the Ultimates universe which is earth 1610 in the comics I think.. image reference bellow) then the original ones which is unfortunate.
Gwendolyne_Stacy_%28Clone%29_%28Earth-1610%29_vs._Edward_Brock%2C_Jr._%28Earth-1610%29_from_Ul...jpg

Last edited:
I'm not going off just giving a rebuttal with no malice to it. Like I said it's just my thought on it I understand we want it to be 100% accurate to the source but sadly now a days Hollywood doesn't care as long as they make money. Outside of the look if he acts like the Carnage we know then at least they got his character right so I'm ok with the slight change, plus we know most of the inspiration comes from modern comics (I believe all Marvel films take inspiration from the Ultimates universe which is earth 1610 in the comics I think.. image reference bellow) then the original ones which is unfortunate. View attachment 539020
Nobody cares about it being 100 percent accurate. It’s just something was off about it and people said what it was. It doesn’t matter. It still looks like carnage. It’s just not perfect imo. I hate the ultimate looks btw. Guarantee when people see the figure they’ll buy it. No one here said they hate it just that it could use tweaking. No hero design is perfect .

intro-1580150639.jpg

E7i8BqCWYAUIbI_.jpg
I agree, it would have looked like a total mess with black teeth in live action form. They did a good job of making it look like Carnage while also having to make a few necessary changes.

TAS was such a great achievement. So many great characters and classic villains appear. We even got spider-carnage at the end with the spider-clone saga. In the comics it took spider-man and venom teaming up to defeat carnage, yet it looks like we will never get tom holland spider-man with tom hardy venom in a movie.

I wish we could have seen spectacular’s interpretation of carnage . Damn that show was so good

Nobody cares about it being 100 percent accurate. It’s just something was off about it and people said what it was. It doesn’t matter. It still looks like carnage. It’s just not perfect imo. I hate the ultimate looks btw. Guarantee when people see the figure they’ll buy it. No one here said they hate it just that it could use tweaking. No hero design is perfect .
No worries just making more convo though I understand what you mean. Also I never like Ultimates either some things where cool but others not so much, I do agree with you on Wolverine also would have been prefered if they tried to get him comic accurate but Huge was Logan in the end.

Back